Acceptance Now - 1900.00 bedset, how about 6000.00 after I signed and not told this is Rent-A-Center (RAC) -Scammed, Lied To, Right TAXes how about interest! Do NOT do it!!
Update added by user Jun 18, 2015
SO, they said let us work with you at the solution center...they just wanted the money...
They called my landlord, asking about me.. came to the house... it is just that I paid close to $2000.00 which is more than it is worth... then on top of that I have the documents showing what she wrote and said about the whole deal.
How the furniture would cost 2400.00 but they would show to the credit folks that $7,000.00 was paid. It is all written out in her handwriting. I bought my furniture at Connollys in Fremont, CA....
NOW, Ashley furniture has it...OH BY THE WAY now Sears is using Acceptance Now (rent-a-center) BEWARE
Update added by user Dec 08, 2014
12/2/2014 - Now, because of what I stated Jose is trying to call and see what I was told at the beginning and that he was going to call Mehgan to see what she remembers telling me REALLY!!!!RIGHT!!!
then he asked me well, why did you keep paying... I said really!!! I paid you $1,874.00 I asked how much more I owe and I am told another $2,000.00... I said lets do the math...
I paid 208.00 a month for 12 months that equals $2,496.00 a YEAR.... $2,496.00 at a the term I was just told 36months equals $7.488.00 for a bedroom set that cost $1,900.00... REALLY!!! and then I was told I could have paid off the amount of $2,000.00 anytime.
SO, I see only @20.00 is going to the principal so I have only paid 180.00 towards the purchase price of 1900.00.... So, I asked him was he going to give my 1874.00 back Jose: uhhhh no, we can't...It would go against your credit as a charge-off... I said "Then why ask such a *** question?" Jose says: Well ma'am I don't see where they notated that you were upset about he agreement... So, did you ever tell them you were upset?
I told him he needs to do another in-service day with his customer service reps.
He also told me that they just recently added the name RAC to Acceptance now...BUT that RAC is their "SISTER COMPANY" he then wanted to go over the agreement with me I told him I had to go and that I was knew what he was up too!!!
Update added by user Dec 08, 2014
I just had to call and see if the number was bogus or what and to document.I called to speak to Jade to see if this was a real...
I was informed he did not know who Jade was! (Strike 1) So, the number I called was the solution center and some guy name Keith who did not know Jade or why they are referring people to call ... (Strike #2) So, it is not like they have this compliant in the system... Starting to wonder if they are just trolling.
HE asked me how he could help me... HE also asked if I was calling in regards to an AcceptanceNOW store... So, after speaking with them and telling them what happened... Keith stated he would give my complaint to Ronald Heisler who is the district manager...
who would call me to see what happened.I think this is so bogus!!!!
Original review posted by user Dec 03, 2014
NEVER ONCE was I told I was renting ANYTHING!if you look at the document...
I am now seeing that I am renting REALLY!!! so misleading.... I bought a bedroom set at Connelly's Furniture in Fremont, CA and I was not told that RAC was rent-a center. I was also told I would not be able to double my payments in order to pay off the bed set with in 6months.
I was told I had to have the whole amount at that time. I was also told that I was being charged taxes (at the same rate of interest) So, I asked her if this was a new way to say interest and she just smiled and told me huhhh, no it is not. (right) any way I have been paying on the bed 208.00 since February of 2014... I asked how much I had to owe in October especially since the bed was only 1900.00 I figured at the most another 500 to 700.00 NOPE I was told I still owed over 2,000 dollars for a bedroom set that cost 1900.00 and that I would have ended up paying 6000.00 after it was all said and done (REALLY).
I have paid to date 1872.00... REALLLY YES have them audit their taxes and everything ELSE... OHHHHHH, here is the kicker!!!
I was told my file was given to Ashley Furniture in Milpitas to handle as a matter of fact they are handling all of Connelly's files...I was not told about interest/TAXES or that it was a Rent a Center finance.
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor customer service
- Lies told to me
- Exceptionally high lease fees
- Reason of review:
- I was lied too about the whole issue... I was never told I was renting and I was lied to about taxes vs interest rates, Payments and the fact that I am seeking an attorney.
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bedroom Set
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Hello John, Thank you for contacting Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. in Arcadia, WI. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your Ashley furniture. All warranties are..."
- "Shadiest company i have ever worked for..."
- " Well on Memorial Day 2016 I went in to purchase a full bedroom set and found out I liked I had applied online prior to visiting the Lexington VCF so..."
- "I had booked my travel from Mumbai to London via Abu Dhabi via Etihad Airways and have had the most horrible and horrid experience I have had in my lifetime..."
- "I purchased two of the toilet bowl lights and installed it but the light does not turn off. It is on constantly therefore it will wear out the batteries much..."
- "Someone stole my credit card information and made two purchases. The genius purchased the items using my address and attempted to drop ship them to his address but was too..."
- "I'm Suraj Kancharla, an International student attending grad school in California. I bought an '03 passat in '13 and been looking after it with a lot of care - regular..."
- "Do not use this company unless you want the biggest headache of your life. Without going into every single little detail of what has happened to me over the past..."
- "When I found Green Spotted Puffer fish at Walmart in February 2015., I was shocked. All were emaciated and suffering from fin rot, ich, flukes, and parasites. The associate warned..."