Acceptance Now - 1900.00 bedset, how about 6000.00 after I signed and not told this is Rent-A-Center (RAC) -Scammed, Lied To, Right TAXes how about interest! Do NOT do it!!
Update added by user Jun 18, 2015
SO, they said let us work with you at the solution center...they just wanted the money...
They called my landlord, asking about me.. came to the house... it is just that I paid close to $2000.00 which is more than it is worth... then on top of that I have the documents showing what she wrote and said about the whole deal.
How the furniture would cost 2400.00 but they would show to the credit folks that $7,000.00 was paid. It is all written out in her handwriting. I bought my furniture at Connollys in Fremont, CA....
NOW, Ashley furniture has it...OH BY THE WAY now Sears is using Acceptance Now (rent-a-center) BEWARE
Update added by user Dec 08, 2014
12/2/2014 - Now, because of what I stated Jose is trying to call and see what I was told at the beginning and that he was going to call Mehgan to see what she remembers telling me REALLY!!!!RIGHT!!!
then he asked me well, why did you keep paying... I said really!!! I paid you $1,874.00 I asked how much more I owe and I am told another $2,000.00... I said lets do the math...
I paid 208.00 a month for 12 months that equals $2,496.00 a YEAR.... $2,496.00 at a the term I was just told 36months equals $7.488.00 for a bedroom set that cost $1,900.00... REALLY!!! and then I was told I could have paid off the amount of $2,000.00 anytime.
SO, I see only @20.00 is going to the principal so I have only paid 180.00 towards the purchase price of 1900.00.... So, I asked him was he going to give my 1874.00 back Jose: uhhhh no, we can't...It would go against your credit as a charge-off... I said "Then why ask such a *** question?" Jose says: Well ma'am I don't see where they notated that you were upset about he agreement... So, did you ever tell them you were upset?
I told him he needs to do another in-service day with his customer service reps.
He also told me that they just recently added the name RAC to Acceptance now...BUT that RAC is their "SISTER COMPANY" he then wanted to go over the agreement with me I told him I had to go and that I was knew what he was up too!!!
Update added by user Dec 08, 2014
I just had to call and see if the number was bogus or what and to document.I called to speak to Jade to see if this was a real...
I was informed he did not know who Jade was! (Strike 1) So, the number I called was the solution center and some guy name Keith who did not know Jade or why they are referring people to call ... (Strike #2) So, it is not like they have this compliant in the system... Starting to wonder if they are just trolling.
HE asked me how he could help me... HE also asked if I was calling in regards to an AcceptanceNOW store... So, after speaking with them and telling them what happened... Keith stated he would give my complaint to Ronald Heisler who is the district manager...
who would call me to see what happened.I think this is so bogus!!!!
Original review posted by user Dec 03, 2014
NEVER ONCE was I told I was renting ANYTHING!if you look at the document...
I am now seeing that I am renting REALLY!!! so misleading.... I bought a bedroom set at Connelly's Furniture in Fremont, CA and I was not told that RAC was rent-a center. I was also told I would not be able to double my payments in order to pay off the bed set with in 6months.
I was told I had to have the whole amount at that time. I was also told that I was being charged taxes (at the same rate of interest) So, I asked her if this was a new way to say interest and she just smiled and told me huhhh, no it is not. (right) any way I have been paying on the bed 208.00 since February of 2014... I asked how much I had to owe in October especially since the bed was only 1900.00 I figured at the most another 500 to 700.00 NOPE I was told I still owed over 2,000 dollars for a bedroom set that cost 1900.00 and that I would have ended up paying 6000.00 after it was all said and done (REALLY).
I have paid to date 1872.00... REALLLY YES have them audit their taxes and everything ELSE... OHHHHHH, here is the kicker!!!
I was told my file was given to Ashley Furniture in Milpitas to handle as a matter of fact they are handling all of Connelly's files...I was not told about interest/TAXES or that it was a Rent a Center finance.
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor customer service
- Lies told to me
- Exceptionally high lease fees
- Reason of review:
- I was lied too about the whole issue... I was never told I was renting and I was lied to about taxes vs interest rates, Payments and the fact that I am seeking an attorney.
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bedroom Set
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "These people delivered (2) new leather couches 1-1/2 months late in July, 2008. Tore a hole in (1) couch when bringing in to the room. Since then, they have moved..."
- "This is how my pillow looked after just six months......I washed it after 3 weeks and the case never came clean....The fillings started to unravel inside....I felt it getting smaller..."
- "Hello John, Thank you for contacting Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. in Arcadia, WI. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your Ashley furniture. All warranties are..."
- "I paid almost $1000 for lifetime, in-home support for my two dogs. When I did research on Bark Busters, the main points that encouraged me to go with them was..."
- "Installed this in multiple bathrooms at the same time, after the first installation of the seals didn't take, tested multiple sealants on untouched seam and sanded seam areas and still..."
- "I agreed to a subscription of $51 a month for my internet at AT&T. It's been less than a year and they raised my subscription 4 TIMES. Now it's $103..."
- "Bad water? DON"T BUY from AZTEC located in Saskatchewan Product is garbage, Service and Management is even worse! Takes months to get a service man and Hidden fees for Mileage..."
- "Hi i placed a order at 6:00pm today on December 2nd and the rep told me it will be about 20-30 minute wait for my order,i went to Dominos pizza..."
- "This driver was sitting in traffic blocking the road for 20 minutes talking on his cell phone. I stopped because i use this company and thought the truck was disabled..."