Acacia Energy Is A Complete Scam...BEWARE!!!!!

35 of 35 Acacia Energy reviews

I HAVE PAID OVER $200 IN LESS THAN 1 MONTH FOR ENERGY IN A 600 SQUARE FOOT ONE BEDROOM APARTMENT!!!!!ACACIA claims that they offer online and telephone payment options, but if you are trying to pay with a credit or debit card that is different from the one that they used for the initial payment, it is impossible...If you try to call after 4pm central (which is an insane closing time for a utility company) you will find that the offices are closed, placed on an infini - hold for a non-existent automated payment system...Even if you are lucky enough to find that your lights are off during normal business hours, it takes about 30 minutes to speak to a live customer service agent, so I would advise to use a LAN line - not roaming or in a bad reception area.

If you happen to make it through that ordeal, I DO NOT SUGGEST to ask to speak to a supervisor b/c you will be inifinitely transfered throughout the company and then hung up on by the last person...THIS SERVICE IS A SCAM AND I DO NOT REFER ANYONE TO ACACIA ENERGY!!!!!!!!I HAVE NEVER HAD MY LIGHTS OFF IN MY ENTIRE LIFE AND SINCE I'VE BEEN WITH ACACIA ENERGY, I HAVE HAD 3 DISCONNECTIONS IN LESS THAN 1 MONTH!!!!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 20 Yes 20
35 of 35 Acacia Energy reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
upset customer

Jul 28, 2012 #520694

I paid $35 yesterday to get my lights back on & today I only have $4 left I dnt understand how this could be :upset

Jul 18, 2012 #515214

PLEASE TO ALL WHO READ THIS TAKE ACTION LIKE I AM DOING AT THIS TIME!!!!!!
www.puc.state.tx.us 512-936-7120
THIS IS THE PUBLIC UTILITY COMMISSION FOR ELEC
PLEASE EMAIL THIS WEBSITE WITH ALL COMPLAINTS FOR THE COMPANY AND COMPLAINTS WILL BE FILED TO THE FULLEST. I AM SO FED UP WITH THIS COMPANY I AM WILLING TO DO WHAT IT TAKES FOR THEM TO CATCH THE HINT THAT THEY ARE SCAMMING US OUT OF ALL WE GOT. I WILL PROVIDE AN ADDRESS FOR THE ONES WHO DONT HAVE INTERNET ACCESS: 1701 N. Congress Avenue PO Box 13326 Austin, Tx 78711-3326
I HAVE BEEN INFORMED BY NUMEROUS OF PEOPLE TO GO WITH DIRECT TO GO. GREAT KWH AND NO HASSLE OR DISRESPECT. ACACIA DONT EVEN APOLOGIZE FOR THE ISSUES WE SUFFER FROM WITH THEM. SO PLEASE WHEN YOU SEE THIS DO IT PROMPTLY THE MORE THE BETTER PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

TOHELLWITHACACIA

Jul 16, 2012 #514117

I am so sorry to hear that so many people have been t aken by these scam artists. I wound up spending something south of $400 dollars in one month while I was with them...bear in mind it was a one bedroom apt. I have since switched toTXU where I've only paid$89 this month (whew!!!)...I will continue to spread the word about this God-awful "energy" company

Jul 16, 2012 #513925

R u serious!!! After writting what I just wrote I had another problem with them. I had paid them 43.00 this morning at 9:45am to turn my service back on. Which they did bt what they didnt say was they were taking that money and putting it on the def amount and then shutting my lights off again for being negitive. So what happen another 51.00 to get them back on at 3:30pm, so if you are following me this is 94.00 in less than some hours between one another. Informed agent I was not satisfied and they should take a look at all these comments being said bout their company. This is why I say STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. They are just like gold diggers.(just want you for all you got.)I am so tired of this company and how they are doing us as paying customers. I told them they were scams and that they dont deserve me as one of their customers.Please protect yourself before getting caught up in this like I have done.

Jul 16, 2012 #513875

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN ELEC COMP PLEASE RUN,RUN,RUN FAR AWAY FROM HERE THEY ARE SCAMS AND MONEY THIEFS!!! Acacia takes your money! They are scam artists too. They charged me 315.00 last month and 90.00 for 1 week and 43.00 on sat so far this month. Dont turn lights on over wknds and they close at 4pm on the wkdays. Makes no scence I know. I regret nt looking on goggle prior to going with them if I did I would of saved a headache.It takes 20-30 min to speak with c/s then 10 seconds for them to disrespect and be rude then hang up on you. Never a mngr avail got to be called bk then when you call in to speak about your acct you pay 2.50 a call to speak with c/s. They money comes out your positive money on acct. Dont never get a def payment agreement with them cause you have to get the ok to pay off the def in full and get approved to leave them too. (just like a gang crazy and dumb) If your lights go off they charge you 10.00 on g/p then you have to have a positive amount of 25.00 or more to get them bk on. You have to keep your acct over 10.00 or they will shut it off if it gets to 9.99 they shut them off and charges you with all the extra money. I would have a positive 8.00-9.00 left on the acct they will diconnect it then insist I pay an arm and leg to get my lights back on. It is suppost to be pay as you go prepaid and I dont see this at all with them.Thats is how they get over on you so before they get you we have to get them. I have been with them for quite some time... Show more

THE ANGRY LADY

Jul 12, 2012 #511608

"LOL... THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY DAY!!!!!" :grin DO YOU GUYS REALIZE THAT I THOUGHT THAT I WAS THE ONLY ONE GOING THROUGH THIS ACACIA BS. I LIVE IN HOUSTON, TX AND NOW REALIZE... THAT THE COMPANY...COMMUNICATION,AWARENESS,AND CSR (some) JUST SUCKS IN GENERAL. SMH with a smile!!!! MY LIGHT BULB IS ON AND THE HAIR PULLING IS OVER!!! :( :upset :( :(

Jul 09, 2012 #509700

Switched to Direct Energy pay as you go. No reconnect fee, minimum balance 0.00, daily text messages w/ current balance, customer service open til 8pm, online, cash and phone payments.

My referral code is: 526760

Joi

Jul 07, 2012 #508628

So I waited on Acacia Energy to open today at 11. I called at 10:55am bc that is the secret to getting through in less than 15 minutes. Unfortunately, I had to call three times in order to get the issue resolved.
CSR 1: told me that I had been reconnected yesterday around 3:30pm. That was a lie, I was disconnected yesterday at 3:30pm. He insisted I check the circuit breakers. So I drove home to check the breakers. No lights.
CSR 2: told me there was nothing he could do! It is a weekend and they cannot send Oncor out on weekends. Besides, it takes 24 to 48 hours for a reconnection to go through. Due to this being my THIRD TIME BEING DISCONNECTED/RECONNECTED, I KNEW HE WAS LYING. I asked him to transfer me to a supervisor but decided it was best to not have another person corroborate his BS story. I hung up.
CSR 3: Was very polite and concerned. I asked that he verify that a reconnect had been ordered. I didn't mention the previous CSRs comments about Oncor not working on weekends and he offered to call Oncor to see why I had no power. Oncor asked that he find out what my metor said first. After finally figuring out which metor was mine, I saw OPN on my metor while the others said CLR. Once that was communicated to Oncor my lights were on in minutes.
I thank Julian (CSR 3) for his help; however, I will be changing companies on Monday. Can't we sue or something? Its 100 degrees outside and this company is playing games with my electricity.
... Show more

Jul 07, 2012 #508623

... Show more

Jul 06, 2012 #508386

Im in Dallas, not California!!

Jul 06, 2012 #508385

This company is like enron. They keep extorting money out of you and eventually you are still cut off. Is it legal to not issue a disconnect notice? My lights have been turned off 3 times in a week. And Acacia customers pay a 5.00 reconnect fee while all the Apollo customers pay a grandfathered 10.00 reconnect fee. Today was a little different from the other two times. Today I paid 40.00 then another 20.00 and as of 9:30pm, my lights are still off. My 2 year old and I almost stayed at a hotel tonight. My lights went off as I was watching tv at about 4pm. Customer Service is closed until tomorrow. I think this deserves media attention!! Lovepeacenjoi@gmail

ejones@schugartandspice.com

Jul 05, 2012 #507620

I have been a customer here for a while now. Like any other company, they require a deposit in some cases. Acacia Energy took over the Apollo customers and did not buy out Apollo, as a favor to keep the Apollo customers from going to the POLAR rates. They are a seperate company and do not have access to Apollo payments or funds. It sounds to me like some people like to complain more that pay their electric bills. Get eduacted.

Chris Guy - chriscfive@sbcglob

Jul 05, 2012 #507412

The Same Has Begun To Happen To Me. Even When I Have Paid Apollo In Advance. My Power Was Still Cut Off And I Was Forced To Pay Reconnect Fee. Now Having To pay Again. :sigh

UNHAPPY PERSON

Jun 26, 2012 #502506

Acacia Energy is a scam. If there is ANY other company you can find...CHOOSE THE OTHER GUYS. If I knew then what I know now...I NEVER would have gone with them. But we live and learn. Even after the VP of Operations stepped in and tried to resovle my issue, he still was just like all the rest. Wouldn't step up to the plate and take responsiblity that they were wrong. But he tried to scam me as well and hid behind emails and would never verbally speak to me. Such a ***. Take my advice DON'T USE ACACIA ENERGY!!!!

ReallyBADcompany

Jun 26, 2012 #502260

I too was an Apollo customer. Never disconnected. I won't even go into the terrible service in a month with Acacia. I was disconnected when there was still a credit, did not get notices like with Apollo and their wording does NOT make sense when you call to check your acct balance...BEWARE!! Do NOT stay with them if you had to be switched. I highly recommend Green Mountain. Good Luck. Oh, I just requested my refund for the balance I have. I will post again if I don't get it within 10 days as they've said I would.

curious

Jun 26, 2012 #502159

thanks for the heads up, but i refuse to pay another deposit with them, we are not even going to get the original deposit back. I swithed to ambit so far so good.....

curious

Jun 26, 2012 #502156

I want to know if they are taking over apollo power and lights why are we having to pay another deposit

GodSeeYou

Jun 14, 2012 #495896

I total agree. Acacia energy is a scam. I was contacted by them on June11,2012. They told me that their company was taken over Apollo power and light, there for I would need to pay a $200.00 dollar deposit. A day or so I received a letter from acacia energy with a total different account number and the letter informed me in BIG GREEN letters that it was a disconnect notice if I did not pay a $300.00 dollars. Although I was asked to pay a $200.00 deposit over the phone.

SickofAcacia

Jan 14, 2013 #593423 Waco, Texas, United States

This company drains me week after week. They are forever disconnecting me when I have a positive balance. Then charging me all sorts of reconnect fees. Then they charge .71 cents a day for "fees"..almost $30/mo then will randomly charges you taxes whenever they feel like. They dont warn you or do it on a specific day they just take it out whenever and leave you with a neg balance so of course you're disconnected and charged more fees!! I have to pay $2 for the absolute worst customer service!! My bill will go from $2.50 one day to $7 the next for a one bedroom no washer/ dryer nothing like that...thieves plain n simple!!! :(

ScammedByAcacia

Jan 14, 2013 #593425 Waco, Texas, United States

My bill will be like $1.25 one day then jump up to $6 the next and Im rarely ever home . At one time they were charging me almost $15/day for a tiny apartment that is heated by gas!! I filed a complaint with the PUC and BBB I encourage everyone to do the same! Also beware in Texas it is illegal to disconnect when it is extremely hot or cold but they do! Report it to PUC if they do this, they take complaints very seriously.

1-20 of 47 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.