Round Rock, Texas
Resolved

My mother has been putting money away for a new television for almost a year now.She is finally ready to purchase and asked me for some assistance.

I found her the LG 55EF9500 and searched Google shopping for the best price. Abe's of Maine came up (image attached) with a price of $2329 with no tax and free shipping. This television sells for $2999 in most all big box retailers and she just couldn't afford that much. She was however willing to stretch her budget a little to accommodate the $2329 price.

Having dealt with them many years ago I advised my Mom that this is a good company and to go ahead and make the purchase. She did. Boy was that a mistake. The next day she received a call, first asking her to purchase extended warranty plans, and when she declined, telling her that she would have to pay $289 for the shipping.

She questioned this and was then told that it's to cover the insurance on the shipment. She texted me what was going on and I told her not to pay them anything more than she already had. Their website specifically stated free shipping in not one but two places (once on the product page itself and another when you are checking out). The man who called her (Jeff Stevens x272) was rude to her and she got off the phone and asked me to step in.

I called Jeff and asked what was going on. He fed me the same line about paying for the insurance of the shipment. I responded by saying you cannot state free shipping in multiple places on your website and then call and basically say "Ha Ha, just kidding, pay us another $289 or you don't get the product".

He started yelling at me (bear in mind I did not speak to him in an agitated voice in any way) saying I shouldn't bother ever calling them again until I "learned how to speak to people".I told him to cancel the order and hung up.

Review about: Lg 55Ef9500.

I didn't like: Sales, False advertising.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Deliver the television to my mother in flawless condition and reduce the price $200 as multiple competitors has listed for this lower price. $2119 should be the total and would go a long way to an apology for the hassle and disappointment caused

Had an Experience with Abes Of Maine?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.