AAA Texas abandons Texan - Literally
In short, AAA Texas customers need to understand that they are actually part of AAA Southern California, and are treated as such via their customer service responsiveness. In short, my particular issue is that clear damage was done to my vehicle's rack and pinion mechanism when being towed for a transmission issue at 10PM on September 4, 2013. Despite pictures of the location of the tow where no fluids were leaked-out, and a statement from the garage where the leaked was clear all over the spot where the car was dropped the night before, AAA Texas has been unsupportive and has ignored my now five calls asking for support. Nice people (Myra, Celeste, and Cynthia come to mind), but very poor follow-through from their company (their California company). The issue of California is that it is two hours behind us, and customer service issue for roadside issue is handled ONLY out of this location.
I did reach out to the tow truck company (Armada Towing....also a California company with a location only in San Antonio), and their representative refused to look at the location of the towing source (a short mile and 1/2 away), and instead spent his time explaining how his driver could not have caused the damage. However, when asked, he could not explain why is was not leaking before the tow, yet was at the spot he dropped it at the night before. When asked if he thought someone had crawled underneath the car in the middle of the night and exerted super human strength pulling down the rack and pinion sufficiently to dislocate the fluid connection, he simply shrugged his shoulders.
By the way, the repair work on my car for this damage is estimated at $1,100, and is on top of a bill I am responsible for, for a reman transmission of $3,600. AAA Texas (aka California) is aware of this inordinate expense and has failed to call me back even once after my five phone calls, and is aware that the car is still sitting in the garage, unrepaired, and unusable by my family. AAA Texas cares only for their pockets, and their towing contractors, and clearly not in getting my family back on the road.
So, with due respect to the employees I spoke with, this company's lack of support for my needs speak loudly of their loyalty to their tow truck operators first, and me, as a six year loyal customer, somewhere south of this on their priority list.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Aaa Roadside Service
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "My generator’s engine self destructed in less than one day’s operation on a light load.I took it to a B&S dealer for warrantee repair and after a cursory inspection was..."
- "Wael Mohamed Abuzaid mug shot aka Tony Abuzid (sic) â€" Is this Abuzaid brother a â€œmechanic you can trustâ€? Wael Mohamed Abuzaid mug shot aka Tony Abuzid (sic) â€" Is this..."
- "On November 4, 2012 while driving down the road, my engine stopped running and my 2008 Nissan Versa. My engine was on fire and burned the engine compartment completely. My..."
- "I placed an order with OFFICEDESIGNS.COM (OFFICE DESIGNS) on Saturday May 4th, 2013 for two Humanscale desks after following a link to their website for low prices on the product...."
- "My ceiling is molding with holes has been for 8 months and Timbermill apartment is not fixing it and i am on oxygen and it is making it hard to..."
- "I purchased a vehicle from DriveTime in February 2011. I didn't have good credit to go to a real dealership. I saw on the DriveTime website they financed anybody and..."
- "Bad water? DON"T BUY from AZTEC located in Saskatchewan Product is garbage, Service and Management is even worse! Takes months to get a service man and Hidden fees for Mileage..."
- "I purchased a Marketside organic spring mix salad from Walmart. It was in a clear hard plastic container. It says on the package washed and ready to eat. I opened..."
- "These outfitters should be shut down due to unsafe practices and placing the public at risk. There place of business is in shambles, failing practically every code, they don't require..."