AAA Texas abandons Texan - Literally
In short, AAA Texas customers need to understand that they are actually part of AAA Southern California, and are treated as such via their customer service responsiveness. In short, my particular issue is that clear damage was done to my vehicle's rack and pinion mechanism when being towed for a transmission issue at 10PM on September 4, 2013. Despite pictures of the location of the tow where no fluids were leaked-out, and a statement from the garage where the leaked was clear all over the spot where the car was dropped the night before, AAA Texas has been unsupportive and has ignored my now five calls asking for support. Nice people (Myra, Celeste, and Cynthia come to mind), but very poor follow-through from their company (their California company). The issue of California is that it is two hours behind us, and customer service issue for roadside issue is handled ONLY out of this location.
I did reach out to the tow truck company (Armada Towing....also a California company with a location only in San Antonio), and their representative refused to look at the location of the towing source (a short mile and 1/2 away), and instead spent his time explaining how his driver could not have caused the damage. However, when asked, he could not explain why is was not leaking before the tow, yet was at the spot he dropped it at the night before. When asked if he thought someone had crawled underneath the car in the middle of the night and exerted super human strength pulling down the rack and pinion sufficiently to dislocate the fluid connection, he simply shrugged his shoulders.
By the way, the repair work on my car for this damage is estimated at $1,100, and is on top of a bill I am responsible for, for a reman transmission of $3,600. AAA Texas (aka California) is aware of this inordinate expense and has failed to call me back even once after my five phone calls, and is aware that the car is still sitting in the garage, unrepaired, and unusable by my family. AAA Texas cares only for their pockets, and their towing contractors, and clearly not in getting my family back on the road.
So, with due respect to the employees I spoke with, this company's lack of support for my needs speak loudly of their loyalty to their tow truck operators first, and me, as a six year loyal customer, somewhere south of this on their priority list.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Aaa Roadside Service
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "The "repair" they made did not hold up.This is the 2nd time it has almost killed us. Waiting on a reply from legal counsel at Ford. It is definitely totaled..."
- "We took our 2012 Outback to Camping World in Katy TX to have an additional AC installed. Having just one AC didn't cut it. We dropped of our travel traler..."
- "I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata with a factory paint job that is defective primarily the hood. The prep to make the paint stick to the hood was not properly..."
- "why my order to late to arrive ? it should arrive at my home at 12 January , i already call Lazada and Lazada already promise that my order will..."
- "My Fitbit Charge literally fell apart! My daughter bout it for me for my birthday mid 2015. I'm sure she thought I would have it for many years but a..."
- "Moss and Company abuses little old lady's and disabled people. Moss and company sues little old lady for reviewing her experience on yelp. The harassment Moss and Company and James..."
- "This man claims to have went to harvard when in fact he has not. He only has a master's certificate. He has never stepped one foot in hardvard. He claims..."
- "I personally packed and returned a replacement phone back to AT&T. Now, I am getting charged $600 for a phone that I shipped back. How does a phone get extracted..."
- "We have a 2014, 90,000 Dutchmen Voltage that has mold, mildew, and termites due to the numerous water leak issues. We have 25 service records. Dutchmen does not return..."