AAA Overhead Door - Discriminated against for being a renter & not the home owner
My garage door was having a security issue of opening up again after it closed. It was installed by AAA Atlantic Overhead Door (241-9933) less than 6 months ago. I left in my car on 1-5-14 and thought the garage door closed, but it didn't. It opened back up and was wide-open for my bike to be stolen or a criminal to enter the house where my son was asleep!
When I returned home, I was upset to discover the door had not closed & I immediately disconnected the wires to the photo-eye sensors so that garage door would not re-open unintentionally and called AAA Atlantic Overhead Door for maintenance. After calling on 1-6-14 and then waiting all day 1-7-14, someone finally arrived about 6:00pm. The employee was rude and unprofessional to me and acted like the garage door problem was MY fault! He was angry that I touched the photo-eye sensor wires. I explained that I already had a $200 bike stolen & didn't want someone to break into our house due to the defective opener. It took him less than 10 minutes to fix the problem. . .and then charged $90 for the service call! I don't like the way I was treated with disrespect. I pay alot of money each month to live at the beach. He knew I was not the owner, but a renter and treated me like a second class citizen.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Garage Door Installation
- Review category
- Home Security
You May Also Like
- "All Arlo-NetGear cameras have an issue with the amount of milliamps "NEEDED" to keep them operating for the amount of time the company specifies them to. The cameras will..."
- "Bought through Costco, $1400 on 9/25/14..... always some issue, rebooting all the time... Well, last Saturday 12/3/16, the NVR was making a grinding noise. I removed the cover and turned..."
- "I cannot believe how awful Monitronics is and how much of my time I have had to spend either a: waiting for service (missing days of work to be home..."
- "I took two hours to calm down before making this complaint so that it would be legitimate and not out of anger but rather concern. I'm a busy person so..."
- "Someone stole my credit card information and made two purchases. The genius purchased the items using my address and attempted to drop ship them to his address but was too..."
- "This JD Byriders company and CNAC is a rip off. I got my car from them August 2016. Went there and see if I get approved. So filled up an..."