A Pass Educational Group - A Pass Education: False advertising and bad contracts.
Upon receiving an independent contractor contract from A Pass Education, it did not have any mention of the offered rate of $30/hour. Upon emailing and asking, I was informed that there is no hourly rate; in fact, the rate is only per project. Negotiations on what that per project rate is were refused and I was not even given an example of a typical project rate. Adding the independent contractor's agreed upon rate, for which typical duties, and for how long to what they call a "general" contract was refused.
This company is an unfortunate example of how independent contractors (ICs) are taken advantage of. ICs should be warned that this company refuses to negotiate and sign a typical IC contract. Rates for work, duties, and duration should always be included explicitly in any honest IC contract.
This company, A Pass Education Group, has many, many complaints against them posted online from ICs who didn't know they should negotiate this necessary info into their contracts. They write that they were roped in by the high hourly rate offered and now are under contract that pays them less than minimum wage per hour when all the work and hours are tabulated for 1 project.
Never sign any IC contract unless a rate is negotiated commensurate with the amount of work entailed and is detailed in the contract. Their $30/hour rate often listed is false advertising.
Lastly, what A Pass Education is calling a "general" contract includes a Non-Compete clause lasting 2 years after terminating any contract with A Pass. Which is not only illegal, but also is tax fraud. Since ICs pay their own Self-Employment taxes and are considered small business owners, it's tax fraud to prevent any IC from obtaining similar or the same work with any competitor, even when under contract with any given client. ICs should be warned not to sign any contract that restricts their own small business and that no client legally can restrict them from seeking and gaining similar clients at any given time.
I'm only aware of all this info because I've been an IC for a while, off and on, and have learned the hard way. I also only applied to their ad because the rate offered was so promising.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- That they falsely advertised an hourly rate for a contract
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Product or service
- A Pass Educational Group Job Openings
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "COSS is a fake agency and money suckers who are establishing after their crisis in Singapore. There are COSS offices in India, Si Lanka, Malaysia. Ms. Zahra Lalani is in..."
- "During my BCNH diploma in Nutritional Therapy I dropped out, because I felt deceived by BCNH, due to concerns related to: 1) lack of transparency, 2) inadequate teaching methodologies, expertise..."
- "I first found this company in 2012 and signed up for two courses Biblical Hebrew A and Aramaic. I had read theology 40 years previously and wanted to revise..."
- "I have a weathered deck that is still structurally sound, exactly what this product is advertised for. Hired a professional painter to installed Behr Textured Deckover last fall. ..."
- " A week after purchasing a bed frame from the pit (clearance and discontinued items) the side of the bed gave out, at the time I had two other friends..."
- "Hi, my name is Aziz. I'm calling almost 1 months, but no one call me back. I'm try to cancel my bill. I don't want pay anymore. Can you help..."
- "I was notified that I had won the Birds & Blooms Great Backyard Giveaway contest. I was in formed that I had won (one) HOLIDAY BELL™ with Hummingbird Wind Catcher..."
- "Purchased home in 2015 - Lawn was extremely bad. After repeated promises to fix it - 18 months later it was a partial repair and they would not pay the..."
- "What an utter bowel movement of a company. My refrigerator (Whirlpool Refrigerator Model WRX735SDBM02) is brand new and already the surface of the control panel is flaking and peeling away...."