A Pass Educational Group - A Pass Education: False advertising and bad contracts.
Upon receiving an independent contractor contract from A Pass Education, it did not have any mention of the offered rate of $30/hour. Upon emailing and asking, I was informed that there is no hourly rate; in fact, the rate is only per project. Negotiations on what that per project rate is were refused and I was not even given an example of a typical project rate. Adding the independent contractor's agreed upon rate, for which typical duties, and for how long to what they call a "general" contract was refused.
This company is an unfortunate example of how independent contractors (ICs) are taken advantage of. ICs should be warned that this company refuses to negotiate and sign a typical IC contract. Rates for work, duties, and duration should always be included explicitly in any honest IC contract.
This company, A Pass Education Group, has many, many complaints against them posted online from ICs who didn't know they should negotiate this necessary info into their contracts. They write that they were roped in by the high hourly rate offered and now are under contract that pays them less than minimum wage per hour when all the work and hours are tabulated for 1 project.
Never sign any IC contract unless a rate is negotiated commensurate with the amount of work entailed and is detailed in the contract. Their $30/hour rate often listed is false advertising.
Lastly, what A Pass Education is calling a "general" contract includes a Non-Compete clause lasting 2 years after terminating any contract with A Pass. Which is not only illegal, but also is tax fraud. Since ICs pay their own Self-Employment taxes and are considered small business owners, it's tax fraud to prevent any IC from obtaining similar or the same work with any competitor, even when under contract with any given client. ICs should be warned not to sign any contract that restricts their own small business and that no client legally can restrict them from seeking and gaining similar clients at any given time.
I'm only aware of all this info because I've been an IC for a while, off and on, and have learned the hard way. I also only applied to their ad because the rate offered was so promising.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- That they falsely advertised an hourly rate for a contract
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Product or service
- A Pass Educational Group Job Openings
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
Currently PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "I have attended many internet marketing seminars and previews over the years. This time I attended Brett McFall seminar preview while I was in Melbourne. To be frank, it is..."
- "I would like to complain the fraud institution STEi and COSS. STEi in a Singapore college which is providing 3 months studies and 6 months internship. The Principal marketing agent..."
- "I RECENTLY WAS DROPED FROM MY LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE DUE THAT MY HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA WAS NOT RECONIZED AND IT WAS NOT VALID, IAM VERY UPSET WITH STRATFORD CAREER INSTITUTE..."
- "Ordered a ugly Xmas sweater on December 14. By Christmas I emailed to try to cancel the order since it clearly wasn't going to arrive before Xmas and was told..."
- "Zazzle - you can take the order, promise the due date of the order BUT - you don't do what you say you will do and to make matters worse..."
- "Well I took my shih tzu in for his haircut came back to get him wasn't great but didn't care I took him to a petsmart so I didn't expect..."
- "When my husband and I decided to remodel our bathroom we thought we'd check out our local Home Depot and Lowe's. We didn't see anything that caught our eye at..."
- "I actually like the product itself but the packaging is horrific! 7 times now the top of the bottle has just fallen off, as if sheared by a knife,..."
- "I was contacted back from a post on oodle marketplace that I had inquired on by a lady named Natalie Wilson who had 2 teacup Yorkey Terriers named Kiki and..."