In Sept. 2015, I was shopping at Willowbrook Mall in Wayne NJ. I spotted the 3D Innovations kiosk and decided to stop. The young lady (Karen) who greeted me was enthusiastic about the products and rightly so, they're beautiful - clear plastic cubes and various other shapes that display a photo (a hologram) inside of it. I bought one for my first granddaughter and had to do layaway as I didn't have the $150 + tax. I made a $50 payment. The layaway expiration date was 12/23/15. She stated I have until that date to pay in full.
After that, I couldn't go back to make a payment as I had a lot of car repairs and other financial obligations. I made it on 12/11/15. One of the young ladies there made a comment about it being a long time since I had been there so she referred me to a young man there. I paid him another $50. The young man apologized and said it looked like it hadn't been sent out to be made yet and that he would make sure it gets submitted as the expiration is close. He told me to come back the following week.
I went back on 12/18/15 to pay it off and pick it up. They couldn't find it. Karen (the one who took my order in Sept) was there and commented on the fact it was purchased so long ago. Why did they keep commenting on how long it has been when the layaway hadn't expired?
To take $100 of my money and not submit the order is so beyond my comprehension. The young man asked me to resend the picture (what if I didn't have it?) and they would send it out for sure this time then come back on Tues, 12/22, to pickup and pay the last $50. It seemed I was being penalized for having let some time go by (not on purpose) before coming back even though it was not past the expiration.
If time is an issue, then don't make the expiration date too far in advance. This is, by far, one of the worse experiences I've had esp. with such a high-priced item! Karen wasn't apologetic at all, was dismissive and impatient with me, which was surprising being she was so pleasant when I initially made the purchase. Be careful where you decide to invest time and money because that beautiful item may not be worth the headache.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Product or service
- 3-D Innovation Chrystals
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "On 9/2/12 11:38am, I bought a queen Aerobed at Target, Ca for $216.00. When I opened it later that day for my guests to use, we found it covered with..."
- "The stucco is falling off our house and cracking, nails appear through the stucco. Lennar completed their destructive testing and caused even more unsightly stucco issues. The HVAC..."
- "I called your corporate office and that was a joke. You can reach no one . I called for your legal department and no one knew of one. Your..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."
- "I did not have a choice when I bought my house 8 years ago as to who supplied my propane. But from the start it's been a horrible experience dealing..."
- "These types of operations routinely make unsubstantiated demands. They don't even know if it's the right person or if they even owe money. This office is connected to..."
- "Iherb.com very beautiful store. I love him.Products were true to descriptions and pictures. Shipping was quick, taking a total of 4 business days to receive without extra shipping costs (for..."
- "I ordered 2 side kick glass top bunching tables from Ethan Allen based on a white wood sample board that the decorator showed me in the showroom. The store did..."
- "Update... About 4 hours after I sent an email expressing my disgust to the company AND after leaving this posting, I received a call from the vendor (Sam - Samantha)..."