Chicago, Illinois
100% full Not resolved

I purchased a pair of Oakley Chamfer 2 eyeglass frames for $107.35 and sent them to 39dollarglasses.com to have lenses fitted and installed. I placed the lens order for $54.90 and mailed them in USPS Priority Mail. I called 6 days later to check on the status and the representative said he they never received them. I checked the tracking and it was confirmed that they were received. The representative proceeded to look for them and finally they were located. This leads me to believe if I hadn't called to follow-up they would have never been processed.

I finally received the glasses back and inspected them upon arrival. I found three separate cracks in the upper right portion of the frames. This was from incorrect measurement and fitting of the lenses, causing the structural integrity to be compromised and crack.

I called 39dollarglasses.com on March 16, 2016 to inform them of the situation. The initial representative, Venessa, explained to me that nothing could be done other then sending the lenses back and fitting them on one of there cheap frames. This would essentially leave me with a broken pair of Oakley frames that I spent over $100 on. She then explained that this was company policy and they weren't responsible for frames that they damaged. I asked to speak with a manager and David came on the phone. He basically gave me the same unreasonable answer with no resolve.

The business model this company has in place is unethical and simply should be illegal. You wouldn't bring your vehicle into a mechanic to have upgrades put on it only to have it returned in a damaged condition. The mechanic would be responsible for the damage as should this 39dollarglasses.com for the frames they broke.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! READ THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS ONLINE.

Review about: Oakley Chamfer Eyeglasses.

I didn't like: Quality of service and product.

Review #820179 is a subjective opinion of a user.

1.6
Insurance Plans Acceptance
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $107
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with 39dollarglasses?

Submit review

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.