Community America Credit Union CACU is suing me for insufficient fund charges for allegedy stolen checks that they admit I didn't write

CACU taking your money for nothing. CACU is suing me for unpaid insufficient fund charges for checks that were attempted to be cashed but there was not enough money in the account for the any of the checks to clear. CACU did not put out or lose any money. They denied payment but did charge my account four NSF fees of $35 each. I did not write the checks. I don't use checks. When I saw the NSF charges I contacted CACU to see how I could have those charges when I had not written any checks for at least a few years. I asked them if the checks had my signature on them? They supposedly looked up an image of the checks and said "Oh yes I can clearly see this is not your signature." I don't even know if these allegedy stolen checks exists as CACU will not send me the originals or even copies of them. CACU said that the checks are processed electronically using scanners that only scan the routing number and the account number on the check. That is why the incorrect name and signature was not noticed. I asked CACU if it only scans the routing and account number how did they know the amount of the check. CACU then retracted and said that it also scans the amount written on the check but did not scan the signature line. CACU admits that the signature on the allegedly stolen checks is not mine. It is not even my correct name. CACU admits they did not lose any money because they did not honor the check due to insufficient funds in the account to cover any one of the checks. But now CACU, acting just like any other "pen and paper terrorist" bank, is trying to get money for nothing by suing me for over $2500 for not paying them $140 in insufficient funds charges for checks that they admit to know I did not write. Yes, that's right. A non profit organization that claims how it is different than those "self-serving banks" motivated by greedy shareholders is behaving just like those for profit banks would. Don't believe their lies. They claim to be a "not for profit" institution. They state how they care about people and the community but their actions clearly speak louder than the false advertising on their commercials and website.
ID
Kansas City, Missouri
Product
Communityamerica Credit Union Account
Reason of review
Problems with payment

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article