STEALS FROM DISABLED MILITARY VETERAN

The original quote was $6,700 then it was doubled to $17,000 overnight. This was to paint a 1968 Carmen Gia. My brother and I dropped the car off January 2, 2009. Colvin originally quoted us for a paint job. As the project continued, we were told we needed to buy more new parts. We bought the parts, colvin lost the parts. We bought the parts again, colvin lost the parts again. We kept receiving invoices for more parts and labor. At this point in time, we've now paid $47,000 (plus parts) to have this car rebuilt and they are billing that $47,000 at $100/hr which equals 470 hours for a car that is still completely pulled apart. We are now being asked for another $1600 to replace more missing parts. As retired military, this was my life's dream. They've now had the car so long, almost 3 years, my health has deteriorated and it's questionable that I will ever drive this car. My entire life savings has been taken by Colvin and they refuse to complete the car or release it without more money paid. Emotionally, mentally we are exhausted and they now refuse to discuss it with either of us.

THE ABOVE COMPLAINT WAS NOT PLACED BY NEITHER MY BROTHER NOR MYSELF AND WE ARE SURE WE KNOW WHO DID. COLVIN AUTOMOTIVE IS DOING A GREAT JOB ON THE CAR AND YES THERE'S A LOT OF MONEY INVOLVED HOWEVER IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT RESTORATIONS , THEY ARE COSTLY , BESIDES , THIS CAR WILL BE ONE OF A KIND AND WORTH EVERY PENNY PAID INTO IT .

THE PART ABOUT THEM CONSTANTLY LOOSING PARTS IS SIMPLY NOT TOO TRUE , ONLY A COUPLE OF PARTS WERE LOST IN THE SHUFFLE AND THOSE WERE PROMPTLY REPLACEDBY COLVIN AUTOMOTIVE . WE ARE HAPPY TO HAVE THEM WORKING ON THIS CAR . I AM WRITING THIS BECAUSE MY BROTHER LITTLEJOHN IS NOT ABLE TO WORK A COMPUTER AND I SURE DIDN'T POST THIS BUNK , SO TO THOSE WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE , IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH EITHER MY BROTHER OR I , TAKE IT TO US , DON'T FLAME THOSE WE DO BUISNESS WITH .

TO COLVIN AUTOMOTIVE , PLEASE ACCEPT OUR APOLOGY IN THIS MATTER AND CONSIDER THIS A FORMAL RETRACTION , JACK D. DUTTON SO.AUSTIN , TEXAS 78704

ID
Englewood, Colorado

About

Summary

Colvin Automotive is a Jaguar repair center capable in all aspects of maintenance, repair, extended/aftermarket warranty service and customer support. ...

COLVIN AUTOMOTIVE reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article