Buyer Beware

Purchased a van in June 2017 for approx $19,000. This was paid for by my friend who is disabled and I picked it up. When I went to get the van I asked could I take it to my mechanic for a quick inspection. They said no, they (Colorado Fleet and Mobility) had checked it and the ramp/door worked. And it did work, providing you do not use the ramp for a power chair, which is the reason it was purchased. After spending over $1,000 trying to get it fixed, I was told by two different repair shops that the under floor support system was completely rusted out. It is unsafe to drive, and beyond repair. I advised the company and was told they were not responsible because it was sold "as is". I believe that this company was fully aware of the van condition, why else would they refuse to allow an outside inspection, at my expense. We have asked them to buy it back at half the purchas price and they refused. A company selling a specialized item for the disabled should be held to a higher standard than buying something from ebay. This is what they actually compared themselves to when they refused to help us in any way.
ID
Aurora, Colorado
Product
Buick Car
Cons
  • Being lied to and taken advantage of
Reason of review
Bad quality
Loss
$19000
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article