Excellent patient care

Dr. Clapp is a professional pain management provider. He does not hand out pills like candy nor to did anyone in his office at CCSI. He is a kind man and would not mistreat his patients. I have been a patient of Dr. Clapp's for several years now. He assisted me during my darkest days in dealing with the chronic pain. He treats the whole person, recommending and searching for therapies to assist in the management of life with chronic pain. His PA at CCSI, Mary Jane, was also very professional in her approach to treatment. They, along with Danny, became a comfort for me as we worked together to figure out how to get back to living. I would recommend Dr. Clapp to anyone who wishes to get back to living life and not just dealing with pain. It is up to the individual patient to take his advice and recommendations to heart and act on them. He nor can any doctor be successful if the patient isn't cooperative.
ID
#702032 Review #702032 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Aurora, Colorado
Reason of review
Excellent patient care

They won't see me because I had cancelled an appointment because I scratched my cornea and needed to see my Ophthalmologist instead

I would never recommend them in a million years!!! They are very rude and treated me like a felon!!! I saw Mary Jane, Dr. Clapp's nurse and she hands out pills like they are candy. I missed a new patient appointment with Dr. Clapp yesterday (my cornea was scratched and is VERY PAINFUL, I had to go see my Ophthalmologist! instead), they will not see me again because I had cancelled!!!!! Who acts like that? The office staff must be taking pain pills because they don't have their stuff together and don't know what the other hand is doing. Pitiful!!!

This person is correct. Dr.

Clapp is now with another clinic. I found him to be a strange and dangerous doctor who over prescribed potent pain meds because he is receiving thousands from the pharm companies to prescribe their drugs. It is easy to look up. His MA admitted to me that they have a contract with their laboratory and they allow them to bill our insurance companies 5 thousand dollars for a urine drug panel of which they take a cut.

They also billed my insurance company for procedures I did not have. The last time I was there he was so high on something I did not feel safe.

I never returned. Go see him and decide for yourself but take someone with you.

If she "hands out pills like candy", why did you take them? Sounds like you need help!

My first visit with Dr. Clapp was wonderful.

I am an RN and have very high standards for the doctors I see. He was kind, candid, and knowledgeable.

I can't imagine what could have happened to those with a negative experience.

I hope they find in a new doctor what I have found in Dr. Clapp...HOPE!

They lie to there patients

Sounds like you all are drug addicts. He is very straightforward about having to play by the rules you need pain medications.

They are shutting down pain docs left and right and you dirtbags are the ones that make it hard for real patients with real pain to get the care we need!!!

Dr. Clapp is the best, and that means he'll catch you if you are lying.

Get help.

I have a hunch there is more to this story than you are telling.

View more comments (5)
Centennial, Colorado

The devil

I had to be seen by the Colorado comprehensive Spine Institute in. Because I had a fractured vertebrae that needed to be replaced! After surgery I was placed in the care of dr. Jonathan clapp for my pain man agement! This doctor and his assistant Danny couldn't get anything right ! They gave me the most lowest dosage of pain medicine that a person could get, then when I asked to up the dosage on the medication I was told that I had a small simple surgery! It has now been six weeks since my surgery and I am still in Dyer pain! When I called to advise them of this they told me that they will no longer be prescribing me medicine because I was an addict! I do not recommend this company to anybody unless you want to be cut up and put in pain with no medicine !

Sounds like you got busted! Thanks for being the one that ruins it for the rest of us!

You had vertebrae replacement surgery? What the *** is that?

Try Googling that one...

If you're an addict you should see an addiction specialist, not trying to get more drugs from Dr.

Clapp. He obviously caught you and kicked you out.

I'm just wondering if this person sees the same Dr. Clapp that I do.

This doctor trusts me implicitly and I have not, nor would I, give him a reason to do otherwise. Danny is capable and caring. She has stayed late before to fight with the insurance companies. My average wait to get in is under 5 minutes.

I think so highly of Dr. Clapp and Danny that I referred my only daughter to him - and - she loves him and Danny to!

View more comments (2)
Kamuela, Hawaii

Colorado Comprehensive Spine Institute Jonathan N. Clapp

I was seen by Dr. Clapp at the Colorado spine institute. I have used drugs in my life and this doctor judge by my history.I have just received my 6 year cake. Dr. Clapp was kind enough to show me the tear bulging disk and fluid on my joints. Then told me even thought I have a valid medical reason for pain management he could not prescribe me medication. He told me it was a trust issue! Why would my drug use 6+ years ago. I would never recommend this Dr office to anyone. I hope this is helpful and no one else need to go through this humiliation.

Dr. Clapp didn't give me pain meds either.

PT and one injection was enough!

A recovering addict who wants to start taking what he was addicted to???

Why don't you try something besides drugs to help your back? You're really so eager to jump off the wagon after 6 years???

Shady

I'm sorry you had a bad experience - but the Dr. Clapp I see is anything but what you have said.

I referred my daughter who has a terminal illness and she is thrilled with him for the same reasons I am. He listens and helps and takes the time to call and make sure things are going as planned. I hope any person in need of a Pain Doc. uses Dr.

Clapp. They'll never regret it!

View more comments (2)
Denver, Colorado

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article