Going to Collision Revision was the worst thing I could have done

I went Collision Revision because they are "recommended repair facility" from my (former) auto insurance company. While doing the estimate for the insurance company, which seems like a conflict of interest to me, the manager from Collision Revision told me 4 times the insurance company gave them a number to stay under to get the job. (Also a conflick of interest.) After Collision Revision came up with their estimate the insurance company called my car totaled. Then Collision Revision negotiated with the insurance company and the insurance company approved the repaires. Now I have a vehicle I would never have purchased. They cut corners to do the job cheap. They fixed panels that should have been replaced and charged the insurance company for replaced panels. The paint is so bad you can scract it with your finger nail. It's been several months and I still cannot get the smell of tarnish out of my car. The warmer the wheather the worse the smell is. And the frame they "repaired" creeks when I turn corners. I've been asked by many, many mechanics why Collision Revision and the insurance company fixed that car. My best answer is greed. To add insult Collision Revision put about 150 miles on my car while they had it. I had the oil changed the day before the accident. When I picked up my car the odemeter had almost 200 miles more than the oil change reading. Not only that but I always have the back seats down flat and when I picked up my car the back seats where up and the drivers side head rest was adjusted for a much teller person. Someone made themselves comfortable in my car.

No collision revision in Wheeling .....Sure it was another shop and sure they didnt cut corners if they work with your insurance I can assure you your insurance reinspect the repairs on your car as it was being worked on. BECAUSE THAT IS HOW IT WORKS YOUR INSURANCE WILL NOT HAND OVER A PENNY TO ANY ONE UNLESS THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE PAYING FOR.

They probly put the seats up when they were cleaning after repairs and collision revision doesn't decide if a car gets totaled or not that's the insurance company. Collision re idiom doesn't want to work on one that close to being totaled be a use theirs always stuff that comes up after tearing the car down that you can't see from original estimate.

And the insurance company's also are the ones that decide if it gets new panels or I they get replaced or used panels. As far as putting 150 miles on it that's definetly ***.

They test drive cars to make sure they drive fine, sometimes they put a few miles on them if its a lot of damage. The creaking is probly worn out suspension not the frame, that's just ridiculous

Collision Revision does not have a location in Wheeling!

View more comments (2)
ID
Wheeling, Illinois

Collision Revision Bourbonnais

The best. First they towed my car showing up right when they said and drove me home from the accident to boot. Told me it would take a week to repair and when it took longer due to a part delay, they paid for the extra days on my rental. Had to work the day the car was done and couldn't get there before they closed so they towed my repaired car to my work and towed away the rental. The car was cleaner when I got it back then it had been in years and they left a cup holder full of mints. Really Really Top Drawer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ID
Washington, District Of Columbia
Loss

About

Summary

Collision Revision provides dependable and affordable auto repair services for car owners who need their damaged vehicles to be restored after accidents. The company has been in business for thirthy years. Not only it provides qualitative restoration services, but also makes them available even in the cases when clients are not ready financially to go through all expenses connected with the accident: the company offers 90 day same as cash deductible financing program, so you can have your car repaired today and pay for it in three months. With a stuff of high-skilled technicians who all are gifted craftsmen, Collision Revision provides life time warranty for all its repairs.

Collision Revision reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article