Issue with Reviews

I was thinking about going back to school for possibly vocational education and I wanted to do some research via college times, hoping I can find a college based on the reviews of current students. However, my visit to College Times was not a positive experience and I was appalled with the conduct of the people posting reviews. A majority of the reviews I read on the website sounded like they were written by either upset and/or disturbed students and did not give me an honest idea about the services and the campus life of the schools I have researched. I also had another issue with the negative use of language to describe students, especially the use of stereotypically derogatory language which was directed at female students. I have no problem with freedom of speech; however, I have a problem with people who abuse that right by posting malicious comments. Another problem I had with College Times was the high number of reviews which are not current and might not provide me an honest insight of the potential school I could be attending. There needs to be better moderation of outdated and bogus reviews to provide better input for potential and/or returning students.
#1904816

I wonder how the pandemic is going to impact the review sites since schools are switching to distance learning. Wouldn't it be fair to start fresh with current reviews?

ID
Service
College Times Review Listing
Reason of review
Bad quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article