The College Prep Center

I was contacted in mid November by the College Prep Center in La Mesa, CA (619)668-**** about SAT materials (CD disk) for my son to try (free 30 day trial) to help improve his SAT scores. I mentioned to the sales rep. that my son was scheduled to take the SAT exam on Dec. 1st and didn't think that it would benefit him since there was not a lot of time to prepare. She kept saying that that it was a free 30 day trial period and if he only got to prepare for a week there would be no money lost and could return it, while the small amount of time would help him. My thought was, what do I have to loose. I questioned her more than once about returning the disk within the 30 day period and she said it would be no problem and would be given a full refund as long as it didn't exceed the 30 days. We finally received the disk on Wednesday before his SAT exam (approx. 2 weeks later). My son used the software for the 3 days and then I called to get the return code to mail back. At that time I was told that since I had used the software it could not be returned and they were so ugly to me and very non-customer service oriented. I asked to speak with a Supervisor and was very rudly told that he would tell me the same thing---and they were correct. The Supervisor had no professional skills at all and DID say the same thing. He went as far to say, "When you buy software you can never return it because people copy the disks". A very true statement, but not my case so he falsely accused me. The "so called" Supervisor said he would listen to the tapes and if his sales person did say that my child could use the software and then return, he would credit my account. He did call back and of course said the tapes did not disclose that conversation. I then demanded to hear the tapes and he refused and then said I would have to dispute with my bank and the taped conversation could be release to the bank only. At that point I was so furious I advised the "so called" Supervisor that I would copy the disk and give a FREE copy to everyone that I knew for self satisfaction because I KNOW what his sales rep. had told me. Even if the fee would have only been $20.00 I would still be as pissed because of the false advertising and there is nothing that I can do about it. I went one step further and contacted my son's school of the situation and asked that they have no further dealings with this "*** Poor" company.
ID
Charlotte, North Carolina
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article