College hunk movers and Scarlett dornbrook to expensive rip offs

we were charged outrageously when the college hunks moved us earlier last year.. i seen the company on one of those shows and another lady from my son's school told me they were an easy company to do business with. not quite!!! this place is a complete joke on price and sure the guys are friendly but they are not really moving professionals. the owner is scarlett dornbrook and i know she doesn't care as long as the extremely high bill gets paid. we live in a bigger home and yes we have tons of stuff that was packed up and ready to move. the guys were surprised when they seen how much stuff we had but they didnt seem like it really mattered that much.they already knew about all of the stuff we had because they asked me about it before they even showed up. those are just common questions i'm sure, right?

Hello anonymous !

We apologize for the dissatisfaction and would love to rectify this situation for you. We do remain competitive in the area of pricing when it comes to the other local movingcompain the area.

Customer satisfaction is out number one goal. We would love to make this right with you. Maybe you have a. Red for junk or donation removal services we can assist with?

Or a future need for move or labor? Also, feel free to use Google Reviews to find actual customers that have used out services and you'll find that we have more (4.9) positive reviews than not. This review is in an odd location. Clients that use our services are sent a form to review on Listen360/Google.

This could be satire.

Let us know.

Best Regarded

Service
College Hunks Hauling Junk Moving Service
Reason of review
Poor customer service

College Hunks Work Experience Review from Houston, Texas

DO NOT HIRE COLLEGE HUNKS IN HOUSTON,TX!!!!I have worked for this company for 3 months because that's all o could take they cheated me on my paycheck as a college student that is just cruel they also rip customers off by calling it an "upsale" which is encouraged by the manager worst case I've seen is they charged a company $4000 for easily less than a $1000 dollar job they are crooks

These guys are not honest ethical or anything they promise...they did not show up ...they contacted..twice would be on time ! No customer support....horrible company...anyone be ware...you get Nothing promised...

They just lie more..Beware Beware Beware Beware Beware Beware Beware Beware Beware Beware Beware Beware

Houston, Texas
Reason of review
Problems with payment

Moving Deception

The service included a move from my prior residence to my current residence. The workers (Anthony and Connor) were assigned by their manager Casey to complete move. They were courteous and highly conversant. However, when it came to close of the move, they were highly deceptive. The contract was signed with an unofficial inspection done on my part as the company expects an "official walk-through". Not sure what that means when the employees are required to ask and in this case, they didn't. During the move they were advised several times to cover my box spring and mattress- only the mattress was covered. Even as reminded, Anthony showed dismay and frustration with the constant reminders. My box spring was completely destroyed with holes and covered up with my mattress in a way that the damages would not be humanly visible unless the mattress and other piece of furniture was physically moved. My coach was also destroyed underneath. They improperly put the coach back together (it's wobbling) and put holes in it with a destroyed electrical wire that's for the recliner. I have a bent up lamp and dented with other dented, scratched and scuffed pieces of furniture. Not only was their insurance agent uncooperative in resolving the issue in a professional manner (Amanda was condescending and rude), she wanted me to agree to ONLY a box spring replacement that was non-branded and incomparable to the box spring I had and also gave me a difficult time when I simply request the name of the company she was sending to my residence and receiving the box spring from. I provided pictures, called and emailed the entire company numerous times. Because they are a franchise, the corporate office could not assist me. Something needs to be done, please! It has to be illegal for a company to operate in such a manner.

They are cheats and thieves-stay away from them.

I have had to deal with with this corporate/franchise Owner ship before you will never ever get anywhere! All I can say is please DO NOT HIRE COLLEGE HUNKS THEY ARE CROOKS!

I am with the College Hunks Corporate Headquarters and we are working with this client for an amicable resolution. The Franchisee has been contacted and I have personally spoken with this client.

I believe we have resolved the issue satisfactorily on both sides. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction here at College Hunks and although we have the occasional incident, we always look for a quick and fair way to make all parties happy.

View more comments (2)
Edison, New Jersey
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article