Cheap display cases at inflated prices

I bought my husband an old 1939 comic book for Christmas and wanted a display case so it wouldn't get torn. I found Collector's Display Case Company in Nebraska (usadisplay.net) from an online search. They showed an acrylic case on their site that was described as "the nicest way to display your comics". The price was $42.69 including priority shipping. When I got the display case, I opened the box to discover a cheap plastic picture frame that I can buy anywhere for less than $6. To make matters worse, the frame was cracked along one edge. I sent an e-mail to their customer service dept. and their response was "we check all our items twice before they get shipped. Someone there must have broken it after you opened the package." When I complained about the poor quality told me I had to return it within 10 days of receipt and pay a 30% restocking fee. Since I couldn't see the point of paying $10 to return it to get a $15 refund, I decided I would make sure no one else ever gat taken by this HORRIBLE company. They DID change the wording on their website, now the cheapo $6 frame they sell for $25 is only descibed as a "nice" way to display a comic.

Dear Good Friend in Christ Jesus.Greetings of peace to you, I am Mrs. Stella Tricia Collins a devotedChristian and now ageing widow suffering from long time illness.

I havea blood cancer and right now I am admitted in a hospital here atAbidjan Cote D’ivoire. I have some inherited fund from my late lovinghusband late Mr Richard Collins The amount of US$5.500, 000.00 which hedeposited with Bank here and I need a good honest God fearing personwho can use these funds for God's work in charity.I want this fund to go for charity because I have no child to be theinheritor, 15% out of the total fund will be for your compensation fordoing this work of God.

I found your email address from the internetand decide to contact you. Please if you would be able to use thisfund for the glory of God kindly reply me.Your Sister In The Lord.Mrs.Stella Tricia CollinsEmail: mrs_stella_tricias03@***.com

@Mrs S

I smell a scam brewing...

View more comments (1)
ID
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Loss

About

Summary

Collectors Display Case is a company that manufactures crystal clear display cases made of plastic, acrylic, lucite, glass and wood, etc. Over ten thousand display cases from the company are available. They are items of such categories as Action Figures, Ammo Cartridges, Arrowheads, Badges, Barbie Dolls, Beanie Babies, Boats, Bottle Caps, Buttons, Casino Chips, Comic Book, Ladies Compact, Coin Displays, Medallions, Medallion Holder, Military Coin, Military Coin Holder, Medals, Medal Holder, Challenge Coins, Challenge Coin Holder, Police Coin, Police Coin Holder, Rotating Coin Displays, Patches, CuffLinks, Cups, Diecast, Toy Car, Model Train Display Case, Doll Display Case, Swords, Thimbles, Trains, Typewriter Tins, Watches and Wedding Items, etc. Collectors Display Case is based in Valley, NE.

Collectors Display Case reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article