Coleman Furniture - Horrible Company

Ordered a dining room set! Received the table and bench and two chairs 2 months after placing my order!

Did not receive the other 2 chairs! After another two months we finally received the other 2 chairs!

Customer service could care less! We were told Coleman’s sent them to us as fast as they could! Four months to get a complete set of furniture!

RIDICULOUS!!!!! Don’t order from Coleman’s unless you’re willing to wait 4 months to receive your furniture!

HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!!!

Review
#1403742 Review #1403742 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1403742.
Order processing issue

Coleman Furniture - Shipping ETA & Restocking Fee for Cancelling Due to Misinformation

If I could give them a zero star rating I would! When we ordered our hall server buffet piece during the checkout process it stated an ETA of 2 weeks.

Other suppliers stated 10-days, but we went with Coleman for their pricing and reputation. Unfortunately 2 weeks went by no communication. After almost 3 weeks we get a notification that its with our local delivery partner. Then we wait another few days for a call from them.

They are in Chino and we are in San Diego. They said the soonest they can deliver would be another 20 days from contact. So now my ETA of 2 weeks went to 40 days or almost 6 weeks. Spoke with Connie, account manager, and there was nothing they could do about the shipper that they subcontract, regardless what their website stated.

I had explained we needed this piece to finish off our décor for TG party we had upcoming. That is why we purchased it on 10/17 to allow plenty of time past the 2 weeks in case of delay. So even with this misinformation, they still want to charge me a restocking fee of 15% to cover their shipping. If you can’t honor an ETA, don’t publish it on the order form prior to checkout and completion of the sale.

Next time I will just go to Overstock.com or another online retailer that operates their business truthfully (may cost a bit more) and honors their customer relationships.

I will pass this on to the CC company to handle. Save your $$$ and time and google your piece and search for another retailer.

Cedarhurst, New York
Tags
  • Restockfee
  • Shippingdelay
Pros
Prices
Cons
Cust service, Shipping eta, Cancellation policy, Restock fee, Management
Poor customer service

Coleman Furniture - Unresolved issues

2.5

The company came to deliver my wall unit, left the fireplace out, said not "allowed" to install it. The fireplace has to be put in before completely installed, now I have to wait another week for them to return to finish the job.

Not satisfactory, you mess up, fix it, not in a week, same or next day!!

Another week? I paid for a complete job, not half done, very dissatisfied!!

Review
#1378832 Review #1378832 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1378832.

Coleman Furniture - Bad Customer Service

2.0

First of all, be aware that your furniture will not be delivered for at least 5 weeks. I ordered a dining room set on September 1st and I'm still waiting.

Delivery scheduled for October 9th. If you try to reschedule, it's another month to wait. If you want to return the item, there is a 20% restocking fee even though you haven't received the item yet. If you try to call their customer service, they transfer you several times, hang up on you then when you call back, transfer you to voicemail.

This company shouldn't be in business!

Their customer service is terrible. Their delivery time frame terrible!

I ordered a power recliner the middle of April wasn’t delivered until the end of may. The recliner stop working 2 weeks later.

I been waiting on a dame replacement part for 4 months now. Please don’t do business with this company.

I ordered a library in last week of April and they delivered iton the last week of September!

View more comments (1)
Cedarhurst, New York
Tags
  • Restocking Policy
Pros
Verity of products
Cons
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Full refund

Coleman Furniture - BEWARE!

I ordered a bedroom set in the beginning of June. The original delivery date was promised 8 weeks after ordering.

It’s now almost October and I’m being told another 4 weeks. The customer service has been lying to me 4 weeks at a time with no transparency to the actual status of my order. I’m convinced I will never receive this furniture. They charged my credit card and will not issue a refund.

This company is a scam. Do not order from them.

Coleman Furniture - 50 days and counting

It’s been 50 days since I ordered a sectional couch from Coleman with no delivery date in site. ZERO communication between Coleman and the local shipping Company.

First Coleman only shipped out 2/3s of couch. When the final piece had supposedly arrived at the shipping company it was damaged. Shipping company said they had no response from Colman about fixing the damage or sending a new 3rd piece. Finally Coleman was able to confirm a new 3rd piece was delivered to the shipping company and I would receive this week.

So I decided to leave work early and drive to the shipping companies warehouse and they said Coleman still hasn’t advised them on fixing the 3rd piece or sending a new one. Total nightmare.

Order processing issue

Coleman Furniture - THEY ARE THE WORST!!! DON'T EVER, EVER BUY FROM THEM!!!

1.6

Wow, this company was terrible beyond belief. I wouldn't believe it if it hadn't happened to me!

I found two barstools I wanted online, and ordered them on July 7th. Delivery was supposed to be a couple weeks later. It took longer than initially expected, but I was impressed that they delivered them and were going to put them together for me, for a cheaper price than what I found at the local furniture store (where I had tried out and fallen in love with the exact same stools).

Unfortunately, the delivery guys informed me that none of the hardware had shipped with the stools. They left the stools half put together on my living room floor, and I had to call and report the delivery issue. I thought they would expedite the hardware to me, but it took two more weeks. New delivery guys came.

They tried, and couldn't make the stools work. They called their manager. Their manager was supposed to come in 15 minutes; he took several hours to arrive. I was at home all day, waiting. He figured out the problem - the company had sent the wrong hardware! They ordered hardware for me again. I asked them specifically to expedite the shipping. They did not.

Two more weeks have passed, and I got an email saying the delivery company had the right hardware and would contact me. Nobody ever did. I finally tracked down the number and called them, and they scheduled a new date for a week later. But then I got an email saying never mind, that was ALSO NOT THE RIGHT HARDWARE (it's literally just a few screws - I could buy it at the home store if I knew what they were for 50 cents!), and that my hardware would arrive in another week, and then I could schedule yet again. Then the delivery company called to tell me they actually have my hardware (which Coleman Furniture just said was the wrong one), and to schedule delivery. I said I already scheduled and cancelled delivery, again, and are you people just making fun of me at this point?!

I called my customer service rep, who had just emailed me yet COULD NOT REMEMBER WHO I WAS, and asked to just cancel the order. She said no, I was past my "5 days after delivery" window to cancel and return. I said, "I've had half put together stools in my living room in the way for a month and a half - but no hardware, so I don't think they have technically "been delivered" yet." She said if she cancelled it, she'd have to charge me a 15 percent re-stocking fee and ALL of the delivery charged from the 4 different times someone has had to come out. (I ordered and paid on July 7th, she's now telling me that I can't even schedule another delivery until after September 4th, just to give you more of a timeline.)

I said, "It's been a month and a half longer than you said you'd deliver it by when I paid, and you still don't seem to have it figured out - I think I'll just dispute the charge on my credit card." She seemed super annoyed with me. WITH ME! I've been so freaking nice and ridiculously patient!! BECAUSE I'M A REALLY NICE PERSON!

I asked for a compromise, like a partial refund for all the problems there have been with my order. So far, she says no. I JUST WANT TO BE DONE WITH THESE PEOPLE. I could've put the barstool together myself in ten minutes if they'd sent the screws.

I cannot recommend that you not order from Coleman Furniture enough. AVOID THEM. THEY ARE LITERALLY THE WORST COMPANY IN THE HISTORY OF FURNITURE COMPANIES.

Review
#1343489 Review #1343489 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1343489.
Poor customer service

Coleman Furniture - Waste of time

Ordered a large China Hutch from Coleman Furniture. I verified it was in stock at the manufacturer before ordering.

It did arrive within the 4 week time frame to the local shipping company but that's when everything went down hill. The hutch arrived at the local shipping company on July 10th in Denver. I was to receive a call to set up delivery within a few days since they deliver in my area every day, as stated by Coleman furniture. Long story short, the hutch sat at the delivery company for over a month, I called them over a dozen times and they never once answered the phone.

They only called me back twice. Once saying they'll call back the next day about delivery, which they didnt. And once to schedule a delivery on August 16th stating that was the earliest delivery date. Coleman furniture was no help whatsoever.

I opened a claim with my bank to get my money back. As soon as the claim was closed and i was refunded, Coleman furniture did nothing but call and email nonstop over the next week up until the delivery date. Amazing how they can call as soon as they no longer have your money. And their only concern was to get a new form of payment.

There was no effort whatsoever to have it delivered earlier.

Take your business elsewhere.

You will save a lot of time! I ended up ordering the same piece from Goedeckers for $200 cheaper and delivery within 3 weeks.

Review
#1332721 Review #1332721 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1332721.
Order processing issue

Coleman Furniture - DO NOT do business with these people!

This company is absolute GARBAGE! I ordered a bedroom set online from Coleman on 7/14.

After 3 weeks of no response I called them. The girl on the phone had the typical New York attitude and told me it would be at least another month since the product was on back order from the manufacturer (Avalon). I told her to cancel the order and that they should have better customer service and if I would have known the furniture was 32 months out, I would have never ordered from them. She agreed to cancel and hung up.

Three hours later I get a message from them that the order has already been "Loaded and en route to the shipping company" so I couldn't cancel and that it would be 2 more weeks. It’s funny on the same day I call to cancel, that 3 hours later the shipment is now en route. I figured I could wait 2 more weeks since it would be that long if I placed a new order with another company. Then today 8/17/18 I get a call from the same girl with the bad attitude telling me "Good news" they were able to cancel my order.

She ended up hanging up on me when I caught her in several lies. I wouldn't trust this place to deliver a pizza!

They are worse than used car salesman. Buyer beware, DO NOT do business with these people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Problem with delivery

Coleman Furniture - Mysterious company

Ordered a *** leather chair from Coleman. Got a confirmation several days later that the chair order had been received and it would take 5 to 6 weeks to be delivered.

Ten days later I get a call from a delivery company from Little Rock, Arkansas, that my chair would be delivered in several days. Still haven't heard from Coleman that my chair was being sent. When the independent delivery truck arrived the *** chair, which is made in China to my surprise, was the right model but the color on the box and the color I ordered didn't match. Both are brown but don't see why the color ordered and the color delivered aren't the same.

I did notice that Coleman must have hit my credit card when ordered rather than when delivered so if you get a delay, you may be paying for something that you don't have access to.

I don't think I'll order again from Coleman. Not sure who they are or if they are a legitimate business or just someone working out of their garage as a middleman.

Review
#1331857 Review #1331857 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1331857.