Coleman Furniture - Scam scam scam

1.5

Everything looked wonderful. The price and hey free shipping on top of that and omg I must be lucky cause they will assemble it too¡?!!!

Ok yeah the furniture would not fit through a standard 36 exterior door the furniture is 42 inches. No warning anywhere and now for a living suit that with a 5 year warranty would cost me 1650. They want to charge me a 25% restoring fee 393. Plus that free shipping is longer free and now want shipping too and from for 345.

So Coleman really??? I waited 9 weeks for my items and now you want almost 50% of the purchase price 730. For whattttttt?

This company looks like the best present in history but is truly the biggest disappointment and a scam to get over on people. I am 81 and truly feel this was an Internet scam

I have exact the sam experience!

never ever with Coleman!!!

should have bought from charlottefurnitureonline.com

That's what Coleman does to everyone........ Rip them off............Welcome to the Club............

I concur they tried to charge me 350 shipping on a 260 dollar unit after they said they warrantied it. This company is a ripoff and will be reported to the better business bureau....

View more comments (3)
Review
#813029 Review #813029 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer813029.
Woodland, North Carolina
Coleman Furniture Shipping Service
Cons
Delivery, Return and shipping information not easy, Horrible customer service, Not enough of description, I feel this was a senior citizen scam
Reason of review
Poor customer service, issues with delivery and being ripped off

Coleman Furniture - Not concerned about people

From everything I have read, most people seem happy and many negative reviews involve not understanding how buying "real" furniture works, or from not reading the instructions on the website detailing how to accept or decline furniture and the consequences of canceling or returning. My personal issue lies elsewhere, customer relations and service.

First off is the warranty they push so hard for you to buy.

Read customer reviews before you agree of course, but beyond that just try to ask them for a copy of the full terms or contract before you pay for it. I have, at least 6 times now, and they will always 'get back to me on that'. Want to know how to know a warranty is a sham? If you can't read the terms before paying for it.

Second, the email and chat replies seem to come from a real, helpful, concerned human, but asking tougher questions (like above) gets met with stalling, followed by a follow up email a day later reminding you that that awesome sale price you were seeing is about to expire.

Great, so I ask AGAIN to see the warranty terms, and since I most likely will decline that anyway at this point, when would my furniture ship? No answer again. If they can't estimate shipping for some reason at least tell me that, or give me a '4 to 8 weeks' estimate. It's not hard.

They seem more concerned with closing a quick sale than building a relationship. Paying an extra $100 locally is looking like a good idea.

Review
#766630 Review #766630 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer766630.
Atlanta, Georgia
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Coleman Furniture - Worst experience ever please stay away

I have never had such a bad experience ordering anything in my life.

They gave me the run around for 2 months. After never receiving my item I cancelled my order which they charged me a restock fee for.

I never received any items from them. My item was out of stock the entire time and they kept advertising it as a sales item changing the price of it which im sure made others order the item as well.

Further I contacted howard miller the manufacturer of the item (since coleman is more or less a drop shipper) and they told me coleman/renegade never placed the order. Yet they want me to pay a re stock fee.

Coleman also refused to give any shipping info when requested.

Very poor customer service. Looks to be one of those companies that look at them selves as being so big they can do whatever they want.

Disappointing to say the least.

Still dealing with this mess. Its been months. Upsetting to say the least.

Delray Beach, Florida
Tags
  • misrepresented service offering
  • Pricing Deception
Cons
Customer service, Sales, Pricing, Unwilling to help
Order processing issue
Full refund

Coleman Furniture - TOTAL FRAUD, Unusable Sectional Delivered, and want us to pay....

2.0

Delivered sectional that will not fit together, wants to replace parts in particle board, and have us do it? Or wait months until delivery people can replace parts? As if replacing parts in a particle board base will be stable or is a valid

Unusable sectional, and totally unsatisfactory customer service, rude, abrasive, and predatory. Shipping was way overdue and to receive a defective product on top was a horrifying development.

We refused shipment and Coleman (RENEGADE) now wants to charge us a restocking fee of 25%, zero communication, very late shipping.

This company uses funds collected for other endeavors is our belief, we are filing federal fraud charges.

STAY AWAY!!!! A VERY BAD BUSINESS. Class Action Anyone?

I am auditor (CPA and CFE) & I deal with insurance regulation. I have actually talked to a family member who is a class action attorney but not in this line of work.

However, I am getting some good advice and going down this avenue. With a class action suit you will not get all of your money due to attorney fees but we can get this company to quit doing this to others. It is just a matter of getting it going. I believe (from my auditing standpoint ) they have a ponzai type scheme going as you suggested whereby they deliver defective or refurbished furniture from the get go and then get the consumer to reject it and offer to repair it for them.

The process takes so painfully long and is frustrating to the point the consumer gives in and pays the restocking fee. Now the company can resell this furniture again and has collected a portion of your money. It is a total fraudulent activity.

It just needs to be reported and audited. How far have you gotten with the feds?

Review
#566847 Review #566847 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer566847.
Coleman Furniture Shipping Service
Cons
Fraud
Damaged or defective

Coleman Furniture - SCAM ARTISTS

Deceptive advertising and terrible customer service! Do Not buy from these SCAM ARTISTS!!! I bought a furniture "set" online that came pictured with a nice desk and chair (cherry-grove-the-new-generation-home-office-set-american-drew). It appears to come with the whole desk and advertises that it is discounted. When it arrived it was just part of the set shown. I believed that it was just a mistake and called to get the additional pieces sent. The customer service was terrible, the agents and supervisors didn't know anything and just kept stating, "well you couldn't have thought you get the entire desk in the picture". Really? Since when does someone advertise a desk set and it only comes with a 1 item? They claim there is no one else in charge there and they don't even know who is in charge of the department. I asked for a refund but all they would do charge me for a restocking fee and shipping charges which would mean I get nothing back.

Again, they are a SCAM!!! BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK, but be warned.

Thanks, Ben

Colemanfurniture

Here at Coleman Furniture, we honer all of our advertised discounts and seasonal sales. But don't just take my word for it please call our sales line at (800) 974-5255 and we will be happy to assist you and answer all questions. :)

Tags