Most Helpful Featured

Coleman Furniture - These guys are thieves. Buyer beware.

2.1

I bought a set of Ashley living room furniture from Coleman last summer. I had done a lot of research prior to purchasing, and Coleman appeared to have what I wanted for the best price. They also had an additional warranty, which I purchased. After all, furniture is a big expenditure, and I wanted to make sure I was covered.

It took almost a month to get my furniture, and the delivery date was not ideal as I was due to leave town the same day, but after they assured me I would be the first delivery of the day, I agreed to stay a little later and have them deliver that day rather than possibly wait another month.

I had been under the impression that “first delivery of the day” was going to be around 7 or 8am. They didn’t get there until after 10, and when they did, my furniture was in pieces. They had to take another hour to put it together in my living room. Normally I would be more understanding of something like that, but again, I was supposed to be leaving town and driving 10 hours. So for the delivery people to be 2-3 hours late (without calling), and then take ANOTHER hour of my time for something that should have already been done was rather irritating. The guys were nice, but still!

Fast forward a couple months. My armchair already has a crack in the decorative wood panel on the front, even though it’s the least used piece of furniture in the set. Also, my sleeper sofa is badly sagging on one side. Upon further inspection, it’s because the piece of OSB (OSB, y’all...not even MDF, let alone solid wood) that held the sleeper frame onto the sofa frame is shattered, making the bed crooked, and the seats sag. It also made the frame twist, which made the wood paneling come loose on the opposite side. Disappointing to say the least, for furniture that’s not even a year old.

Oh, but wait! I have a warranty! So I got in contact with the company, who requested pictures of the damage. I obliged, and even labeled them for clarity. And I waited for their response, being relieved that I’d had the foresight to get the warranty in the first place, as even the casual observer can see that this is likely to be a rather pricey repair.

Therefore, it goes without saying that I was completely shocked when they told me they would give me $100. For the entire repair. Seriously? But I know I’m dealing with an insurance company, and never to accept the first offer, especially if it’s obviously low-ball. So I emailed back and told them that I didn’t think that was going to be near enough, and that I would expect them to up that offer if I got a lot of estimates that were substantially above that. They asked for those estimates, so I did some research, and got estimates from three different companies, the cheapest of which was $450. The guy was even nice enough to email me an invoice so I could show Coleman that I wasn’t just blowing smoke. I sent all of this over to them.

The response? Well, read for yourself:

“Hi Myristica,

The manufacture has advised the issues you have reported can be repaired by a local furniture technician. The allotment amount should cover the cost of the repair on both items.

As a courtesy, we can approve up to to $200.00 to have the items brought back to manufacture standards.

Please see below for a technician service in your area.

Furniture Solutions Network

(Link removed)

Have a good day!”

Yeah, a good day it’s anything but.

I’m not done fighting this battle, and the outcome may end up being marginally acceptable, at least in regards to the condition of my furniture and what I end up paying for it. If so, I will update my review. But this run-around and refusal to make this right WITHOUT a fight has lost them a customer. And considering the actual quality of this furniture, they’ve lost Ashley a customer as well. These problems aren’t the only ones, they are just the only ones I was trying to actually get the company to repair. The underside of the ottoman was all ripped up, which I discovered when I tilted it to put felt on the feet to protect my floor. The love seat is also sagging way more than it should at less than 1 year old. So I definitely would recommend you save yourself both money and headache, and shop elsewhere. They are only too happy to take your money, but once they have it, you cease to matter to them at all.

Larry Taylor
#1720859
Home Improvement Expert

You may share your experience with Coleman Furniture customers as well as the company top management team by posting your comments via the company social media networks. You may also try to reach out to the Coleman Furniture top management by sending a mail to

Coleman Furniture 333 Washington Ave, Cedarhurst, New York 11516, United States.
Please find all contact information of Coleman Furniture including their phone number and social media links on the Coleman Furniture Contacts tab on the Pissed Consumer website.

So basically you are pissed because they found someone who will fix it for less money than you? And even provided you with a link for that company? Sounds like you were looking to make a buck.

WrithingNightingale

I totally agree with this. They do take your money and will not let go even when you have proof of their wrong!! Never buy with them

View more comments (2)

Coleman Furniture - Dishonest company

1.3

Ordered in stock furniture with 2-3 week delivery. Website and service excellent, professional.

Received cute email with a truck driving to a warehouse, said order shipped, then another has arrived will be inspected and delivered. Note them mention will be inspected, as many they called on delivery day that my sofa failed inspection for missing a part. They do not return calls as promised, refuse to tell me where my furniture is located or what part is missing. Furniture manufacturer tells me they do not ship in parts, so Coleman now tells me it that is true (they changed story) and maybe damaged and waiting on a part to repair.

I told them I want to cancel my order, do not want repaired furniture. They refuse and say I must pay 15% restock and 189 shipping so total almost 700.00 to cancel the order. I do not believe there is any furniture here local and they know it is their word against mine. Someone needs to sue this company, I am interested in a class action lawsuit.

I have had to buy a sofa from a local company to have a place to sit. These people are criminals.

Review
#1629839 Review #1629839 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1629839.
Order processing issue

Coleman Furniture - Horrible Customer Service

These people have us the run around for weeks after failing to install our entertainment center. They were extremely rude, would talk over you and not take ownership of their poor service. I will never order from them again!

Review
Cons
Not responsive
Problem with delivery
Price reduction

Coleman Furniture - Bad Company, Worst Customer Service

2.4

Customer service is terrible, non-existent to say the least. Purchased brand new sectional, received and inspected in good physical condition.

After a few days, used headrest and functionality is defective. Contacted customer service and provided all information requested and some including pictures of manufacturer label and video of the defect. After several days of back and forth email, Lori offered $100 credit only after I hire my own repair person to fix the couch and to send in the receipt/invoice. The credit offered wouldn't even cover 1/3 of the repair let alone the cost of paying someone to just look at it since it's a mechanical issue.

She basically said they offer a solution and that's all she could do. I requested to have the sectional returned for defect and her response was that since I signed off on receiving the product, they cannot accept a return HOWEVER their website has a RETURNS and EXCHANGE policy page. They will not accept responsibility if you receive a defective product, stay away from this company and pay a little more. It's not worth the headache.

It's been 3 months since this ordeal started and I'm still disputing it with my credit card company. They're liars and crooks.

• Breached Contract
  • Poor Customer Service After Sale
  • Fraudulant Activity
Pros
Great prices, Easy to navigate website
Cons
Does not honor returns and or exchanges, Provides unrealistic and or unfair solutions, Provides damaged or defective products
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Take this couch back and I want my full refund.

Coleman Furniture - Not happy at all

My 2018 Coleman camper. Used three times.

The couch is peeling. Do not ever repeat do not ever,ever. Buy anything from Colman They say my warranty is one year and six months old.

And can not anything to fix it. Repeat please don’t buy nothing from Colman

Review
Cons
False advertisement full customer satisfaction guaranteed
Warranty issue

Coleman Furniture - Furniture peeling

My furniture is peeling. 2018 Coleman camper.

I have used it 4 times.

Very unhappy. Something has to be done

Review
Cons
Quality of the product
Bad quality

Coleman Furniture - Worse company ever

This is by FAR the worse furniture company my fiancé and I have ever dealt with. 5 weeks ago we payed for the Alenya Sectional and as of today, we still have NOT received our furniture as of today 7/3/19.

We initially placed our order with this fraudulent company on May 28 2019 we were told delivery would be about 2-3 weeks.

We were called from the number 847-469-6789 on June 18 at 12:42pm and were informed that the company received our furniture and wanted to set up a delivery date. The delivery date was set up for a day of the week of the 21rst. They called us and told us the wrong arm of the sectional was sent in and that they will need to rescheduled the delivery. The delivery was rescheduled to Saturday 6/22 initially at 1030am-1230pm my fiancé told them he couldn't do that time as he was at work, the company said okay and agreed to deliver the furniture at 1:00pm (the time my fiancé gets home).

They called us around 1148pm on Saturday and we were told they are at our door. I explained to them that we were informed they told us 1pm. Needless to say we had to reschedule again, mind you, this was only one part of the sectional they were delivering because the other part "they had the wrong arm" The delivery was rescheduled again for Wednesday 6/26/19 however on 6/25 they called us and told us we will be charged a $75 dollar redelivery fee, after explaining everything to them, they agreed to waive the fee since it wasn't fair. They told us on 6/25 as well that they still have the wrong part and cannot deliver.

After I talked to them they agreed to deliver the part they had and will deliver the other part another time. On 6/25/19, they called again and stated that the furniture did not pass inspection and that they are not able to deliver anything. I am starting to think this company is ripping us off as we paid nearly $800 for this furniture and received nothing. We continue to be told they cannot deliver and have the wrong piece.

This company is unprofessional and negligent. Our service manager Ciara, seemed to not care and did not provide good customer service. When we requested to cancel this order Ciara told us in a very unprofessional tone, it will be at 15% restocking fee. After all of what we been through with this company, you would think they would provide some kind of discounted rate for the inconvenience or giving us the option to cancel.

The furniture is NOT even in the warehouse. Today on 7/3/19 they called us from the number 516-407-2080, her name is Gold, and she said the replacement loveseat still hasn’t shipped. We have also tried to call Lori two times and left her a message and no answer. If you decide to purchase from this company , be aware it’s a risk.

You are better off paying a little more from a reputable company with better customer service and a company that VALUES their customers.

We were the ones inconvenienced.

All we did was make a purchase with this company trusting that they will deliver. This company is fraudulent, negligent and very unprofessional.

I am experiencing the exact same lies. They called on delivery day said my sofa was missing parts and didn't pass inspection.

Manufacturer says doesn't ship in parts. I don't believe there is any furniture here local. They won't tell me what "part" is missing and threaten the 15% restock fee and shipping fee if I cancel. I had sold my furniture based on delivery date and had to buy a new sofa.

They are rude and obviously dishonest, they are trained well to keep their script. I am in disbelief that they are not sued.

We should gather names for a class action lawsuit. I too am dealing with Lori, she's a real sweetheart.

Review
#1575418 Review #1575418 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1575418.

Coleman Furniture - Received damaged furniture terrible cust service!

Order bed and nightstands March 22, order arrived May 8, footboard was cracked in half, delivery company would only take footboard back, not the whole order. Called Coleman furniture, no full refund as I was ticked for waiting so long for delivery just to get broken furniture!

I was assured I’d get a new footboard. I explained I’d like my

Money back, I was told I’d have to pay full shipping back to them along with 20% fee ($300 plus freight shipping!?) I agreed to allow a replacement sent. Delivery of replacement was June 8th, footboard arrived damaged and stained on fabric, it was already used! This time the delivery Men REFUSED to take it back, and refused to correctly assemble it like they were suppose to do!

Again I call and ask about a refund, (several calls and emails in between the 2 delivery dates asking on a status to which I got no info, no one knows anything. Again I’m told I agreed to the return shipping fees and to the restocking fees by purchasing from them!? I was never told about ANY OF THAT!!! They sent a furniture cleaning man to my

House to clean the fabric on the foot board, that doesn’t help the snags and torn up fabric!!

Cleaning man left and said he was sending a report stating footboard needed REPLACED IT IS BEYOND RAPAIRING! He would not give me a copy of his report. Told me they would probably not do anything more to fix the issue. I called my bank and filed a dispute with my credit card company and now I’m waiting to see what’s next!

Will they come get the furniture!?

My bank is crediting me back my entire purchase

Price so I guess if they want their damaged furniture back they need to come

Pick it up!! They brought it damaged, it was their fault not mine I paid for new furniture not something I needed to have repaired or someone else’s returned items, which is what they sent me!

Product
  • Deception
  • Questionable ethics
  • Renegade Furniture Delivery
  • Unacceptable Communication
  • Poor Customer Care
  • Fraudulant Activity
Cons
Customer service and defective products, Not willing to make things right, Way they have not tried to resolve the simple issue, Quality of the product
Damaged or defective
Full refund

Coleman Furniture - DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY

https://www.facebook.com/colemanfurniture/ sucks! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!

I ordered a dining set with 4 chairs from them online. I had to wait 8 weeks to get the set, and then on the day of delivery I had a 4 hour window for delivery from 2-6pm. 6pm came and went and no delivery. I finally get a call from the delivery guy at about 6:30 telling me he is running late.

No *** sherlock! Ya think you could have called earlier to let me know??? The delivery company doesn't arrive until about 7:30-7:45pm, almost 2 hours past my four hour window for delivery. The two guys that show up to deliver and assemble the table look sketchy as *** with neck tats and like they had a hard night of partying...

who knows what they were actually doing and why they were 2 hours late. They then proceed to assemble the table and chairs in the street in front of my house, in the dark. It takes them another 2 hours to do this. So I had to sit around waiting for these *** for 8 friggin hours and had to cancel plans I had that evening because they didn't leave my house until almost 10pm!

And then they damaged the table in 3 spots. I tell them before they leave to make a note of the damage and point it out to them. I watch the guy write it down. And to top it all off the 4 chairs I ordered are the completely wrong color!

I ordered grey chairs and they show up green!! WTF?! I point this out to the delivery guy also and he makes a note of it. Shortly after all of this I get an email from Coleman Furniture asking me for feedback.

I give them the whole story and let them know how unhappy I am with the whole ordeal and that I did not get what I paid for. Nobody contacts me... so I call them and file a complaint. I send pictures in and have to give my story to at least 3 different people as I get shuffled around from person to person, basically being given the runaround.

Upon taking a closer look at the product number of the table and 4 chairs I receive I discover that the numbers DO NOT match up to what I ordered. I assume I got sent the wrong items. In the end, what do they tell me??? "Our website has a disclaimer that says the pictures are just a representation and product colors may vary...

blah blah blah." The name of the chair has the word GREY in it!!! How TF do I get green chairs?! I tell them the product numbers don't match up and they tell me too bad you signed for it. WTF was I supposed to do?

The guys are in my house at almost 10pm and I am ready for them to get out of my house! So I sign and tell them to note all these things on the paper I signed.

Now Coleman Furniture tells me I am stuck with a damaged table, chairs that are the wrong color and they dont give a *** *** Coleman Furniture!!

And their Facebook page won't allow me to tag it, to leave a review or to message them. Guess they are used to getting complaints!

• unethical
  • Questionable ethics
  • Late Arrival
  • Poor Customer Service After Sale
  • Deceptive Ad Use
  • Damaged Product
  • Coleman com
Cons
Not willing to make things right, Total lack of care and concern for the customer, Delivery was 2 hours past 4 hour window, Sketchy delivery guys that damaged table during assembly, Received wrong color chairs and they wont exchange
Poor customer service
Price reduction

Coleman Furniture - DO NOT BUY

1.8

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I ordered a bookshelf from Coleman Furniture about 2 months ago.

Point2point company delivered the bookshelf on behalf of Coleman. When they brought it to my home, the bookshelf nearly fell due to an abnormal angle (due to having a short depth and having carpet). Next, the siding was uneven. The base was uneven and the entire thing was flimsy.

The delivery crew even agreed it was not worth $435. I refused the delivery on the spot and had the Point2point call Coleman furniture and take pictures of the unsatisfactory product. Weeks later, Lori Crawn, Rachel Shapiro and Moshe Miller responded by saying it was up to standards and are trying to redeliver the product. I have spent a couple thousand dollars with this company, and this is the first issue I’ve had.

Nowhere on the website does it state the bookshelf needs to be on hardwood floors. Not to mention the build quality is poor and they are trying to redeliver it.

After getting American Express involved; they claim that they will only give me half a refund since they need to charge me for “redelivery and restock” fees. I will never do business with this company again and I advise everyone to be cautious on what they purchase from this company considering you will only get half your money back if they bring you a *** product.

Review
#1561838 Review #1561838 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1561838.

Contact Coleman Furniture Customer Service

All Coleman Furniture Contacts

Latest Question

Coleman Furniture Questions

Coleman Furniture - Customer Service Nightmare

Long story. Will try to make it as short as possible.

I ordered a bedroom set on March 12th and the bed that matches this set showed that it was out of stock, so I ordered a different bed, (total cost $1,158.00). Approximately 1 week later, I looked online and the bed that matches this set was available. I ordered the matching bed that I really wanted. The furniture company charged me for ordering the bed by itself plus charged me for storage fees for the bed that I really didn't want in the first place.

The new price $1380.00. I called a couple of times to see when my order would be delivered and my first delivery date was May 9th, due to my waiting on the new bed. Delivery done, unable to complete setup due to missing part. Part received approximately 1 week later with next set up date being May 24th.

Delivery personnel stated another part was missing. They ordered the part, got it approximately a week later and it was the wrong part. Part had to be reordered and I received it approximately 1 week later. Set up new date which for delivery company to return which was June 14.

Received a call stating they would be there between 1:30pm and 4:30pm. I got the call around 5:30PM and I never saw them unless they went to wrong house. No call or anything. I was over an hour late to work.

No flexibility with the delivery company. You have to take what they give. Now here it is June 16th and I do not have a bed setup.

Will I need more parts????? When will I get to sleep in a paid that is fully paid for.

Problem with delivery