1.7

Coleman Furniture - Frustrated beyond Words

We placed an order for a section sofa for our new home. Upon Delivery we were asked to sit on the sofa and give it a final inspection.

When we sat down on the furniture, there was a crack in the wooden base and we sank halfway to the floor. (We are your average sized adults, weighing less than 200#s). Upon further investigation and inspection we found that the base board that framed the sofa was warped and had a round edge at the top of the base that would be perpendicular to where you would be sitting. This explains why the sofa sank halfway to the floor when sitting on it.

The deliver driver said we would sign the final inspection paperwork anyways because it was not a delivery driver error - they didn't break it - which was true. We called Coleman Furniture immediately, as the delivery drivers were pulling out of the driveway, and Coleman Furniture took a firm stance that it wasn't a manufacturer error. It wasn't even in our house for 5 minutes! And we were not rough on the furniture - if you cannot sit down on a sofa, that defeats the purpose of the product!!

We have sent numerous pictures, dozens of emails, and had multiple calls....it is 8 weeks later and they still have not resolved the issue. Two weeks ago they agreed to order a replacement piece for the section, but will not provide an ETA. I have a feeling they are going to take an extended period of time to resolve until they reach a timeframe they can say it's been too far past the delivery date to resolve. So now we have a $1000 sectional sofa in our living room that we cannot use and can't really sell because it is broken!

Needless to say - Their furniture is not made with true quality.

They do not back their products to replace them if they are broken.

Their service team is quick to blame the customer for a defective product to try to pass on the issue as "Your Problem". Do not order from them.

StridentKillerWhale147
Defective furniture
Full refund
Review #1371224 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.5

Coleman Furniture - Misleading

Very misleading.

Delivery takes literally half a year. Plus there were multiple delivery issues an we have YET to receive a part to complete the furniture.

Terrible experience, worst of any furniture buying experience I have had.

Don’t make same mistake as we did.

Order processing issue
Review #1368513 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1368513.

Coleman Furniture - BEWARE!

I ordered a bedroom set in the beginning of June. The original delivery date was promised 8 weeks after ordering.

It’s now almost October and I’m being told another 4 weeks. The customer service has been lying to me 4 weeks at a time with no transparency to the actual status of my order. I’m convinced I will never receive this furniture. They charged my credit card and will not issue a refund.

This company is a scam. Do not order from them.

EarsplittingCoati
Order processing issue
Review #1367526 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Coleman Furniture - Beware!!

We order a bed and a lamp. They first said bed would be delivered in 3 weeks.

Then it was 5 weeks and after 5 weeks they said 10 more! We ordered in July and it was supposed to be delivered until mid October! We also ordered a lamp at the same time. It came promptly several days later.

The neck was bent and the shade was broken. We requested a replacement in early Aug. Coleman said the manufacturer would replace the shade but not the lamp. It is now the last week in Sept and we don't have the shade.

Just keep getting emails manufacturer will be shipping. The next to last said they were shipping by the end of last week. On Sunday, they emailed they had ordered the shade.

We still have the bent lamp, no shade and they won't return my money. Be very aware before you do business with this company.

InterestingBottleNosedDolphin
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #1365605 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.4

Coleman Furniture - Never, ever again

Purchased $2,000 in furniture, and they refused to honor the warranties that come with the furniture. Our sofa frame broke, and they not only refuse to honor to manufacturer's warranty, they also refuse to honor the 5 year extended warranty that comes with the purchase.

Agent we were dealing with was rude, nasty and condescending.

We only purchased this set a few months ago, and it's already broken and in need of repair. I will never, ever buy from these people again.

My next call is to the NYS AG, the NYS Consumer Protection Bureau and the Georgia Consumer Protection Bureau.

Make sure you do your homework before you deal with these guys. They dodge calls and will not help you when you need it.

Read

Don't call anyone. You are far beyond that point.

You must issue a formal complaint, in writing and serve via Certified Mail return receipt requested. Keep copies of all correspondence and postal receipts. Calls, e-mails, and text messages are worse than useless ; easy to ignore like a puff of steam in the wind. Easier still to drag you out timewise until you're past any reasonable warranty period.

The furniture may be crummy but your response to the situation is even worse. And never, ever, pay extra for "an extended warranty" for anything - crooked game, very popular with thieves.

@Anonymous

Thankfully the warranty came with the set for free, but what good is it when everybody involved is passing the buck to everyone else? And thanks for your advice.

EarnestPolarBear535
I liked
Furniture style
I didn’t like
Customer service, Failure to honor warranty
Warranty issue
Preferred solution
Honor the warranty you sold me and fix my sofa
Review #1358912 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Coleman Furniture - Zero customer service

After ordering and contacting this company for a week and a half about a delivery date, they finally emailed back they they could only give a shipping date which was much later than the website quoted, when I got upset they not only canceled an order that wasn't even mine but the owner said he basically could care less about my order because he has so much money. This is not a reputable business.

Stay away. They have over 300 complaints on the better business bureau which is the most I've seen for such a small company.

Same thing

ScaryCassowary894
Poor customer service
Review #1358168 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Coleman Furniture - Late Delivery...No Set Up

Delivery took ten weeks......missing parts and any kind of setup.....ended up setting up the bedroom set by myself.....terrible online experience and would not recommend. Coleman Furniture farms out too much of it's business and can't track its merchandise once it arrives at local warehouses......what kind of online company can't keep track of its own items?

Read

Still waiting on my shipment. The worse company ever.

Wished I read up before I order. Now I’m playing the waiting game with them. They have no clue where my shipment is at. No tracking nothing.

Delayed always delayed. They have no clue why. I really hate this company.

Don’t not buy from them. Customer service is a *** hole.

@Star 123

I am in the same boat with them. They took my money no problem and they keep telling me that delivery company has my furniture I have spoke to that delivery company numerous times and they do not have my furniture. Coleman Furniture has no clue where it is I told them I want to cancel they informed me there were fees involved in that so I contacted my bank and technically it is a fraudulent charge they did not deliver product I paid for so my bank is going to assist me and getting my money back and disputing it good luck to you I hope you have a way to dispute it and get refunded also

FreshMagpie
Tags
  • No Setup Delivery Fail
Price reduction
Review #1356927 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Coleman Furniture - PATHETIC, CHARGED TWICE, DONT RECOMMEND

i would like to put the review in short

#utterly disaster #the charged Twice and we have not informed about the TWICE transaction.

When the product was delivered there were stains on the couch and the sofa Quality was so bad that you could feel the wood as it was not cushioned properly. And its been almost 1.5 month and still no proper result, on top of all these ( I WAS CHARGED TWICE 2160 USD) for my purchase which we noticed just today and we were in utter shock, never happened to us in our life.

Bad quality, poor customer care, when i asked for cancellation of purchase they told they will charge 500 USD out of my purchase which is 2160 USD. Its been happening since more than a month, yet results are zero, the most disgusting thing is charging twice from account and still not been informed to customer. I am gonna report them officially.

Nbyal

My review is so similar. Coleman's removed any negative comments or reviews from their Facebook and their website but I have been private messaging anyone who shows interest in the company to try to warn them I ordered a dining set on 12/2/18 and was charged that day.

On 12/13/18 they charged me the identical $2135.72 AGAIN. When I contacted them- all day long, I was told that it was normal to double charge but the additional charge would fall off my account that day. It still hasn't and now I'm being told they never charged me twice EVER. I provided them with my bank transaction history and asked them to simply let my bank know that the charge was only to come out of my account once.

They have refused to help me and still have the funds reserved with pre authorization. All I needed was for them to verify that I was only to be charged once. My bank reached out to them and they refuse to verify anything. This has been the worst customer service I've ever dealt with and I haven't even got my furniture yet.

If you read their reviews, broken and damaged furniture is the biggest complaint against them. Check the BBB and pissed off consumer to see who you are really dealing with. The BBB even has a warning that they receive such a huge volume of complaints about this company that they are only publishing 1 out of like 5. I made a huge mistake ordering from them.

Not a single person in the company cares that they are withholding so much of my money during the holidays. My bank kept attempting to simply get them to verify that I was to only be charged once for my purchase all the way until 7pm last night and they still refused to resolve this.

MemorableEmperorTamarin
Tags
  • acmefurniture
I didn’t like
Pathetic, Product quality not as per money spent, Takes two months to deliver, Poor quality of furniture with missing parts, Delivery and customer
Full refund
Review #1356705 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.4

Coleman Furniture - Damaged incomplete unit

Order arrived damaged. Returned and " repaired"; arrived damaged again.

Offered $100 to keep damaged $2000+ unit. Eventually sent out repair person. Missing parts, unable to use. When requested brackets to put together and use: received one box with drawer, foot and no brackets, then another box ( week later) with another drawer and wrong brackets, still waiting on brackets to install shelves.

Assembly crew nice but did not set up lights or find cords to use.

Keep writing to try to resolve and get more frustrated . Ordered in begin of July and still waiting for parts.

When i pushed told I could return unit at a 15% charge to me!

I would recommend going ANYWHERE else.

FuzzyMonteIberiaEleuth756
I liked
Verity of products
I didn’t like
Customer service and return policy, To return and replace it would cost me fifteen percent
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Educate your staff and prevent others from this experience.
Review #1350954 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.8

Coleman Furniture - HORRIBLE COMPANY

terrible company! and terrible workers (Cierra Zayas) after the bed took double the time months to get to me I had been waiting for months.

bed broke within minutes of receiving it With no help from this company, second time they have sold me a bad product and one spent thousands now im left to get the bed fixed on my own because they stopped responding to emails and I have no bed to sleep on. I bet if it were them they wouldnt take so long.

They dont make manufacturers stand behind their warranty. they try to offer you pennies to get it fixed yourself stay away from these people!

Read

I was thinking about Colemans but I’m glad I looked a review site first. Customer svc is very important. I don’t think I’ll be ordering from them

SpanishTurkishAngora
Poor quality
$1997
Price reduction
Review #1349378 is a subjective opinion of poster.