Update by user Jan 22, 2015
**Update**. Late last night and this morning they called me and told me they were able to speak with the manufacturer, who is the one who charges them a fee which they then pass on to the customer when an order has already been packed up and/or left their warehouse and a customer cancels.
They were able to get the restocking fee to not be charged to me, which is all I wanted done. I still find the whole timing and situation peculiar, but I will let it go and am satisfied that they resolved it. Therefore I have taken down my original review, but I will still advise to be very aware of their restocking fee policy, and backordered items with their suppliers.
The shipping issues I had with my order is what made me cancel after not getting it for close to two months. I understand the product is coming from their supplier, but they should have stock info on their website.
Original review posted by user Jan 21, 2015
Ordered a dining set from their website on 11/22/14. Received a call on 11/26!! saying that the set was back-ordered until February 2015. Why not have that message on the site? So I ordered another table on 12/2/14, and explicitly asked if the set was IN STOCK. They assured me it was and I would have it in my hands in 2-3 weeks. Then I get a call on 12/10!!! that the table would take about 5 weeks! Would never have ordered it if that was the case, was told it was in stock. I said ok, that I would wait. And then I waited....and waited.....and waited. Never received updates from them, had to keep calling. 5 weeks past, still no table.
I called back on 01/16/15, two days after the five week limit past, to cancel my order and tell them I was going to go to a local place and buy something because I had been without a table for 2 months now. The woman I spoke with, a manager, told me that the manufacturer said it would now ship out on 1/26/15!!! After having been given multiple shipping date updates along the way that never came to fruition, I gave up on the order. I said I wanted to cancel, told her why, and she then pleaded and fought with me not to cancel, offering me a free warranty plan or something. She said she would try to get it rushed, but in all likelihood it would ship the week of 1/26. I said I still wanted to cancel and that I was just going to buy from a local shop, but she continued to fight and almost basically refused to cancel it for me. She said she would call me on 1/26 to see if I still wanted to go ahead with the order. I said ok, I suppose I can do that, and to put the free protection plan on the order, but told her in all likelihood I was just going to get something from a local place and still cancel at the time she called. She said ok not a problem, or something to that effect, and we hung up.
I then went to a local place who said they could get me something in 3-4 days! I purchased it and then called to cancel the order from Coleman on 1/21. The woman I first spoke with basically would not allow me to cancel, and that I had to wait until the manager called me on 1/26 because they were trying to make the order happen and that it would ship out that week; she basically tried to delay and make me wait until 1/26 and was not cooperating with me. I was like what, that makes no sense. I caused a stink, said that is still too late and that I want to cancel right now, not on 1/26, and she put me on hold. She then came back a few minutes later saying she spoke to the manager I first spoke with and that they were sorry they couldn't fulfill the order, that they were cancelling, and then I said thank you and hung up.
Then I get a call back from the manager who then tells me that she was just working on the order, and that the manufacturer had the dining set in stock now, and was ready to ship it out to the delivery company. Hmmm, very odd timing that she was just working on the order at the very time that I called to cancel, don't you think? And she never called to update me on this, until after I called to cancel? I said well I'm sorry but I still want to cancel and she said well unfortunately, it's going to be a 25% restocking fee if you cancel because the manufacturer has it in stock now and is ready to ship!! What??!!! I've been waiting 2 months for this and the day I call to cancel it somehow it is now in stock, 5 minutes after I just called to cancel the order? Mind you they already said they were cancelling my order, then manager called me back saying she was just working on my order and now I couldn't cancel because it was now magically in stock???
So now I have to pay around $400 bucks for a dining set I never received, never had in my hands. She said she was working on the order to get it rushed out, and I said well you said you would call on 1/26 to confirm that it would ship that week, and if I still wanted the order, and now, on the very day I call to cancel - 5 days before 1/26 mind you - she calls me 5 minutes after I cancel the order to tell me the set is in stock and ready to ship out this week. And if I wanted to cancel I would have to pay 25% restocking - why should I pay restocking when I don't have any goods, and nothing has been shipped yet??!! So I'll end with this - how is it that, after waiting two months for this, on the day I call to cancel, and then get a confirmation from a rep on the phone that the order is cancelled, that the manager then calls me back 5 minutes later to tell me that she was just working on my order and that it is in stock ready to ship, and that if I cancelled I was subject to 25% restocking fee? Mind you the manager never called me to tell me that it was now in stock UNTIL AFTER I HAD CALLED AND CANCELLED THE ORDER - never called me before that!!! Quite the coincidence that she was just working on it the second I called and cancelled. Sounds like they were mad I decided to purchase elsewhere and cancel, so the first rep was trying to delay my cancellation until 1/26 to give the manager more time to work on the order, and then after finally cancelling it (after the rep spoke with the manager!!) because I was making stink, the manager then magically said oh wait, I was just working on this and we now have it in stock and are going to charge you a 25% restocking fee. I will fight this fee tooth and nail!!