Resolved
1.7

Resolved: Coleman Furniture in Rehoboth, Massachusetts - Bunch of Crooks/Frauds BEWARE

Update by user Jan 22, 2015

**Update**. Late last night and this morning they called me and told me they were able to speak with the manufacturer, who is the one who charges them a fee which they then pass on to the customer when an order has already been packed up and/or left their warehouse and a customer cancels.

They were able to get the restocking fee to not be charged to me, which is all I wanted done. I still find the whole timing and situation peculiar, but I will let it go and am satisfied that they resolved it. Therefore I have taken down my original review, but I will still advise to be very aware of their restocking fee policy, and backordered items with their suppliers.

The shipping issues I had with my order is what made me cancel after not getting it for close to two months. I understand the product is coming from their supplier, but they should have stock info on their website.

Original review posted by user Jan 21, 2015

Ordered a dining set from their website on 11/22/14. Received a call on 11/26!! saying that the set was back-ordered until February 2015. Why not have that message on the site? So I ordered another table on 12/2/14, and explicitly asked if the set was IN STOCK. They assured me it was and I would have it in my hands in 2-3 weeks. Then I get a call on 12/10!!! that the table would take about 5 weeks! Would never have ordered it if that was the case, was told it was in stock. I said ok, that I would wait. And then I waited....and waited.....and waited. Never received updates from them, had to keep calling. 5 weeks past, still no table.

I called back on 01/16/15, two days after the five week limit past, to cancel my order and tell them I was going to go to a local place and buy something because I had been without a table for 2 months now. The woman I spoke with, a manager, told me that the manufacturer said it would now ship out on 1/26/15!!! After having been given multiple shipping date updates along the way that never came to fruition, I gave up on the order. I said I wanted to cancel, told her why, and she then pleaded and fought with me not to cancel, offering me a free warranty plan or something. She said she would try to get it rushed, but in all likelihood it would ship the week of 1/26. I said I still wanted to cancel and that I was just going to buy from a local shop, but she continued to fight and almost basically refused to cancel it for me. She said she would call me on 1/26 to see if I still wanted to go ahead with the order. I said ok, I suppose I can do that, and to put the free protection plan on the order, but told her in all likelihood I was just going to get something from a local place and still cancel at the time she called. She said ok not a problem, or something to that effect, and we hung up.

I then went to a local place who said they could get me something in 3-4 days! I purchased it and then called to cancel the order from Coleman on 1/21. The woman I first spoke with basically would not allow me to cancel, and that I had to wait until the manager called me on 1/26 because they were trying to make the order happen and that it would ship out that week; she basically tried to delay and make me wait until 1/26 and was not cooperating with me. I was like what, that makes no sense. I caused a stink, said that is still too late and that I want to cancel right now, not on 1/26, and she put me on hold. She then came back a few minutes later saying she spoke to the manager I first spoke with and that they were sorry they couldn't fulfill the order, that they were cancelling, and then I said thank you and hung up.

Then I get a call back from the manager who then tells me that she was just working on the order, and that the manufacturer had the dining set in stock now, and was ready to ship it out to the delivery company. Hmmm, very odd timing that she was just working on the order at the very time that I called to cancel, don't you think? And she never called to update me on this, until after I called to cancel? I said well I'm sorry but I still want to cancel and she said well unfortunately, it's going to be a 25% restocking fee if you cancel because the manufacturer has it in stock now and is ready to ship!! What??!!! I've been waiting 2 months for this and the day I call to cancel it somehow it is now in stock, 5 minutes after I just called to cancel the order? Mind you they already said they were cancelling my order, then manager called me back saying she was just working on my order and now I couldn't cancel because it was now magically in stock???

So now I have to pay around $400 bucks for a dining set I never received, never had in my hands. She said she was working on the order to get it rushed out, and I said well you said you would call on 1/26 to confirm that it would ship that week, and if I still wanted the order, and now, on the very day I call to cancel - 5 days before 1/26 mind you - she calls me 5 minutes after I cancel the order to tell me the set is in stock and ready to ship out this week. And if I wanted to cancel I would have to pay 25% restocking - why should I pay restocking when I don't have any goods, and nothing has been shipped yet??!! So I'll end with this - how is it that, after waiting two months for this, on the day I call to cancel, and then get a confirmation from a rep on the phone that the order is cancelled, that the manager then calls me back 5 minutes later to tell me that she was just working on my order and that it is in stock ready to ship, and that if I cancelled I was subject to 25% restocking fee? Mind you the manager never called me to tell me that it was now in stock UNTIL AFTER I HAD CALLED AND CANCELLED THE ORDER - never called me before that!!! Quite the coincidence that she was just working on it the second I called and cancelled. Sounds like they were mad I decided to purchase elsewhere and cancel, so the first rep was trying to delay my cancellation until 1/26 to give the manager more time to work on the order, and then after finally cancelling it (after the rep spoke with the manager!!) because I was making stink, the manager then magically said oh wait, I was just working on this and we now have it in stock and are going to charge you a 25% restocking fee. I will fight this fee tooth and nail!!

jcostas81
Rehoboth, Massachusetts
I didn’t like
Policies, Customer service, Fraud, Out of stock products, Deception, Lies, Restocking fee, Backordered
Problems with payment
Review #585103 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Coleman Furniture in North Charleston, South Carolina - HAPPY CUSTOMER

I was hesitant to order online, especially after reading some reviews, but I was saving over $700 on a leather sofa and loveseat that I saw in my local furniture store. I placed the order in Dec, with a 3-4 week delivery date.

I received the furniture in 4 weeks. Coleman kept me updated the whole time. When I called, I always reached a person and they were able to help me. It was much harder to get in touch with the delivery service.

They operated mostly by voicemail, and of the two times I called, the first time my call was returned in 1 day, and next call was 6 days later. I had a small problem with the delivery, but Coleman called them immediately and cleared it up. If you choose to buy online, all I can say is be patient. The process does move slower than if you bought at a store.

However, I did a lot of research and found that a bulk of the complaints about any store...online or in person...was with the delivery company, not the actual store. I hope this helps.

Read

Based on all the other horrible reviews, I am certain this had to be written by an employee of the Company. I cannot imagine someone would come on this site to give praise to an otherwise known crooked company. Shame on you for trolling this site Coleman Furniture.

Fast order processing
Review #582704 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer582704.
1.4

Coleman Furniture in Punta Gorda, Florida - Purchased cabinent in Dec arrived damaged now Jan 14 no customer service

In December 2014, Bought a cabinet without checking rating, big mistake. Item arrived damaged.

Wrote to company. Told them the item is damaged made in China, cardboard, particle board worth $50. I paid $229.00 and want my money back. Nightmare since.

Now Jan 14, 2015. Numerous attempts to get address to return the item unsuccessful. Worst company ever. Please do not be their next victim.

Not enough room to complain about this company who should be out of business from what I can see.

It also looks as though they have no store. Take orders and then place order to China who sends the junk to you.

Pittsburg, Illinois, United States #933259

I've been waiting for a King size bed, night stand, and mirror from them that I had to refuse. I received my purchase (a sectional, a large dresser with a mirror, 6 drawer dresser, 2 nightstands, and a king size bed together around $3000) on December 17th but the delivery company damaged some of it.

I sent back the bed, a night stand and the mirror. Every time I call they tell me they're working on it and the holidays have slowed things down. 2 days...Christmas Day and New Years Day have held it up an entire month! I asked if I could just return it since it has been so long but the said it's a 25% non negotiable refund fee!!!

The have not cared at all. Not that I want to ever buy from them again but they could have shown a little customer service and offered some store credit or a discount...something for the trouble I have been dealing with. Also, they didn't offer any sort of understanding to the matter. Pam Lubin, the woman I've been dealing with, keeps saying she can call and get an update and that's all she can do.

In addition to all of that, the "reputable delivery company" the used to deliver and set up my furniture tried selling me a mattress from "some side work he does" made me very uncomfortable!! They walked around my house in places they didn't belong and when I refused the furniture he got really agitated.

Bad quality
Loss
Review #582429 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer582429.

Coleman Furniture - Delivery Service Review from Wilmette, Illinois

I ordered a couch in October and was told 3 weeks for delivery. It is now a week into January and it is not here.

When I called I was told all they can do is keep us updated on the shipment date, to which I replied you aren't even doing that! I called you! They never even bothered to reach out. This is absolutely awful customer service.

Don't promise something, take a customer's money and not deliver. You can't blame the manufacturer for a delay in shipping when your company takes people's money for a service.

Pittsburg, Illinois, United States #933262

Problem with delivery
Review #579177 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer579177.

Coleman Furniture - Stole my money, still no furniture!!

Tried to buy my daughter a new couch for her birthday, ordered it in October. She now has 1 piece of the 2 piece sectional in her living room. Both were delivered damaged but she was told by the deliver company to keep one piece so she had something to sit on. She was then instructed by the company to cut open the remaining piece of furniture to photograph the damage.

It is now January and there is still no ship date on the furniture and they are now telling her she is responsible to getting rid of the damage piece left in her apartment.

We have been so patient with this company and they have the worst customer service, only until my daughter wrote a bad review will did they offer you a refund in full. She asked if they would be coming to get the damage furniture and she was told now.

This has been a complete nightmare and be prepared they don't mean 100% customer satisfaction at all!!!! This couch is costing us more money now!

Pittsburg, Illinois, United States #933273

I sent this as a review to their email but couldn't figure out how to post an actual review. I'm sure they won't post it!

Review:

I received my purchase (a sectional, a large dresser with a mirror, 6 drawer dresser, 2 nightstands, and a king size bed together around $3000) on December 17th but the delivery company damaged some of it. I sent back the bed, a night stand and the mirror. Every time I call they tell me they're working on it and the holidays have slowed things down. 2 days...Christmas Day and New Years Day have held it up an entire month!

I asked if I could just return it since it has been so long but the said it's a 25% non negotiable refund fee!!! The have not cared at all. Not that I want to ever buy from them again but they could have shown a little customer service and offered some store credit or a discount...something for the trouble I have been dealing with. Also, they didn't offer any sort of understanding to the matter.

Pam Lubin, the woman I've been dealing with, keeps saying she can call and get an update and that's all she can do. I have been more than patient! They are a horrible business and I'm reporting them to the BBB today. In addition to all of that, the "reputable delivery company" the used to deliver and set up my furniture tried selling me a mattress from "some side work he does" it made me very uncomfortable!!

They walked around my house in places they didn't belong and when I refused the furniture he got really agitated. I would NEVER recommend this company. I have read numerous reviews since my purchase and have read nothing but complaints about customer service. 100% Customer Satisfaction is a joke.

I asked Pam Lubin to speak to a manager and she said she was the supervisor and that I can talk to her.

Obviously she has not been helpful and she does not care about customer service. This is a perfect example of what NOT to do as a business!

Damaged or defective
Review #578989 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer578989.

Coleman Furniture - Power Sofa Set Review from Logan Township, New Jersey

Ordered power sofa and loveseat from them said 2-3 week delivery time, call within a week that delivery was ready, got rid of old furniture delivery guys showed up looking like they were just let out of prison, tried shoving furniture (sofa)through doorway destroyed it, called to see if I could accept loveseat only, they called delivery company told them I called and pissed delivery guys off. Needless to say they ripped the arm off of the loveseat so now I'm left with no furn for my planned birthday/retirement party, called Coleman they put me on hold after 15 I hung up and never heard back from them .

Thank god I used a good credit card and was refunded the total amount, also glad I have camera system and a law officer living next door incase of any Repercussions from coleman or delivery co persons, what a nightmare!

Beware of thier low price and free delivery promise ! Their real name I found out is Renegade furn.

Read

Which credit card company as this is the path I am pursuing?

Logan Township, New Jersey
Damaged or defective
Review #569415 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer569415.
2.0

Coleman Furniture - TOTAL FRAUD, Unusable Sectional Delivered, and want us to pay....

Delivered sectional that will not fit together, wants to replace parts in particle board, and have us do it? Or wait months until delivery people can replace parts? As if replacing parts in a particle board base will be stable or is a valid

Unusable sectional, and totally unsatisfactory customer service, rude, abrasive, and predatory. Shipping was way overdue and to receive a defective product on top was a horrifying development.

We refused shipment and Coleman (RENEGADE) now wants to charge us a restocking fee of 25%, zero communication, very late shipping.

This company uses funds collected for other endeavors is our belief, we are filing federal fraud charges.

STAY AWAY!!!! A VERY BAD BUSINESS. Class Action Anyone?

Read

I am auditor (CPA and CFE) & I deal with insurance regulation. I have actually talked to a family member who is a class action attorney but not in this line of work.

However, I am getting some good advice and going down this avenue. With a class action suit you will not get all of your money due to attorney fees but we can get this company to quit doing this to others. It is just a matter of getting it going. I believe (from my auditing standpoint ) they have a ponzai type scheme going as you suggested whereby they deliver defective or refurbished furniture from the get go and then get the consumer to reject it and offer to repair it for them.

The process takes so painfully long and is frustrating to the point the consumer gives in and pays the restocking fee. Now the company can resell this furniture again and has collected a portion of your money. It is a total fraudulent activity.

It just needs to be reported and audited. How far have you gotten with the feds?

Fraud
Full refund
Review #566847 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer566847.

Coleman Furniture in Tega Cay, South Carolina - My Sectional doe not fix together! Horrible customer service!

When my sectional was delivered, we noticed that when it was connected, there was a huge gap between two of the pieces. It looks terrible.

Plus, on the recliners, when reclined, there is a huge gap that I literally fall into. This info was written on the delivery sheet by the shipping company. They contacted me within a few days to a week, and asked for pictures, which I sent. This was back in October.

I never heard back, so I sent them an email. They said the photos they received were not of the product. I sent the photos again and never heard back from them. I have sent several emails with no response.

Needless to say I still have a brand new leather sectional that looks terrible. Very unsatisfied.

carolsyler
Tega Cay, South Carolina
replacement of defective pieces
Review #566006 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Coleman Furniture - The worst customer service Ive ever experinced

I order a set of red leather movies chairs from Coleman Furniture, once I received the conformation, I never heard from the company again. I initiated calls to the no customer service department for three weeks, and keep getting the same reply, the that Coleman will contact me when the order was placed.

At that point three weeks had already passed.

I then decided to cancel my order, the customer no service rep said that I would be charged a 25% restocking fee, "What", I explained to customer no service that the it has been three weeks since I placed the order and the chairs not been scheduled to be shipped, I contacted credit card company to get money back. Don't every buy from this company.

Read
Review #561139 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer561139.
1.3

Coleman Furniture in Morgantown, West Virginia - YOU WILL REGRET DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY

Ordered a Rolwing Raddish Queen Storage bed. It arrived with damaged side rails so the boxes sat on my floor for 2+ months.

The moving company finally assembled the bed today, AND IT IS NOT A STORAGE BED. There are no drawers!! I did NOT get what I paid for, even though I ordered in August and waited for the delivery until mid-November. I've furnished my whole house online.

This is the only bad experience I've ever had. THIS COMPANY SUCKS!

You buy at your own risk. I never will again, and I'll raise *** until I get a refund.

chickiewv
I didn’t like
Product was not as described
Not as described
Full refund
Review #558216 is a subjective opinion of poster.