Coleman Furniture in Buffalo, Illinois - Recliner had a hole in the fabric

The furniture was delivered right before Thanksgiving. I checked it out as quickly as possible because the delivery guys were in a hurry.

I didn't recline the chair until a few minutes after they left. I found the hole in the fabric 10 minutes after they left. I called Coleman Furniture & reported it. After several calls & emails, they finally sent the correct part which was replacement fabric.

However, they refuse to pay someone to actually fix the chair. They said that's my responsibility. I told them that this was damaged when it was delivered. The rude lady on the line told me that I signed the paper that indicated everything was OK.

I told her that I didn't have time to inspect it thoroughly because the delivery guys were in a huge hurry to get going. I have called several times as well as emailed them.

They refuse to back up their satisfaction guarantee. Do not buy from them !!

Buffalo, Illinois
Price
Preferred solution
I want a new recliner delivered free of charge or I want Coleman Furniture to pay for someone to fix the recliner I have.
Review #613132 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer613132.

Coleman Furniture in El Paso, Texas - Horrible delivery time and misrepresentation of furniture

Larkinhurst Sectional sofa was shown as a tan/brown, when I received the sectional, it was dark brown...Ashley would not take it back, they gave me a credit. Since I was STUCK with this sectional I ordered the Recliner (as my other end tables, chairs did not match). I am STILL waiting for the recliner....would NEVER buy from this company again. They blame the delay's on everyone else. It took 6 weeks for the sectional and I am on the 7th week for the recliner.

The sectional is not well made (Ashley) and I am afraid of what the recliner will look like. SMH

Customer service at Coleman was horrible. No one knew what was going on....then they would tell me, "no they did not say that"....what a rip off!

Read

I also ordered the Larkinhurst Earth sectional -- it shows a pretty tan color... and, even in the Ashley Home Furniture store it is light tan --- But, I found the exact same piece at Evansville Overstock Warehouse, and was shocked at the color difference --- It is the lighting at the stores --- I should have known, because 5 years ago I ordered a sofa that when it was finally delivered, I thought that they had the wrong order....

because it was soooo dark, compared to the one in the store.... but, it was the same item....

so, yes, I was stuck with it ...

Beware of colors in the furniture stores..... try to take a pillow home or fabric sample, and you will see the HUGE difference...

Not as described
Review #612531 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer612531.

Coleman Furniture - Customer Care Review from Fort Myers, Florida

Company works with delivery company which is fine, but they are very restricted to delivery and only offer delivery on restricted days 2 out of the 6 days. They charge a restocking fee of 25% if you cannot coordinate a schedule.

This company is no good. They do not care about the customers and they are more interested in contacting with a delivery company where it is convenient for them & not the customer.

I will never order from Coleman again. They are a horrible company.

lol ease buy somewhere else. Too many places to choose from.

Ksanta
Problem with delivery
Review #607336 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Coleman Furniture in Matthews, North Carolina - Bed has Manufacturer Defects, Shipping company TERRIBLE

"WORST COMPANY EVER!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THESE LOSERS!!!

They will be happy to take your money and then do nothing to help you get it back when the delivery gets screwed up and the product is damaged... they still have the nerve to say that they will charge you a 25% restocking fee. Even though this is no where on the check out of their products and they were the ones with all the issues. They shipped me a damaged bed.

The shipping company they use is probably the worst company ever. They actually tried to deliver my bed at 1:30AM yes AM!!! They were 24 hours late from there allotted delivery window and then laughed at me when I got upset. WTF!!!

WORST COMPANY EVER! Currently working with pay-pal on a dispute over this. Terrible!!!

BEWARE. "

Customer service, Fraud, Deception, Lies, Product is not as described
Bad quality
Full refund
Review #602447 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer602447.

Coleman Furniture in Bonita Springs, Florida - Liars

We needed to cancel our order. We called before it was charged or shipped.

They said no problem because it was going to be another month as it was back ordered. No restock fee because it had not shipped. Two days later they charged our card and now they claim they never talked to us. We called on a cell phone and have the call record but they still say we didn't cancel.

If we refuse delivery they will charge over $300 restock fee. They suggest we resell it ourselves.

I just hope it is not damaged after reading the nightmares from others. Buyer beware.

Order processing issue
Review #600378 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer600378.

Coleman Furniture - Absolute Crooks DO NOT BUY from this company

Purchase ashley leather/wood trim sofa set(northshore dark)..2 wks before xmas, was told 1 pc was not avail. til after 1st..

so we waited 4 weeks to get the set.. when the delivery finally happened, they opened the box and it was not leather and wood it was cheap durablend and composite plastic to look like wood. Refused delivery.. called explained that it was not what I ordered...

got the run around they told me that it is what I ordered... so I sent the copy and pasted ad from there web page that is states ALL Leather with Wood Trim accents, they informed me that is does not state ALL wood Trim.... LOL really..and then wanted to charge me $800.00 restock fee. called my credit card co.

explained they did a charge back and said best thing to do is cancel my credit card so they cannot try to charge back at a later date.

so I did... Ha Colemans is a rip off co.

wonder how many restocking fees they suckered people out of.

Scammers
Not as described
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #594275 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer594275.

Coleman Furniture in Monroe, New York - Damaged my floors and forged my signature to confirm receipt

I ordered a couch from Coleman furniture. When the movers delivered the couch the folding bed popped out and scratched my floating floors.

They then went on to forge my signature on the receipt form to avoid being help responsible. I have called multiple time to try and resolve this issue but am being giving the runaround by Coleman Furniture and Mahwah Movers. After multiple calls and several months Coleman has done nothing to resolve the issues or take any accountability.

They simply stating that it is the mover's responsibility and hide behind the terrible mover they use as a shield.

Lies, Customer service, Deception, Delivery service, Fraud
Problem with delivery
Review #593102 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer593102.
1.6

Coleman Furniture, price is right, but furniture and delivery is wrong

On December 15th, 2014 I ordered a high end leather furniture set from Coleman Furniture. At the time of order I was told it would take about 2 weeks, possibly three to arrive.

Because it was close to the holidays, and it would not arrive prior too, I was not in a rush to receive it until after the New Year. The New Year came and went, and I was notified that the furniture arrived at the delivery warehouse and they were "inspecting" it. Then it would be repackaged and delivery would be set up. So, I made arrangements to have old furniture removed that following weekend, and delivery should have been the following week.

After long and heated arguments, there would not be delivery this week as the delivery company only delivers every other week. Ok, so impatiently waited for the following week. Keep in mind, now over a week zero furniture in our living room. Finally day arrives, and furniture is delivered.

MUCH to my surprise when love seat was opened, it had a huge hold punched through the side....It was then tossed on the street, which was loaded with snow slush and salt. Next up the couch, the damage was far more extensive, a cut almost the entire length down the front into the leather. The chair was opened and it had a minor scratch. So we refused delivery.

Now they are telling me that they will "repair" the damage... I was told again, that a technician would be at the delivery warehouse to repair damages this past Monday, well, another lie...He was there to assess the damage and it was too extensive to repair, and leather needs to be replaced. This past Monday makes 7 weeks that I paid in cash/ via Pay Pal and still no furniture. Today I am told I have to wait again for parts to arrive from Ashley to repair the suit, and then another wait to schedule another attempt to deliver.

Coleman offered me an insulting$150.00 for compensation of my time. They insist that the furniture is still brand new.

I have no recourse as they threatened me with the 25% restocking fee... and I am told if I file a claim with Pay Pal, it will not do anything....

Verity of products
Deception
Price reduction
Review #590594 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer590594.

Coleman Furniture in San Antonio, Texas - Buyer Beware

DO NOT PURCHASE ANY FURNITURE FROM THIS COMPANY!! Even if it's significant cheaper than competitive.

You will most certainly end up paying much more in fustration and headache. This company use unscrupulous buisness tactics and policies to swindle unexpecting consumers out of hard earned money. They have a notorious reputation for sending defective and damaged furniture that is is need of immediate repair or replacement. Their policy gives them the discretion to have pieces repaired; therefore, they are using a loophole into selling the consumer refubrished furniture.

If you refuse the refurbished piece they threaten to charge a 25% restocking fee and shipping charges for damaged furniture. The reason they say they are obligated to charge a 25% restockng fee is the manufacturer requires they do so. Here is why I say that is nothing more than a bold face lie and nothing less than a unethical tactic to scare consumers into keeping damaged or accepting refubrished furniture paid at prices for brand new. Coleman furniture or Renegade furniture do not work for manufacturers or solicit buisness for them.

They order pieces from manufacturer at wholesale prices. The pieces come with a manufacturer warranty for manufacturer defects and damages only. Essentially, Coleman furniture pays and own the pieces just as we pay for and take possesion of pieces we purchase from furniture stores. Now any damage caused by delivery company during transit or during assembly as in my case, the manufacturer is not responsible or liable.

This is the very reason Coleman Furniture would have insurance and be able to file claim with delivery company if there is any damage caused by an outside party other than manufacturer. Furniture companies or online retailers also have agreements with the shipping companies regarding damage caused due to shipping, error, neglect or carelesneess to where they will be reimbursed by company insurance for replacement or to recoup their losses if customer refuses damage item. Coleman Furniture is cheating consumers and often leaving them with the option to accept repaired or reburshided furniture or pay ridiculous charges for not accepting damaged furniture. The restocking fee is absolutely fallacious as they will not restock damaged furniture (given this company's reputation and shady practices maybe they will) nor is the manufacturer making them charge this fee as the manufacturer will not accept liability for damage or defects that are not their fault.

Once Coleman furniture purchased piece from manufacturer all liabilty is transfered to Coleman minus warranty for manufacturer defects or damage. So the lie or the blame game that "the manufacturer requires us to charge this fee" Coleman furniture tries to tell/run is absurd and absolulety untrue. The white glove service they offer is an absolute joke as the delivery man sent to assemble your furniture are no "highly trained" than you are, and they try to remove themselves from all responsibility or liability from faulty assembly. The reason I say try is because under the Terms of Service you agree to before purchasing mentions nothing regarding damage caused by faulty and inept assembly and legally you are only bound to what you read and agreed to.

Also the restocking fee for damage goods (still asinine) is 10% under terms of service you are required to accept before placing order. They will tell you a different story. Also if you piece is repaired because of damage outside of manufactuer warranty (ie damage from butchered assembly), your manufacturer warranty becomes null and void. However, Coleman furniture will tell you otherwise and ensure the warranty is still in tact.

LIES!! If you have already made the mistake of purchasing from them, get every single thing they say or promise in writing. Take pictures and be very detailed regarding any damage on delivery manifest. If they try to repair, get name of repair shop or technician.

Find out if they are certified and qualified to make repairs. Find out what pieces and materials are being used as all repairs (as they say) must meet or exceed manufacturer standards. This company's policies are broaderline criminal. They are unethical and shady.

Save your money or spend a little more purchasing from a more reputable company who will not try to fleece you and sell you second-hand furniture.

They are not BBB accredited and have a rating of D+ for a reason. They will not publish negative reviews on their site, but there are plenty on the BBB website for your reading pleasure.

Full refund
Review #586295 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer586295.
1.8

Coleman Furniture - Not properly assembled item is called based on standard !!!

We submit our order in August. We received part of the order in October and the rest of the order mid December !!!

But the coffee tables were not assembled properly so we refuse to accept those. After 3 weeks no call from coleman furniture we called them to follow up. Their answer was that they are going to send their "TECHNICIAN" to the site so he/she can inspect the items before being redelivered. But guess what after 2 weeks we have been sent some photos of the tables that are getting ready to be delivered.

The tables in the pictures was same as what was delivered and rejected already. ( I should add that my parents have the same set so I am well aware of how these tables should be! )

Now after 6 months I am asking for refund on the tables or tables in good condition.

BUT I will receive my money with 25% deduction or I can receive the same tables !!!

What a business !

If only if I could find the real people in charge to speak to. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE BUSINESS TO COLEMAN FURNITURE.

Verity of products
Delivery window, Customer service, Fraud, Lies, Return policy
Poor customer service
Full refund
Review #585889 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer585889.