Coleman Furniture - Customer Care Review from Fort Myers, Florida

Company works with delivery company which is fine, but they are very restricted to delivery and only offer delivery on restricted days 2 out of the 6 days. They charge a restocking fee of 25% if you cannot coordinate a schedule.

This company is no good. They do not care about the customers and they are more interested in contacting with a delivery company where it is convenient for them & not the customer.

I will never order from Coleman again. They are a horrible company.

lol ease buy somewhere else. Too many places to choose from.

Ksanta
Problem with delivery
Review #607336 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Coleman Furniture in Matthews, North Carolina - Bed has Manufacturer Defects, Shipping company TERRIBLE

"WORST COMPANY EVER!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THESE LOSERS!!!

They will be happy to take your money and then do nothing to help you get it back when the delivery gets screwed up and the product is damaged... they still have the nerve to say that they will charge you a 25% restocking fee. Even though this is no where on the check out of their products and they were the ones with all the issues. They shipped me a damaged bed.

The shipping company they use is probably the worst company ever. They actually tried to deliver my bed at 1:30AM yes AM!!! They were 24 hours late from there allotted delivery window and then laughed at me when I got upset. WTF!!!

WORST COMPANY EVER! Currently working with pay-pal on a dispute over this. Terrible!!!

BEWARE. "

Customer service, Fraud, Deception, Lies, Product is not as described
Bad quality
Full refund
Review #602447 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer602447.

Coleman Furniture in Bonita Springs, Florida - Liars

We needed to cancel our order. We called before it was charged or shipped.

They said no problem because it was going to be another month as it was back ordered. No restock fee because it had not shipped. Two days later they charged our card and now they claim they never talked to us. We called on a cell phone and have the call record but they still say we didn't cancel.

If we refuse delivery they will charge over $300 restock fee. They suggest we resell it ourselves.

I just hope it is not damaged after reading the nightmares from others. Buyer beware.

Order processing issue
Review #600378 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer600378.

Coleman Furniture - Absolute Crooks DO NOT BUY from this company

Purchase ashley leather/wood trim sofa set(northshore dark)..2 wks before xmas, was told 1 pc was not avail. til after 1st..

so we waited 4 weeks to get the set.. when the delivery finally happened, they opened the box and it was not leather and wood it was cheap durablend and composite plastic to look like wood. Refused delivery.. called explained that it was not what I ordered...

got the run around they told me that it is what I ordered... so I sent the copy and pasted ad from there web page that is states ALL Leather with Wood Trim accents, they informed me that is does not state ALL wood Trim.... LOL really..and then wanted to charge me $800.00 restock fee. called my credit card co.

explained they did a charge back and said best thing to do is cancel my credit card so they cannot try to charge back at a later date.

so I did... Ha Colemans is a rip off co.

wonder how many restocking fees they suckered people out of.

Scammers
Not as described
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #594275 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer594275.

Coleman Furniture in Monroe, New York - Damaged my floors and forged my signature to confirm receipt

I ordered a couch from Coleman furniture. When the movers delivered the couch the folding bed popped out and scratched my floating floors.

They then went on to forge my signature on the receipt form to avoid being help responsible. I have called multiple time to try and resolve this issue but am being giving the runaround by Coleman Furniture and Mahwah Movers. After multiple calls and several months Coleman has done nothing to resolve the issues or take any accountability.

They simply stating that it is the mover's responsibility and hide behind the terrible mover they use as a shield.

Lies, Customer service, Deception, Delivery service, Fraud
Problem with delivery
Review #593102 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer593102.
1.6

Coleman Furniture, price is right, but furniture and delivery is wrong

On December 15th, 2014 I ordered a high end leather furniture set from Coleman Furniture. At the time of order I was told it would take about 2 weeks, possibly three to arrive.

Because it was close to the holidays, and it would not arrive prior too, I was not in a rush to receive it until after the New Year. The New Year came and went, and I was notified that the furniture arrived at the delivery warehouse and they were "inspecting" it. Then it would be repackaged and delivery would be set up. So, I made arrangements to have old furniture removed that following weekend, and delivery should have been the following week.

After long and heated arguments, there would not be delivery this week as the delivery company only delivers every other week. Ok, so impatiently waited for the following week. Keep in mind, now over a week zero furniture in our living room. Finally day arrives, and furniture is delivered.

MUCH to my surprise when love seat was opened, it had a huge hold punched through the side....It was then tossed on the street, which was loaded with snow slush and salt. Next up the couch, the damage was far more extensive, a cut almost the entire length down the front into the leather. The chair was opened and it had a minor scratch. So we refused delivery.

Now they are telling me that they will "repair" the damage... I was told again, that a technician would be at the delivery warehouse to repair damages this past Monday, well, another lie...He was there to assess the damage and it was too extensive to repair, and leather needs to be replaced. This past Monday makes 7 weeks that I paid in cash/ via Pay Pal and still no furniture. Today I am told I have to wait again for parts to arrive from Ashley to repair the suit, and then another wait to schedule another attempt to deliver.

Coleman offered me an insulting$150.00 for compensation of my time. They insist that the furniture is still brand new.

I have no recourse as they threatened me with the 25% restocking fee... and I am told if I file a claim with Pay Pal, it will not do anything....

I liked
Verity of products
Deception
Damaged or defective
Price reduction
Review #590594 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer590594.

Coleman Furniture in San Antonio, Texas - Buyer Beware

DO NOT PURCHASE ANY FURNITURE FROM THIS COMPANY!! Even if it's significant cheaper than competitive.

You will most certainly end up paying much more in fustration and headache. This company use unscrupulous buisness tactics and policies to swindle unexpecting consumers out of hard earned money. They have a notorious reputation for sending defective and damaged furniture that is is need of immediate repair or replacement. Their policy gives them the discretion to have pieces repaired; therefore, they are using a loophole into selling the consumer refubrished furniture.

If you refuse the refurbished piece they threaten to charge a 25% restocking fee and shipping charges for damaged furniture. The reason they say they are obligated to charge a 25% restockng fee is the manufacturer requires they do so. Here is why I say that is nothing more than a bold face lie and nothing less than a unethical tactic to scare consumers into keeping damaged or accepting refubrished furniture paid at prices for brand new. Coleman furniture or Renegade furniture do not work for manufacturers or solicit buisness for them.

They order pieces from manufacturer at wholesale prices. The pieces come with a manufacturer warranty for manufacturer defects and damages only. Essentially, Coleman furniture pays and own the pieces just as we pay for and take possesion of pieces we purchase from furniture stores. Now any damage caused by delivery company during transit or during assembly as in my case, the manufacturer is not responsible or liable.

This is the very reason Coleman Furniture would have insurance and be able to file claim with delivery company if there is any damage caused by an outside party other than manufacturer. Furniture companies or online retailers also have agreements with the shipping companies regarding damage caused due to shipping, error, neglect or carelesneess to where they will be reimbursed by company insurance for replacement or to recoup their losses if customer refuses damage item. Coleman Furniture is cheating consumers and often leaving them with the option to accept repaired or reburshided furniture or pay ridiculous charges for not accepting damaged furniture. The restocking fee is absolutely fallacious as they will not restock damaged furniture (given this company's reputation and shady practices maybe they will) nor is the manufacturer making them charge this fee as the manufacturer will not accept liability for damage or defects that are not their fault.

Once Coleman furniture purchased piece from manufacturer all liabilty is transfered to Coleman minus warranty for manufacturer defects or damage. So the lie or the blame game that "the manufacturer requires us to charge this fee" Coleman furniture tries to tell/run is absurd and absolulety untrue. The white glove service they offer is an absolute joke as the delivery man sent to assemble your furniture are no "highly trained" than you are, and they try to remove themselves from all responsibility or liability from faulty assembly. The reason I say try is because under the Terms of Service you agree to before purchasing mentions nothing regarding damage caused by faulty and inept assembly and legally you are only bound to what you read and agreed to.

Also the restocking fee for damage goods (still asinine) is 10% under terms of service you are required to accept before placing order. They will tell you a different story. Also if you piece is repaired because of damage outside of manufactuer warranty (ie damage from butchered assembly), your manufacturer warranty becomes null and void. However, Coleman furniture will tell you otherwise and ensure the warranty is still in tact.

LIES!! If you have already made the mistake of purchasing from them, get every single thing they say or promise in writing. Take pictures and be very detailed regarding any damage on delivery manifest. If they try to repair, get name of repair shop or technician.

Find out if they are certified and qualified to make repairs. Find out what pieces and materials are being used as all repairs (as they say) must meet or exceed manufacturer standards. This company's policies are broaderline criminal. They are unethical and shady.

Save your money or spend a little more purchasing from a more reputable company who will not try to fleece you and sell you second-hand furniture.

They are not BBB accredited and have a rating of D+ for a reason. They will not publish negative reviews on their site, but there are plenty on the BBB website for your reading pleasure.

Damaged or defective
Full refund
Review #586295 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer586295.
1.8

Coleman Furniture - Not properly assembled item is called based on standard !!!

We submit our order in August. We received part of the order in October and the rest of the order mid December !!!

But the coffee tables were not assembled properly so we refuse to accept those. After 3 weeks no call from coleman furniture we called them to follow up. Their answer was that they are going to send their "TECHNICIAN" to the site so he/she can inspect the items before being redelivered. But guess what after 2 weeks we have been sent some photos of the tables that are getting ready to be delivered.

The tables in the pictures was same as what was delivered and rejected already. ( I should add that my parents have the same set so I am well aware of how these tables should be! )

Now after 6 months I am asking for refund on the tables or tables in good condition.

BUT I will receive my money with 25% deduction or I can receive the same tables !!!

What a business !

If only if I could find the real people in charge to speak to. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE BUSINESS TO COLEMAN FURNITURE.

I liked
Verity of products
Delivery window, Customer service, Fraud, Lies, Return policy
Poor customer service
Full refund
Review #585889 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer585889.
Resolved
1.7

Resolved: Coleman Furniture in Rehoboth, Massachusetts - Bunch of Crooks/Frauds BEWARE

Update by user Jan 22, 2015

**Update**. Late last night and this morning they called me and told me they were able to speak with the manufacturer, who is the one who charges them a fee which they then pass on to the customer when an order has already been packed up and/or left their warehouse and a customer cancels.

They were able to get the restocking fee to not be charged to me, which is all I wanted done. I still find the whole timing and situation peculiar, but I will let it go and am satisfied that they resolved it. Therefore I have taken down my original review, but I will still advise to be very aware of their restocking fee policy, and backordered items with their suppliers.

The shipping issues I had with my order is what made me cancel after not getting it for close to two months. I understand the product is coming from their supplier, but they should have stock info on their website.

Original review posted by user Jan 21, 2015

Ordered a dining set from their website on 11/22/14. Received a call on 11/26!! saying that the set was back-ordered until February 2015. Why not have that message on the site? So I ordered another table on 12/2/14, and explicitly asked if the set was IN STOCK. They assured me it was and I would have it in my hands in 2-3 weeks. Then I get a call on 12/10!!! that the table would take about 5 weeks! Would never have ordered it if that was the case, was told it was in stock. I said ok, that I would wait. And then I waited....and waited.....and waited. Never received updates from them, had to keep calling. 5 weeks past, still no table.

I called back on 01/16/15, two days after the five week limit past, to cancel my order and tell them I was going to go to a local place and buy something because I had been without a table for 2 months now. The woman I spoke with, a manager, told me that the manufacturer said it would now ship out on 1/26/15!!! After having been given multiple shipping date updates along the way that never came to fruition, I gave up on the order. I said I wanted to cancel, told her why, and she then pleaded and fought with me not to cancel, offering me a free warranty plan or something. She said she would try to get it rushed, but in all likelihood it would ship the week of 1/26. I said I still wanted to cancel and that I was just going to buy from a local shop, but she continued to fight and almost basically refused to cancel it for me. She said she would call me on 1/26 to see if I still wanted to go ahead with the order. I said ok, I suppose I can do that, and to put the free protection plan on the order, but told her in all likelihood I was just going to get something from a local place and still cancel at the time she called. She said ok not a problem, or something to that effect, and we hung up.

I then went to a local place who said they could get me something in 3-4 days! I purchased it and then called to cancel the order from Coleman on 1/21. The woman I first spoke with basically would not allow me to cancel, and that I had to wait until the manager called me on 1/26 because they were trying to make the order happen and that it would ship out that week; she basically tried to delay and make me wait until 1/26 and was not cooperating with me. I was like what, that makes no sense. I caused a stink, said that is still too late and that I want to cancel right now, not on 1/26, and she put me on hold. She then came back a few minutes later saying she spoke to the manager I first spoke with and that they were sorry they couldn't fulfill the order, that they were cancelling, and then I said thank you and hung up.

Then I get a call back from the manager who then tells me that she was just working on the order, and that the manufacturer had the dining set in stock now, and was ready to ship it out to the delivery company. Hmmm, very odd timing that she was just working on the order at the very time that I called to cancel, don't you think? And she never called to update me on this, until after I called to cancel? I said well I'm sorry but I still want to cancel and she said well unfortunately, it's going to be a 25% restocking fee if you cancel because the manufacturer has it in stock now and is ready to ship!! What??!!! I've been waiting 2 months for this and the day I call to cancel it somehow it is now in stock, 5 minutes after I just called to cancel the order? Mind you they already said they were cancelling my order, then manager called me back saying she was just working on my order and now I couldn't cancel because it was now magically in stock???

So now I have to pay around $400 bucks for a dining set I never received, never had in my hands. She said she was working on the order to get it rushed out, and I said well you said you would call on 1/26 to confirm that it would ship that week, and if I still wanted the order, and now, on the very day I call to cancel - 5 days before 1/26 mind you - she calls me 5 minutes after I cancel the order to tell me the set is in stock and ready to ship out this week. And if I wanted to cancel I would have to pay 25% restocking - why should I pay restocking when I don't have any goods, and nothing has been shipped yet??!! So I'll end with this - how is it that, after waiting two months for this, on the day I call to cancel, and then get a confirmation from a rep on the phone that the order is cancelled, that the manager then calls me back 5 minutes later to tell me that she was just working on my order and that it is in stock ready to ship, and that if I cancelled I was subject to 25% restocking fee? Mind you the manager never called me to tell me that it was now in stock UNTIL AFTER I HAD CALLED AND CANCELLED THE ORDER - never called me before that!!! Quite the coincidence that she was just working on it the second I called and cancelled. Sounds like they were mad I decided to purchase elsewhere and cancel, so the first rep was trying to delay my cancellation until 1/26 to give the manager more time to work on the order, and then after finally cancelling it (after the rep spoke with the manager!!) because I was making stink, the manager then magically said oh wait, I was just working on this and we now have it in stock and are going to charge you a 25% restocking fee. I will fight this fee tooth and nail!!

jcostas81
Rehoboth, Massachusetts
I didn’t like
Policies, Customer service, Fraud, Out of stock products, Deception, Lies, Restocking fee, Backordered
Problems with payment
Review #585103 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Coleman Furniture in North Charleston, South Carolina - HAPPY CUSTOMER

I was hesitant to order online, especially after reading some reviews, but I was saving over $700 on a leather sofa and loveseat that I saw in my local furniture store. I placed the order in Dec, with a 3-4 week delivery date.

I received the furniture in 4 weeks. Coleman kept me updated the whole time. When I called, I always reached a person and they were able to help me. It was much harder to get in touch with the delivery service.

They operated mostly by voicemail, and of the two times I called, the first time my call was returned in 1 day, and next call was 6 days later. I had a small problem with the delivery, but Coleman called them immediately and cleared it up. If you choose to buy online, all I can say is be patient. The process does move slower than if you bought at a store.

However, I did a lot of research and found that a bulk of the complaints about any store...online or in person...was with the delivery company, not the actual store. I hope this helps.

Read

Based on all the other horrible reviews, I am certain this had to be written by an employee of the Company. I cannot imagine someone would come on this site to give praise to an otherwise known crooked company. Shame on you for trolling this site Coleman Furniture.

Fast order processing
Review #582704 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer582704.