Coleman Furniture in Redding, California - Defective sofa, 3 months to repair, re-delivered with exterior damage, 25% restocking fees plus round trip delivery fees!

This review is for Coleman Furniture 333 Washington Ave.,Cedarhurst NY 11516.

We ordered a recliner and sofa from Coleman Furniture on Jan.20 2015. We received our order around March 20. We accepted the recliner but rejected the sofa. Upon testing the power reclining feature it started to malfunction. Upon investigation we discovered that 2 bolt heads had sheared off and one of the levers was hanging free.

I asked to be sent a replacement sofa but was told I had to accept a repair of the same sofa. Three months go buy and we finally get our sofa (5 months from date of order). Before it is even unwrapped we see that one corner of the sofa has been scuffed to the point where the leather is completely rubbed off. The area is about the 1" by 2" in size. We are obviously disappointed to say the least.

At this point we simply want our money back on the sofa. We call Coleman the next day. They say that Felice is in a meeting but she will call us back later in the day. We offer to send pictures of the damage. No one calls back. Two days later we call again. Felice is in a meeting.

We were patient and waited for a repair of the sofa. In the mean time it gets damaged. We don't want to pay for a repaired sofa with a patch on it. We paid for a new sofa in new condition.

After reading there warranty my understanding is the following. If you return the furniture they charge you a 25% restocking fee. You also are charged for the original shipping that had been free and for the return shipping (or as they put it roundtrip shipping). In our case we have been told that they will not accept the return of the sofa by itself. We must also return the recliner at our own expense.

They state in there warranty that they inspect the furniture before shipping to make sure it is in perfect condition. They also state that the items are professionally packaged to prevent damage. When our sofa came back it was not packaged like it had been the first time it was delivered. It only had one end wrapped in cardboard so it could be stood on end. It only had a blanket on the front side and not the rear. Besides that it was wrapped in cellophane which doesn't provide much protection.

The delivery people actually pointed out the damage as I think they wanted us to know that that they didn't cause it and didn't want to be liable. The damage had been wrapped over with the cellophane but it was visible underneath. We inspected the sofa thoroughly at the first delivery and did not see the damaged corner. It is clear that it happened after we sent it back and before we received it the second time. I believe that it happened before they wrapped it to be delivered. Hard to believe that Coleman who inspects for perfect condition could miss the damage. It seems to me they feel they have us on a hook with there warranty and can force us to accept a damaged sofa. Sending both pieces back with all the charges would run me close to what I paid with no furniture to show for it.

Lesson of my experience: If you order from Coleman and have any problems with the furniture they will try to force you to accept a repair that might not be acceptable to you like a patch job on a sofa they damaged. You might wait a long time for repairs like I did. Your sofa might not be packaged according to Coleman's expertise by the delivery company that they use. And your furniture might get damaged waiting around at the delivery company to be fixed. As of this date we have not been contacted by Coleman regarding the unhappy saga of the to good to be true furniture deal. Wish I would have went with a local dealer. If I had it to do again I would have taken the price Coleman quoted me and asked Evans furniture to match it. I'd be willing to pay a few hundred dollars more not to be in the situation I'm in now. Shop at Coleman at your own risk. Read the warranty first. If you don't accept their remedy be ready to pay $25% restocking ($463.50) and round trip delivery fees (not sure if this is $300 or $300 each way making it $600 delivery fees). If they ever call me back maybe I can get clarification.

jimhuelman
Warranty, Damaged item
Warranty issue
Full refund
Review #652532 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Coleman Furniture in Schnecksville, Pennsylvania - Defective product, horrible customer service!

I know the prices are good, but don't do it! Worst customer service experience I have ever had.

Paid nearly $1000 for a storage bed for my son nearly two months ago and have yet to receive all the components. Original under bed drawers would not close so they picked them up and took 5 weeks to replace them, but sent ones that were missing all the handles and don't fit any better than the first set. They told me they would "expedite" the handles but have yet to see them. Customer service reps are rude, ignore calls and emails, and shift blame to anyone else but them.

They take your money and leave you hanging without so much as an apology. Call me crazy, but when I spend $1000 on a bed I expect the drawers to close and include handles.

Schnecksville, Pennsylvania
Horrible customer service
Price reduction
Review #646117 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer646117.

Coleman Furniture in Slidell, Louisiana - Factory Reject agreed

I ordered my furniture Ashley Lenoris signature collection 3 pc set on April 12th. 2015 On June 1,2015 the delivery company came with my delivery.

The sofa was refused because of defects. It had visible holes on both corners with Cushing showing, and staples that where visible under fabric. It also had scratch in fabric, and indents throughout. I receive an email that my furniture was received by delivery company and after inspection was complete extra padding and protection was being added before delivery.

If inspection was done this would have been noticed. Also the recliner had visible Cushing showing on the backside which I decided to accept. Not sure if this was a good decision on my part because I paid nearly $3000.00 for my purchase. I waited nearly 2 months for my purchase from Coleman's Furniture, and in the mean time was billed by my credit card for the purchase.

Now I have the recliner with some damage that I accept, and the sofa being returned and no telling how long before I will receive the replacement. This was my first furniture purchase online, I would not recommend, the savings was not worth the wait time, nor do I think I received value for my purchase. I do believe this to be seconds or factor rejects. I would advise against purchasing online.

Also I did call Colemans with my issues while delivery company was onsite and had to send pictures of the issues with my furniture. I expected better service than what I received. I was advised to send furniture back for repairs, and no consideration as to how long I waited to receive my order nor how long it would take to receive replace or repair to this brand new set that I receive.

So your going to have my brand new never used furniture repaired, how is that acceptable? I would use caution if you want new furniture don't buy online.

Craftsman ship
Damaged or defective
Review #644566 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer644566.

Coleman Furniture in San Mateo, California - Don't Buy - Factory-Rejected Furniture

*** Do NOT Buy From These Crooks ***

!!! They Sell Factory-Rejected Furniture !!!

The sofa I received was a factory-rejected item. The strap had loose threads and the arm cushion was slanted outward at the front and slanted inward at the back. The seat and back cushions were not very supportive. I regretted not to buy the sofa from a reputable source (Overstock.com) because this sofa ($1125) is obviously defective.

Shipping it back will cost me hundreds of dollars plus 25% restocking fees; they will also dare to charge $300 dollars for shipping a replacement when the (manufacturer) defects are later found. If you only find out those defects right after you sign the paper off to the delivery men, just like me, you are in very bad luck!

This company won't give you a straight refund for those defects. They will pocket in the manufacturer's claims and you will be left dancing in vain. Before you make any claim, they will also force you to sign an agreement that is to your disadvantage (go to their website to read their terms and conditions carefully that I didn't do before I placed my order).

In short, DON'T GIVE YOUR MONEY TO THESE CROOKS! Consider yourself warned.

Loss
Review #643825 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer643825.
2.2

Coleman Furniture in Ruston, Louisiana - Where is my furniture?

I received an e-mail asking me how I was enjoying the purchase of the Porter Entertainment Wall Unit today but I still have not received it. I purchased the Wall Unit on March 28, 2015 and I still have not received my purchase as of May 29th, 2015.

This item was originally scheduled for delivery on April 8th, but the shipping company found a manufacturer defect on the item, and delayed shipment on my purchase. This was fine as I wanted to make sure that the item was intact and functional when I received it. Delivery was rescheduled for May 19th, and the item was so damaged upon delivery that the shipper didn't even remove them item from the truck. The shipment was refused as per Coleman Furniture's Terms and Conditions and I have called and left several messages with Coleman Furniture to please give me a status update on when this will be rectified, but they have decided to leave this in the hands of the shipping company to handle.

I don't think that this is fair as I paid Coleman Furniture directly, not the shipping company, and they should be the ones dealing with this customer service issue.

Coleman Furniture has had my money for over 2 months and I have nothing to show for it. I have ordered from Coleman in the past, and luckily those items were not damaged during shipment, but this will be the last time that I order from Coleman Furniture unless they seriously revamp their customer service department and procedures.

Problem with delivery
Review #642157 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer642157.

Will Never Order From Coleman Furniture Again

Ordered and paid for dresser/nightstand in August 2014 .... 6 weeks later furniture came with dresser damaged (front corner broken off).

Refused dresser delivery .... took til November 2014 for them to redeliver dresser which was supposed to have been repaired ... NOT ... was in worse shape the 2nd time around.

Could not cancel order without a 25% stocking fee PLUS paying all the delivery charges. Got Visa involved which made them order me a new dresser ... after a million emails on my part ... they do NOT answer phone calls or emails for the most part ...

got my dresser in May 2015 ...

yep 9 months later. Horrible, horrible, horrible company.

Hayden, Colorado
Damaged or defective
Review #640218 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer640218.
3.0

Coleman Furniture in Evansville, Indiana - HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Yes, they may be cheaper than other places, but, I could not get a call or email to verify a discrepancy in price --- I had the salesperson's name and e-mail address -- he never would call or email me back -- the operator would transfer me to his "voice mail" and disconnect me --- Was transferred to a "manager", Carolyn, which of course, did not answer.... left a message for her and never called back....Absolutely pathetic --- I cancelled my order and hope you heed this warning....

that they are horrible to deal with ... and, I will gladly pay more for a company that cares.

Read

I received a call back from manager, Carolyn, who was very kind and helpful --- She is checking into my situation and trying to help me ----so, I will keep you informed if they are able to finally help me....

I didn’t like
Salesperson and customer service, Customer service
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #632405 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer632405.
Resolved

Resolved: Coleman Furniture - Loveseat frame bent during delivery - terrible customer service

Update by user Apr 24, 2015

Coleman Furniture offered a full refund of the purchase amount on April 24, 2015. Once the refund is processed we will be satisfied and considered the issue with the company resolved.

Original review posted by user Apr 21, 2015

We placed an order on January 28, 2015 for a sofa, loveseat and a recliner. We were initially told that it would take approximately three weeks for us to receive our furniture. The furniture was finally delivered on March 24, 2015. The sofa and the recliner made it into our home ok, but the delivery company dropped the loveseat over the edge of the tailgate of the truck causing the frame to bend. We refused the loveseat and filed a claim with Coleman Furniture. There's drama concerning how the claim was initially handled, and the end result was that the delivery team was fired.

Days after we filed the claim with Coleman Furniture and sent in pictures we were told that they were going to order a new frame. Days later we were told that the frame couldn't be repaired so they were ordering a replacement loveseat. Days after that we found out that they were going to try to repair the frame. I contacted the manufacturer and I was advised that the loveseat had been discontinued which explains why Coleman and the delivery company were suddenly trying to repair it. Countless times I was promised phone calls, pictures and a report. We never received anything. No one could tell us what was going on. I was the one that always had to initiate contact with Coleman and each person that I spoke to provided conflicting information. I don't know how a frame could go from not being able to be repaired to as good as new.

We initially just wanted a full refund or a store credit. We were more than happy to buy something different even if it cost more. The loveseat cost us $889 and Coleman told us that they were charging us a restocking fee of 25% and charge us for the delivery even though the delivery company are the ones that caused the problem. They only want to give us $495 back. This is not acceptable.

I filed a claim with the BBB on April 17th and of course I received a picture on April 20th. The picture is from the angle of where the frame was originally bent. There's torch marks in different areas of the frames, but the torch marks are on the opposite side of the loveseat than the original bend/damage. I have pictures that I took on March 24th. It's as if the frame was removed and put back on in the opposite direction. I can only speculate based on a single picture since I was never contacted by anyone or sent a report. There is no way that the frame looks as good as new. Based on the picture you can still see that the frame is bent. According to the manufacturer the warranty is now void because the loveseat was damaged while being delivered.

This situation wasn't handled well, and we feel like we are being taken advantage of. The loveseat was not delivered by a "trained professional delivery team". We have no confidence in Coleman or in the loveseat. The loveseat is a glider recliner which puts additional stress on the frame. We paid for a brand new loveseat. We did not pay for a damaged loveseat that was repaired using a hammer and a blow torch. The loveseat has been compromised and we do not want it in our home. It's been twelve weeks since we placed our order. We did not cause this problem yet everyone is acting like we are the problem. We are not satisfied, and we want a full refund of $889.

amberbruno
Restocking fee, Customer service, Delivery
Full refund
Review #625247 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Furniture Review

The are scammers and liars. They took my money over a month ago and are giving me the run around.

Don't trust or buy from them. You will regret it.

I'm thinking of getting my lawyer involved. And I'm going to every complaint website, scam website, and any review site to post my horrible experience.

Poor customer service
Review #614348 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer614348.

Coleman Furniture in Buffalo, Illinois - Recliner had a hole in the fabric

The furniture was delivered right before Thanksgiving. I checked it out as quickly as possible because the delivery guys were in a hurry.

I didn't recline the chair until a few minutes after they left. I found the hole in the fabric 10 minutes after they left. I called Coleman Furniture & reported it. After several calls & emails, they finally sent the correct part which was replacement fabric.

However, they refuse to pay someone to actually fix the chair. They said that's my responsibility. I told them that this was damaged when it was delivered. The rude lady on the line told me that I signed the paper that indicated everything was OK.

I told her that I didn't have time to inspect it thoroughly because the delivery guys were in a huge hurry to get going. I have called several times as well as emailed them.

They refuse to back up their satisfaction guarantee. Do not buy from them !!

Buffalo, Illinois
I liked
Price
Preferred solution
I want a new recliner delivered free of charge or I want Coleman Furniture to pay for someone to fix the recliner I have.
Review #613132 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer613132.