Coleman Furniture in Reno, Nevada - Read all the other reviews

I can only say read all the other complaints, which mirror my miserable experience, and you will know all you need to know. I have never dealt with anyone quite like this, and have a time seeing how they continue on.

I wish I had read all the reviews across various websites before I made the mistake of ordering. Nothing positive to say, at all.

Thank goodness AMEX is very aggressive about getting money back, so this mistake cost me nothing. If you enjoy ordering something and getting nothing, for who knows how long, this may be a good choice for you.

Poor customer service
Review #714516 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer714516.

Buyer Beware of Coleman Furniture

My order with Coleman Furniture was placed in January of 2015. Coleman offered the sectional sofa I had spotted at a local furniture store for about $100 less.

They also had some discounts available, basically the more you spent, the more you saved. I didn't really have the money to spend, but I took the bait anyway. I purchased the sofa, as well as a storage bed, nightstand, and mirror. The sofa arrived a couple of months after the initial purchase.

I am a very patient person, but when my emails checking on the status of the rest of the order were ignored, I became slightly irritated. Phone calls took me a little further, step by step, into the ocean of fury I am currently swimming in. If you call, prepare to be placed on hold. Expect to be transferred, only to be placed on hold again.

Ultimately, your questions will never be answered on the phone. You will, as I have, be assured a call-back in a timely manner. That call-back will not happen.

I have waited nearly 3 quarters of a year for my order to be complete.

I have requested a refund on several occasions now. This is a hopeless company to deal with.

Communication
Full refund
Review #697446 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer697446.

Coleman Furniture in Boca Raton, Florida - Horrible experience STAY AWAY!

After having a horrible experience with this company and writing a number of reviews they have now tried to entice me with a discount on future orders if I remove my reviews. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Why after never receiving any items and being charged a restock fee for absolutely no reason when I tried to cancel my order would I do business with you again?!? Its a shame companies like this exist and are able to conduct business in this fashion. They have admitted to doing wrong and I just want my money back.

Very frustrating and lots of time wasted. STAY AWAY!

Read

Why are you not having luck with your credit card company? This is the path I am pursuing.

I am currently reviewing our state statutes and going to see about small claims court and then seeking out a class action attorney based on the numerous complaints. I am in NV and we are next door to a very sue happy state, Cali :-) We need to take these people down and I will make it my mission!

I hate when I am had by a company. As an auditor, it is my duty to find fraudsters and I want them taken down!

@Anonymous

Let me know if you get anywhere with it I would be more than happy to supply you with my testimony. We are not the only people they have done this to!

This has still not been resolved. I continue to dispute with my credit card company.

Very disappointing.

djtanner
Whole experience
Full refund
Review #688007 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Coleman Furniture in Delray Beach, Florida - Worst experience ever please stay away

I have never had such a bad experience ordering anything in my life.

They gave me the run around for 2 months. After never receiving my item I cancelled my order which they charged me a restock fee for.

I never received any items from them. My item was out of stock the entire time and they kept advertising it as a sales item changing the price of it which im sure made others order the item as well.

Further I contacted howard miller the manufacturer of the item (since coleman is more or less a drop shipper) and they told me coleman/renegade never placed the order. Yet they want me to pay a re stock fee.

Coleman also refused to give any shipping info when requested.

Very poor customer service. Looks to be one of those companies that look at them selves as being so big they can do whatever they want.

Disappointing to say the least.

Read

Still dealing with this mess. Its been months. Upsetting to say the least.

djtanner
Customer service, Sales, Pricing, Unwilling to help
Order processing issue
Full refund
Review #680286 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Coleman Furniture in Union City, California - Furniture Parts

I have a furniture leg that is broken, it is part of a larger set. They also sold me a protection plan with the furniture.

The protection plan guy came in and said that the table will be replaced, then he left. After months of wait, nothing happened. I called, and they said that I need to pay nearly $300 in shipping for a $300 coffee table to be replaced. I said please ship me the part that I need.

It is really small and may not weigh more than 3-4 lbs. In any case, I had a full protection plan.

I contacted Coleman directly, and every time they said they will call back to tell me when I will get the part, no response. I must have called over 20 times to the insurance guys and Coleman directly, but no resolution despite the fact that I have full insurance and am willing to pay for the small part.

Delivery service, Customer service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #675813 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer675813.

Coleman Furniture in Monroe County, New York - Defective junk. Ripoff.

Ordered a dresser for my grand daughter. Delivery guys were setting it up, put the legs on and mount the mirror. During set up, noticed several drawer supports were broken and the pieces were laying inside. Drawer supports were junk MDF that had split where the mounting screws were installed.

Delivery company was good and made notes of the damage. Delivery guys suggested we hold the piece "hostage" until resolved. Uh oh. The dresser was not the quality we were looking for and told Coleman we wanted a refund. They initially agreed and scheduled a pickup time with the same delivery/moving company. The delivery company called us and said "sorry, we're not picking it up because Coleman won't authorize it". What?

Called Coleman and was told we must pay restock fee and all delivery charges both ways. Several hundred dollars!!

Who ever heard of restock and delivery charges on a broken delivery? Coleman customers, that's who.

Currently in dispute with my credit card company.

Monroe County, New York
Damaged item, Return policy
Damaged or defective
Full refund
Review #672588 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer672588.

Coleman Furniture in Dallas, Texas - HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE PEOPLE!!!!!

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TURN AND RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!!!

These people are the absolute worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst worst people I have ever dealt with in my 52 years on the planet!!! NOT EXAGGERATING!!!

These "common criminals" sent us the wrong chaise lounge, imagine the size of this box, THREE (3) TIMES!!!! After trying to work with them over 2 1/5 months we gave up. Now they will not refund out money without charging us a shipping fee for returning the wrong chaise they sent 3 times, and also charging us a restocking fee for returning the wrong item they sent us.....THREE (3) TIMES. So, now we still have no chaise chair and are out over $400. They simply are NOT returning out money. This is stealing, THEY ARE COMMON CRIMINALS!!!!!

You've been warned, it will NOT turn out well!!!!! GUARANTEED!!!!!

reallypissed2015
Horrible customer service, Policies, Deception, Delivery
Reason of review
Horrendous customer service. Straight up common thieves!!!
Full refund
Review #662697 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.4

Coleman Furniture in Wilkesboro, North Carolina - No parts for 12x12 shelters(tent)

I have two 12x12 shelters from Coleman and both were damaged last Sat in a rain storm. Several rods 36 in and 51 in were bent and broken.

I called Coleman's and they do not have parts and we will not cover the repair anyway. I ordered a new tent and called customer service to explain what happened. No luck. I am not pleased with the company and cannot believe they do not have a part that will fix my tents.

I am going to do what ever I can to expose this company for selling items that are designed poorly and not having a parts catalogue to offer a service to consumers. I will never buy a Coleman product.

andystancil
Damaged item, 12x12 shelter
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #659254 is a subjective opinion of poster.

COLEMAN FURNITURE - DELIVERED THE WRONG ITEM

Review for Coleman Furniture from Cedarhurst, NY. We ordered a sectional from this company April 2015.

When we ordered product, we went by with the photos & diagrams they have in their website. After 6 weeks of wait, they delivered the sectional with the opposite configuration from what we ordered. We called them the same day the sectional was delivered and let them know that we got the wrong sectional & some nail heads accent was missing. Coleman Furniture insist that we actually get the correct product and they have the correct photos in their website & if we want to return it, we would have to pay 25% restocking fee & shipping fee.

After we made a complaint with BBB, they said that they will waive the restocking fee but we still have to pay for the shipping fee. Also, after we communicated with them that the photos & diagrams they have is incorrect, they now have the correct photos in their website but we managed to do a screenshots of the photos after we placed in the order.

Customer service, Delivery, Lies
Not as described
Full refund
Review #654023 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer654023.

Coleman Furniture in Redding, California - Defective sofa, 3 months to repair, re-delivered with exterior damage, 25% restocking fees plus round trip delivery fees!

This review is for Coleman Furniture 333 Washington Ave.,Cedarhurst NY 11516.

We ordered a recliner and sofa from Coleman Furniture on Jan.20 2015. We received our order around March 20. We accepted the recliner but rejected the sofa. Upon testing the power reclining feature it started to malfunction. Upon investigation we discovered that 2 bolt heads had sheared off and one of the levers was hanging free.

I asked to be sent a replacement sofa but was told I had to accept a repair of the same sofa. Three months go buy and we finally get our sofa (5 months from date of order). Before it is even unwrapped we see that one corner of the sofa has been scuffed to the point where the leather is completely rubbed off. The area is about the 1" by 2" in size. We are obviously disappointed to say the least.

At this point we simply want our money back on the sofa. We call Coleman the next day. They say that Felice is in a meeting but she will call us back later in the day. We offer to send pictures of the damage. No one calls back. Two days later we call again. Felice is in a meeting.

We were patient and waited for a repair of the sofa. In the mean time it gets damaged. We don't want to pay for a repaired sofa with a patch on it. We paid for a new sofa in new condition.

After reading there warranty my understanding is the following. If you return the furniture they charge you a 25% restocking fee. You also are charged for the original shipping that had been free and for the return shipping (or as they put it roundtrip shipping). In our case we have been told that they will not accept the return of the sofa by itself. We must also return the recliner at our own expense.

They state in there warranty that they inspect the furniture before shipping to make sure it is in perfect condition. They also state that the items are professionally packaged to prevent damage. When our sofa came back it was not packaged like it had been the first time it was delivered. It only had one end wrapped in cardboard so it could be stood on end. It only had a blanket on the front side and not the rear. Besides that it was wrapped in cellophane which doesn't provide much protection.

The delivery people actually pointed out the damage as I think they wanted us to know that that they didn't cause it and didn't want to be liable. The damage had been wrapped over with the cellophane but it was visible underneath. We inspected the sofa thoroughly at the first delivery and did not see the damaged corner. It is clear that it happened after we sent it back and before we received it the second time. I believe that it happened before they wrapped it to be delivered. Hard to believe that Coleman who inspects for perfect condition could miss the damage. It seems to me they feel they have us on a hook with there warranty and can force us to accept a damaged sofa. Sending both pieces back with all the charges would run me close to what I paid with no furniture to show for it.

Lesson of my experience: If you order from Coleman and have any problems with the furniture they will try to force you to accept a repair that might not be acceptable to you like a patch job on a sofa they damaged. You might wait a long time for repairs like I did. Your sofa might not be packaged according to Coleman's expertise by the delivery company that they use. And your furniture might get damaged waiting around at the delivery company to be fixed. As of this date we have not been contacted by Coleman regarding the unhappy saga of the to good to be true furniture deal. Wish I would have went with a local dealer. If I had it to do again I would have taken the price Coleman quoted me and asked Evans furniture to match it. I'd be willing to pay a few hundred dollars more not to be in the situation I'm in now. Shop at Coleman at your own risk. Read the warranty first. If you don't accept their remedy be ready to pay $25% restocking ($463.50) and round trip delivery fees (not sure if this is $300 or $300 each way making it $600 delivery fees). If they ever call me back maybe I can get clarification.

jimhuelman
Warranty, Damaged item
Warranty issue
Full refund
Review #652532 is a subjective opinion of poster.