Coleman Furniture - Buyer Beware

Absolutely horrible experience that after 3 very long months still has not been resolved. Delay after delay on furniture delivery than when it finally arrived, the furniture was damaged and unfortunately, I did not discover the damage until after delivery crew left.

Now, I have to pay more money in order to have a replacement shipped. Don't be fooled by the price, although it is good, you will end up paying much much more in frustration, stress, wasted time, and then replacement shipping.

No bargain at all. Pay more with a trusted company and in the end it will cost you less.

Poor customer service
Review #779408 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer779408.

Coleman Furniture - Review in Furniture and Decor category from Rocklin, California

This is by far the worst Company I have ever purchased from. I made two purchases within days of each other and both were not good.

One I did take delivery of but not the other. It's been almost 8 weeks and nothing but false promises. Major delays, unreliable and no show delivery companies. Coleman Furniture has Zero Customer Service.

They don't care. There is no Management to discuss and resolve issues. The only option they present is to charge the CUSTOMER a 25% restocking fee for their own deficiencies. It's horrible.

I've had to be my own advocate and make multiple phone calls only to be further frustrated and still no resolve.

Any cost savings I thought I would achieve is all lost. Lost time, multiple phone calls and total frustration.

Problem with delivery
Review #771047 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer771047.

Coleman Furniture in Atlanta, Georgia - Not concerned about people

From everything I have read, most people seem happy and many negative reviews involve not understanding how buying "real" furniture works, or from not reading the instructions on the website detailing how to accept or decline furniture and the consequences of canceling or returning. My personal issue lies elsewhere, customer relations and service.

First off is the warranty they push so hard for you to buy.

Read customer reviews before you agree of course, but beyond that just try to ask them for a copy of the full terms or contract before you pay for it. I have, at least 6 times now, and they will always 'get back to me on that'. Want to know how to know a warranty is a sham? If you can't read the terms before paying for it.

Second, the email and chat replies seem to come from a real, helpful, concerned human, but asking tougher questions (like above) gets met with stalling, followed by a follow up email a day later reminding you that that awesome sale price you were seeing is about to expire.

Great, so I ask AGAIN to see the warranty terms, and since I most likely will decline that anyway at this point, when would my furniture ship? No answer again. If they can't estimate shipping for some reason at least tell me that, or give me a '4 to 8 weeks' estimate. It's not hard.

They seem more concerned with closing a quick sale than building a relationship. Paying an extra $100 locally is looking like a good idea.

Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #766630 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer766630.

Coleman Furniture - Ashley Furniture Martinsburg-Meadow Sofa Review from Philadelphia, Tennessee

We ordered a sofa and loveseat set from Coleman on 9/28/15. Our product was finally delivered on 10/30/15.

We refused the shipment because the loveseat was damaged. The wooden trim on the loveseat had a huge gash in it and the frame was warped. After many,many,many conversations that were full of untruths and scripted lines with Coleman, we were promised they would have it fixed to manufactuerer specs. On 12/30/15, our furniture was once agained delivered and once again rejected.

Both pieces are damaged. Many gashes and scratches in the wooden trim on both pieces. There was two new holes in the loveseat that were not previosly present. We called Coleman immediately to notify them of the problem.

They keep wanting to blame the delivery company for the damage. However, my contract is not with the delivery company nor did I choose this delivery outfit. Three months later, we still have no furniture in our livingroom and all Coleman will say is they will send a tech out to fix it. I feel they have had more than adequate time to resove this issue and have failed miserably.

They have already billed our credit card company and we are stuck with a bill and no furniture. They refuse to credit our account or send us new product. We are at a loss as of what to do. I don't think the furniture is fixable unless they take it back to the manufacuring plant to replace the fabric with *** in it and replace all the damaged wood.

Can anyone tell us if we have any other options available to us as a consumer.

Read

You guys can start a class action lawsuit against Coleman's furniture You can contact the DOJ the Department of Justice with your complaint so they can investigate Coleman's furniture

sshodge1
Philadelphia, Tennessee
Damaged or defective
Review #761238 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Coleman furniture. Run Around......

Order # 305047 Dec 4... Received a counterfeit damaged plastic mirror ... was described as made of Metal.... with Black and Gold Finish.... IT'S MADE OF PAINTED ON MOLDED PLASTIC ...BROWN AND GOLD ...A bootleg imposter... cracked frame and peeling paint, all plastic.... Told me...

Lori Crawn (Coleman Furniture)

Dec 22, 1:34 PM

Hello Terry,

We will be accepting the dispute that you have initiated with your credit card company. We ask that you donate the mirror to a local charity in the name of Coleman Furniture and send us the donation receipt. NEVER RECEIVED A REFUND....Phony Company...AVOID...

Worden, Illinois
Damaged or defective
Review #760864 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer760864.

Coleman Furniture in Olympia, Washington - BEWARE

BEWARE of Coleman Furniture!!!! Ordering online from the unprofessional company is not worth the few dollars you may save in doing so.

We ordered a complete living room furniture set and the chair arrived at the delivery company damaged. It has now been nearly five months from the time of order and we just received the chair. It was no easy task as I had to engage my credit card company's dispute process. Additionally, Coleman Furniture told me they had ordered a new chair from the manufacturer but the delivery company (no affiliation to Coleman) told me the leather chair was actually repaired!

Not only was I given false information, it took over four months to repair the chair. Coleman Furniture does not have an e-mail address listed so if one chooses to e-mail via the web site link, there is no confirmation of e-mail received and I never received a response using this method. I called the company countless times with documentation and in addition to waiting on hold for very lengthy periods of time, I was forced to speak with extremely rude employees who refused to transfer me to a supervisor. These "gate keepers" put me on hold each time to review my order and coincidentally the line was frequently "disconnected".

The damaged chair was no fault of mine, yet I had to waste countless hours of my time trying to receive an item I had paid for in advance. This company cares very little on providing excellent, or even mediocre customer service for that matter.

christieja1971
I didn’t like
Poor customer service
Review #759465 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Coleman Furniture in Memphis, Tennessee - Restocking and Shipping fees

Coleman was unable to deliver the sectional because it would not fit in the door. A recliner ordered with the sectional was not available for delivery due to damage.

Customer had no choice but to allow movers to return the sectional. Coleman does not provide dimensions nor do they warn/advise customers of this potential problem. They are now charging customer over $700 for delivery and restocking fees (including the damaged chair which was not the customer's fault). This fee (minus the damaged recliner)would be better understood and/or reasonable if the customer "changed their mind" AFTER the furniture was delivered successfully.

The company is firm with the charges and will not work with customer who is willing to replace the sectional with a smaller couch and love seat. This is way too harsh a way to do business.

Problem with delivery
Review #756030 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer756030.

Coleman Furniture in Olympia, Washington - BEWARE of this company

We ordered a complete living room furniture set and the chair arrived damaged. It has now been nearly five months from the time of order and I still have not received a chair. I have now had to engage my credit card company's dispute process. Coleman Furniture does not have an e-mail address listed so if one chooses to e-mail via the web site link, there is no confirmation of e-mail received and I have yet to get a response using this method.

I have called countless times and in addition to waiting on hold for very lengthy periods of time, I am forced to speak with extremely rude employees who refuse to transfer me to a supervisor. These "gate keepers" put me on hold each time to review my order and frequently the line is "disconnected". The method through which this company handles their customer problems/issues/complaints is a huge red flag.

This company care very little on providing excellent, or even mediocre customer service. Sadly, I am just a consumer who ordered a living room set and understandable want all the items I paid for months ago.

christieja1971
I didn’t like
Poor customer service
Review #755652 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.0

Furniture Review

I'm still waiting for my furniture after 4 months of waiting and getting the runaround. These people are the devil. They lie lie lie.

Problem with delivery
Review #732059 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer732059.

Coleman Furniture - Ashley Furniture Sleeper Sofa Review from Fenton, Missouri

I am having a terrible experience with Coleman Furniture. I called and placed an order for two sofa sleepers to be delivered to our lake house with the agreement that we would have flexible shipping options since it is a lake house 4 hours away.

They sold us on them saying they do a full multi day inspection to ensure it is right the first time so that we don't have to make more than one trip. Well, a shipping company calls and says Wednesday's are the only option. I had to pay for my parents to drive down. The couches are delivered and one has a broken frame.

My parents asked the delivery drivers about this big inspection and the drivers said it was not broken on the truck and that they didn't know about any inspection. The furniture was all wrapped up when it got there and was carried out and put back back on the truck with no protection. The company sent someone out and had him "refresh" the couch and now states that we must drive back down to the lake again and pick up this "refreshed" broken and then "fixed couch" or we are out a penalty of over $300. I was never advised or agreed to accept broken furniture and cannot drive back down there again.

Their response is terms are implied on their website. I did not place an order on the website, I called over the phone and was never told anything about these terms. I was told it would be delivered right the first time. I have asked them to pull the call and they won't.

terribke experience. I did not pay for a restored couch.

arman_jennifer
Problem with delivery
Review #721123 is a subjective opinion of poster.