Featured Resolved

Resolved: Coleman Furniture in Jacksonville, Florida - Coleman Complaints? Report unfair business practice, visit ftc.gov/complaint, FTC

Update by user Apr 02, 2016

Renegade Furniture is their sister company/same executive, Ari Greenwald, V.P. and his assistant Felice Collazo.

You can reach them via email at arigreenwald@gmail.com, ari@colemanfurniture.com and felice.collazo@renegadefurniture.com or you can call Felice Collazo, Director of Operations at 516 282 3095.

She offered me a refund but did not follow thru with it. My claim was finally refunded today after emailing the CEO of Paypal at midnight, this morning.

Update by user Mar 31, 2016

Dear distraught customer,

Simply call the manufacturer of the item you purchased from Coleman, i.e. Ashley and speak to customer service.

Tell your story and send plenty of pictures of the damage and they will reach out to Coleman Furniture for you. Coleman cannot afford the opportunity of tarnishing their precious relationships with these companies. Note: As a second level of security, pay for your furniture via Paypal; to protect your purchase. If something arrives damaged, take plenty of pictures and refuse to take delivery.

Ask for proof of the return, even if you have them sign a note that you have hand written. Coleman had the audacity to ask me several times for proof that the love-seat was returned and the delivery company had me sign an electronic device only, no paper. They finally admitted it after I forwarded the chain of emails to customer service to the manufacturer/maker. Paying for the advertised 'new' means you only accept in 'new' condition, not repaired or patched up furniture.

It takes a month to return repaired items and Coleman is in NO RUSH to get it back to you.

I read the negative comments prior to my order but assumed it was a few angry people. I learned my lesson the hard way.

Update by user Mar 31, 2016

I discovered the answer! Working for CEO's for 25+ years I learned alot.

I decided in my frustration to reach out to manufacturer of the set I purchased from Coleman. They in turn contacted Coleman.

Within minutes, I received an email from an unknown person/sister-company called Renegade/Director of Operations who said my refund was being processed asap for the damaged loveseat. "CHECKMATE" That move worked!

Update by user Mar 30, 2016

Never accepted delivery of the love-seat from day one and to this day my living room is empty on one side.

Original review posted by user Mar 30, 2016

Ordered and paid for via Paypal in December. Delivered 2/9/16.

Sofa great! Loveseat damaged with *** in the armrest and lighted cup holder would not shut off and a dent in the back right side. On 3/8/16, returned the loveseat and the dent was gone, left cupholder light would not cut off (failed to fix) and now right cupholder would not work unless pressed very hard, several times. The hole in the armrest had a patch over it.

BADDDDDD Business! Now, Melonie in Customer Svc says cupholders are on backorder til May. They asked if I would accept it broken and send someone to come and fix it later. I said NO!

I want a refund! Paypal contacted Coleman to request a refund and Coleman LIED and sd I have both pieces in my possession and did not reject the loveseat. I bought new not damaged patched or repaired. This is FRAUD!

I payed in Dec.

and it's almost April. I want the money refunded for the defunk loveseat.

Madison, Wisconsin, United States #1342950

Thank you very much for posting your experience here. I am having an equally horrible experience purchasing with Coleman. Can you please share the contact info of who needs to be contacted at Ashley

user55333110
Damaged, Repaired, Patched up furniture, I paid for brand new, Shady company
Damaged or defective
Full refund
Review #819760 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.5

Coleman Furniture in Woodland, North Carolina - Scam scam scam

Everything looked wonderful. The price and hey free shipping on top of that and omg I must be lucky cause they will assemble it too¡?!!!

Ok yeah the furniture would not fit through a standard 36 exterior door the furniture is 42 inches. No warning anywhere and now for a living suit that with a 5 year warranty would cost me 1650. They want to charge me a 25% restoring fee 393. Plus that free shipping is longer free and now want shipping too and from for 345.

So Coleman really??? I waited 9 weeks for my items and now you want almost 50% of the purchase price 730. For whattttttt?

This company looks like the best present in history but is truly the biggest disappointment and a scam to get over on people. I am 81 and truly feel this was an Internet scam

Read

I have exact the sam experience!

never ever with Coleman!!!

should have bought from charlottefurnitureonline.com

That's what Coleman does to everyone........ Rip them off............Welcome to the Club............

I concur they tried to charge me 350 shipping on a 260 dollar unit after they said they warrantied it. This company is a ripoff and will be reported to the better business bureau....

View more comments
Woodland, North Carolina
I didn’t like
Delivery, Return and shipping information not easy, Horrible customer service, Not enough of description, I feel this was a senior citizen scam
Reason of review
Poor customer service, issues with delivery and being ripped off
Full refund
Review #813029 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer813029.

Coleman Furniture - Westwood Swivel Bar Stool Review from Antioch, California

I am very disappointed with my order from this place. After searching for the perfect stool I found my counter stools on several websites that offered a Set of 2 at almost comparable prices.

I found Coleman's and without paying close attention to the fine print I ordered what I thought was 2 SETS! Totally shocked when I got my order delivered and it was only 2 stools in 1 box in which is the way they are sold. Can't really be separated as they are sold in sets. I immediately called the store and they told me that they sold them individually for the price of 2 basically.

There was nothing they are willing to do even after they verifed there price was double on other sites and that they are always sold in pairs as that is how they are packaged from Home Elegance. "They can't match the price they said" they told me all I can do is return them but I would have to assume cost of 25% re-stocking fee and shipping back?! That is about half the cost I paid to send them back. That's ridiculous!

I was forced to pay their outrageous price. Not happy at all and will never buy from here again or recommend them to anyone. Stools are nice but not worth $219 each when I can get the Set of 2 for $269 or cheaper. Worse experience I've ever had with a store or customer service.

Stools are nice but buy from another furniture store if interested.

I bought the same SET of 2 from Amazon for $217 ($438 at Coleman) with free shipping. I needed to complete the 4 I needed.

silvia71
Pricing issue
Review #801901 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.3

Coleman Furniture in Salt Lake City, Utah - Sectional fiasco

I'm even more worried after reading all these reviews! I was sent the wrong Chaise lounge a left facing instead of right facing.

Looked through my order you could see yes I ordered the right facing chaise but they will not admit it is their fault or take any responsibility! I finally said I just want to buy another one then because this one will not work in my room. They wanted me to pay two hundred extra since I was just ordering the Chaise and they wanted me to send the old one back and pay shipping and a restoring fee. HELLOOOOOOO!!

Why would I pay to send you back an item you are making me re-buy at a huge up in cost that wasn't even my fault!!! Never Never Never again and I'm just praying I even get my replacement I just bought.

I liked
Price
Salesperson and customer service, Customer service, Sales
Order processing issue
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #792316 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer792316.
2.0

Coleman Furniture - Furniture Review from Tacoma, Washington

Loved the furniture, but some of the delivery team was incompetent! From opening boxes in my front yard and garbage blowing into my neighbors yard, to not assembling the furniture completely.

We went to move the TV entertaiment center and the whole bottom dropped out. The employees of the delivery team barely spoke or read English and could not assemble the furniture properly. On the secod trip to my house, I was told my sofa table was not loaded on the truck and they had to make another delivery..(took them 3 trips before i got everything!!).only to find out later,its was on the truck the entire time!! Their customer services-Lori, one of the most unprofessional people I Have had to deal with.

This was my first experience with ordering online furniture and I will never do it again!! I have not even told half of what went wrong with dealing with is company! !! Dont trust their reviews on their site!

It appears they block customers from writing reviews that they know had a bad experience, i tried and even asked for help on writing a review and they would not answer me. You wonder why all their reviews are positive???

Problem with delivery
Review #789584 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer789584.
4.0

Coleman Furniture in Ventura, California - Their Delivery Service Sucks!

I purchased a sofa and loveseat the first time. I wasn't in a hurry and so the delivery time worked for me.

After the pieces were set up, the delivery company let me know that 2 of the cushions were missing but no problem, they would ship them to me. NO……it took about another month to get them. First the fabric arrived and then the stuffing. I had to put it together…..

Now, I'm trying to get the matching recliner.

After waiting 3 weeks, it was supposed to be delivered last Wed. They were a no-show. I called when there was just 10 minutes left of the time frame they gave me, they said they would be arriving in about 15 min. No call, no-show.

I have to wait another 2-3 weeks. Prices are good but this is my last order with them.

When the recliner arrives, I will check it over completely before signing the papers….any damage and I will not accept it. Recliner sells elsewhere now for $75 less!

Delivery service is company in Chino CA.

Read

The people at Coleman Furniture are all scammers ...100% total Crooks..........What they do...........

I liked
Price
Lies
Fair pricing
Review #789531 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer789531.
Resolved
2.0

Resolved: Coleman Furniture in Bowling Green, Ohio - Breach of contract

Update by user Mar 03, 2016

Being I was asked to update my review I did receive my couch. I will not be doing any further business with the company, but the sectional is what I was expecting and what I wanted.

Original review posted by user Feb 08, 2016

I ordered a sectional about a month and a half ago. When I submitted the order it was stated that delivery was 2-6 days.

After I submitted I got an email stating it would be 2-4 weeks, so obviously I called in and they told me that it was 2-6 days after the local manufacturer had the product on hand. A couple days later I realized that the money was back in my account so I called in and they told me that the order was on back-order, and it would take 5-6 weeks. Mind you I had to contact them for this information. I have called in multiple times over the last two and a half weeks and have been told that it was in route and would be to the manufacturer for the last 2 weeks now.

Now I just got off the phone with the supervisor who informed me "that she can almost guarantee that it is in route," (her words, not mine).

Now that the process has taken so long another company has the same sectional at a lower price so with a 3-4 day delivery, so I informed the supervisor of this and that I am going to call that company to make sure they have it in stock and will be cancelling my order and her only response was that if I wanted to do that I would have to pay a restock fee and that I agreed to these terms and conditions. So now I am stuck in a dilemma; there were other products I was looking forward to ordering through this company and with all of this unnecessary stress and inconvenience I will not be doing any additional business with this company.

k.phillips09
Whole experience
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #786069 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Coleman Furniture in Stuart, Florida - NOTHING RIGHT

ORDERED WHITE STONE TABLES AS PICTURED ON THEIR SITE. FIRST AND FOREMOST THEIR DELIVERY SERVICE IN MY AREA REALLY SUCKS. A DELIVERY COMPANY THAT ONLY AT BEST IS IN MY AREA ONCE A WEEK AT A SPECIFIC TIME AND MAYBE NOT EVEN THAT. WHAT FURNITURE COMPANY HAS DELIVERY ONLY ONCE A WEEK IN YOUR AREA. CERTAINLY NOT REPUTABLE ONES. HAD TO WAIT AND WAIT. FINALLY THEY GOT NASTY TO ME AND SAID THEY WERE GOING TO CHARGE ME STORAGE CHARGES. WHAT TOLD THEM SEND IT BACK TO COLEMAN. FOUND SOMEONE TO TAKE THE DELIVERY FOR ME AND THEN FIND OUT THEY ARE NOT WHITE, BUT A LIGHT BROWN. THEN ON TOP OF THAT ONE PIECE WAS DAMAGED AND HAD TO GO BACK. ALSO NO RUBBER CUPS BETWEEN THE GLASS TOP AND THE STONE SURFACE. OK ABOUT A HALF HOUR I GET A CALL FROM A GUY BY THE NAME OF MICHAEL WHO WAS NOT COURTEOUS TO SAY THE LEAST AND HE STARTED TO TELL ME THAT BECAUSE I REFUSED THE FURNITURE I WILL BE CHARGED FEES. WHAT THE???

THIS COUNTRY HAS LAWS THAT SPECIFICALLY IDENTIFY THAT IF SOMETHING IS BROKEN WHEN DELIVERED THEN YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO RETURN IT. WHY WOULD YOU PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT IS BROKEN. WELL EVIDENTLY MICHAEL DID NOT HAVE HIS FACTS STRAIGHT BECAUSE HE THOUGHT THE WHOLE ORDER WAS DENIED. UNREAL. NOT ONLY BAD DELIVERY BUT SENDING ME LIGHT BROWN TABLES INSTEAD OF WHITE REALLY SUCKS. STAY AWAY IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE THOROUGHLUY DISAPPOINTED.

look at the pictures the first one is what is on their site and the brown one is what arrived.

Crooks........ Thieves......

and Liars. What they do......

Reason of review
poor customer service, poor deliovery service, missing parts
Review #786046 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer786046.

Coleman Furniture in Albuquerque, New Mexico - "White glove deliver" ya right!

After waiting 8 weeks to receive my furniture by "white glove delivery" it is now sitting in my driveway in boxes! I was told it would take longer to receive my furniture because of this supposed white glove service!

They would not even un box it so I can inspect it!

This company has been less than stellar and I will never buy from them again! Of course it is a Saturday and there is no one available to help me with this problem so there my furniture sits!

Problem with delivery
Review #785243 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer785243.

Do not shop at Coleman Furniture!

Update by user Feb 08, 2016

Coleman Furniture has worked out a satisfactory solution to the problem.

Original review posted by user Feb 04, 2016

Your delivery company cancelled the scheduled delivery on my furniture. The delivery company scheduled my delivery for Sunday, January 10th. On Friday, January 8th at 6:30-7:00 pm I received a call that my order was cancelled because I was told they could not fit my furniture on the truck. Coleman Furniture's complaint should be with Alpha Omega, not me.

If I order furniture from Amazon, I receive it in a few days. For my delivery from Coleman, I had already waited 6 weeks. Alpha Omega cancelled me. When I contacted you, you could not give me another date for delivery. I was not going to stay in limbo on this purchase. I needed furniture.

As you know there is a dispute over the charge to my credit card. I refuse to pay any restocking fee. Again, it was not my fault the furniture was not delivered.

Today I am writing a review of the service and treatment I have received from Coleman Furniture. I am also considering legal action on this matter if the charge is not completely removed from my American Express card within a week from today. I view the treatment from Coleman Furniture as harassment.

Read

Coleman Furniture has resolved my issue.

a25526
$2002
Full refund
Review #783733 is a subjective opinion of poster.