Coleman Furniture in Charleston, South Carolina - Deceptive marketing, poor customer service

We found a sofa that we wanted which happened to be available on multiple websites. Coleman had the item listed as in stock with a deliver of 2-4 weeks.

Even though they were slightly more expensive than some of the competitors we went with them because a fast timeline was very important to us. A few days after we placed the order they called to tell us that the item was on back order (although it was still listed as in stock on their website) so it was going to be 6 weeks. At 5 weeks they had still not contacted us to set up a delivery time so we reached out to them and were told that it would be an additional 2-4 weeks. Again, the item was still listed as in stock on the website.

To get the manager to call me back it took 4 phone calls over 3 days. When she called back she was very rude, not helpful at all and told me that this is just what happens with furniture. We cancelled our order and got the same sofa for less money in 2 weeks from one of their competitors.

Coleman furniture was a huge waste of time and extremely frustrating to work with, do not waste your time.

hatchison
I didn’t like
Back ordered product listed as in stock, Poor communication, Rude customer service
Problem with delivery
Review #865411 is a subjective opinion of poster.
5.0

Coleman Furniture Best Ever

We found this Damacio Dark Brown Sectional at Ashley’s Furniture and ended up finding it at Coleman Furniture online. Read the reviews and most of the negative reviews I felt were not just so we took the plunge and placed the order on May 17th 2016.

The following day we received a phone call from Coleman Furniture confirming the order and explained the whole process to us. The service was absolutely fantastic (top-notch) friendly representatives from Coleman Furniture along with the outsource delivery service company (Renegade Furniture delivery) we received the furniture on June 10th 2016 protected in foam wrapped in plastic.

Tags
  • Damacio Dark Brown Sectional
  • Renegade Furniture Delivery
I liked
Woot
Good customer service
Review #863222 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer863222.
2.2

Coleman Furniture Delivery Service Review from Moreno Valley, California

Apparently they are owned by the delivery companies they contract. They supposedly deliver to my area "every couple weeks" as stated in my email they sent to me.

LIE. Once every 4 weeks is FACT. Delivery company called me, also left voice message on home answering machine AND emailed my scheduled delivery time frame 2 days prior to my scheduled delivery day of Wednesday 5/18/16 as promised. This was done approximately 4:00 pm on Monday 5/16/16.

They then called my house and left a message the very next morning Tuesday 5/17/16, sometime before noon to change my time for the delivery for the next day for a time 6 hours earlier. Based on the original time frame given on Monday, I made my work arrangements to be available on Wednesday from 5:30-8:30 pm and I was not able to change my work schedule to THEIR last minute scheduling changes. After contacting tbe delivery company stating I could not meet tbeir last minute changes I was told I was not going to get my order delivered otherwise. After contacting Coleman furniture and speaking with a rep who was either unwilling or unable to help, I spoke to a supervisor who was just as ineffective.

Finally reaching the Director of Operations, Felize Collazo, it became very apparent that customer satisfaction does not exist in Coleman furniture's business mission. In fact, after I made several concessions to leave work without pay and receive possible administrative punishment, neither Coleman furniture nor their contracted delivery company would make any compromise to assist me. The change from the original 5:30-7:30 delivery time to the 11:30-2:30 change on THEIR part was absolutely inflexible. At one point because of my employment, I decided to just cancel the order we had already paid for over 1-1/2 months prior but was informed by Ms.

Collazo I would be hit with a 75% restocking fee.

Yes, that's an $1100.00 restocking fee due to a situation caused solely by Coleman furniture and their contracted entity. So yes, absolutely BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

Order processing issue
Review #851011 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer851011.
1.2

Coleman Furniture in Antioch, Illinois - Leather love seat was damaged when delivered

We did not want to accept it on delivery but we were told keep it until the new one was delivered. That was the worst idea they sent some out to fix it with new panels and he installed them on an angle so the corners didn't even line up and the sides were wavy.

We called them and told them what happen with the repair and they sent someone else out and all they did is take pictures. That was the last we heard from them.

Then we called our credit card company to dispute the charges and Coleman said they would not send anyone out until we removed the dispute. They didn't send anyone else out before the dispute what do you think will happen when they get paid???

Don't buy anything from Coleman Furniture they're a rotten company.

Damaged item, Delivered damaged item
Poor customer service
Fix the Love Seat or replace it. Your choice
Review #849935 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer849935.
2.8

Coleman Furniture Delivery Service Review from Indianapolis, Indiana

I ordered a fireplace tv stand from Coleman, it was shipped within a week, but it took 3 weeks in the local delivery company and they cobtacted us to schedule delivery date. Last night before delivery date we got a message saying the furniture didnt pass inspection.

What the heck was the last 3 weeks? I purchased online because of better price, but I will never do that again, especially for this irresponsible, poorly maintened company.

Order processing issue
Review #847134 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer847134.
Resolved
1.2

Resolved: Coleman Furniture in Daytona Beach, Florida - Unethical Company, Scammers

Update by user Apr 27, 2016

I have reviewed the response made by the business in reference to complaint, and find that this resolution is satisfactory to me and the matter has been resolved. ColemanFurniture.com has issued a full refund for settlement.

Sincerely,

Anna Handy

Original review posted by user Apr 25, 2016

I ordered a bunk bed online. The item description had no mentioning that the slats were not included with the bed, although the bed cannot be used without slats and the item picture clearly shows slats.

Interestingly, the item description online contained a conspicuous disclaimer that the storage drawers were not included and are optional, but not a word about the slats. There was not even an option to add slats to the transaction. The bed was delivered damaged and without slats. The delivery man said he called Coleman before delivery to inform them that the slats were not provided and was instructed to deliver the bed anyway.

When we called Coleman to resolve this issue, they told us that the slats need to be purchased separately and would be about an additional $300. After I asked them to show me where it said that the slats were not included, they immediately updated their item description online and sent me the link. Luckily for me, I took screen shots with date and time right before they updated it to show that there was no mentioning of the slats. Coleman is refusing to provide slats free of charge or give a full refund, and want a restocking fee of 25% and delivery costs if we are to return it.

The item came damaged. Why would we be required to pay for delivery costs for a damaged item and its restocking?! As far as the slats, they are blaming it on the their disclosure that they are not responsible for errors on their site. This is not an error, this is false advertisement.

Slats are structural components of the bed, without the slats the bed is unmerchantable.

I checked with other merchants that sell this particular bed and all of them sell this bunk bed with slats. This company is obviously scamming customers.

Read

Coleman Furniture keep sending me email advertising when they stole $300.00 from me already . Please , stop buying from this company , so they can stop scamming people , and eventually be forced out of business .

user49337263
Tags
I didn’t like
Misrepresenting product, False advertisement to scam customers, Committing fraud, Failing to honor terms of the agreement, Unprofessional, After delivery service
Not as described
Full refund
Review #836295 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.7

Coleman Furniture in Salt Lake City, Utah - Worst delivery, service, expirience

Ordered several pieces of furniture at once: a dining table set, a bedroom set, a living room set, and a night stand on 05-15-15 order#287351 They advertised all products are in stock at time of order and will deliver within 6 weeks. They deliver the nightstand only about 50 days later.

Everything else nothing. about another month finally get the living room set and they damage my property and the furniture. I report it and also report that its broken within the first couple of weeks and to this date no solution. Dining set is finally set to deliver almost 6 month after, then they report the top was damaged, so to wait for replacement.

Table to replacement gets here about 8 month after, but now they notice one of the chairs is damage. I get delivery of table minus a chair. Finally get chair after another month or so. Bedroom set was took about 6 month to deliver as well.

Living room set is still broken, finally on April 2016 they are going to replace it, but want me to pay $270 for delivery.

They so called waive it for all the hassle, but now want to charge me $80 for missed delivery. They refuse to deliver till paid and I have missed several work days with their failed attempts they have made to repair or deliver products.

paredes911
I didn’t like
Damaged item, Return and shipping information not easy, Patched up furniture, Damaged
first 3 reason listed
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #830523 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Coleman Furniture - BUYER BEWARE

BUYER BEWARE. This company will not try and work with you in any way.

Anything that goes wrong will in some way be "your fault" (yes, these exact words were used) because you didn't read every. single. last. word.

on their website. So, before you buy anything at their "great" prices, you need to first check what the return shipping will cost (minimum $300), and add in the 25% restocking fee in order to determine if "saving" $1000 is worth it.

Seems like maybe their middle man profit margin is so low they simply can't provide any type of customer service or accommodation. This is my first bad experience ordering online.

I will continue to order online, just not from this company and not without checking reviews. #lessonlearned

NEVER_AGAIN2016
I didn’t like
Customer service and quality of product
Poor customer service
Review #829815 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Coleman Furniture in Lincoln, Nebraska - Terrible support, service and company ethics

After discovering I could get the same products on another site for around $400 less, I called and cancelled my order. The customer service rep told me they would submit the cancellation but would need the manufacturers written approval of the cancel to avoid restocking fees.

They said they would get back to me the next day and they didn't. I called and they put me on hold to check and no answer, said they would notify me and call me back..they didn't. I called the next day, same story and asked the manager to call me. I was sent to the managers voicemail and she didn't call me.

The item was available or in stock on their site, I cancelled and at one point they said they had to get the board of directors with the manufacturer to approve the cancellation. They really didn't share an ounce of care and stood behind their company policy which doesn't make a shred of sense.

Order processing issue
Review #820823 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer820823.
Featured Resolved

Resolved: Coleman Furniture in Jacksonville, Florida - Coleman Complaints? Report unfair business practice, visit ftc.gov/complaint, FTC

Update by user Apr 02, 2016

Renegade Furniture is their sister company/same executive, Ari Greenwald, V.P. and his assistant Felice Collazo.

You can reach them via email at arigreenwald@gmail.com, ari@colemanfurniture.com and felice.collazo@renegadefurniture.com or you can call Felice Collazo, Director of Operations at 516 282 3095.

She offered me a refund but did not follow thru with it. My claim was finally refunded today after emailing the CEO of Paypal at midnight, this morning.

Update by user Mar 31, 2016

Dear distraught customer,

Simply call the manufacturer of the item you purchased from Coleman, i.e. Ashley and speak to customer service.

Tell your story and send plenty of pictures of the damage and they will reach out to Coleman Furniture for you. Coleman cannot afford the opportunity of tarnishing their precious relationships with these companies. Note: As a second level of security, pay for your furniture via Paypal; to protect your purchase. If something arrives damaged, take plenty of pictures and refuse to take delivery.

Ask for proof of the return, even if you have them sign a note that you have hand written. Coleman had the audacity to ask me several times for proof that the love-seat was returned and the delivery company had me sign an electronic device only, no paper. They finally admitted it after I forwarded the chain of emails to customer service to the manufacturer/maker. Paying for the advertised 'new' means you only accept in 'new' condition, not repaired or patched up furniture.

It takes a month to return repaired items and Coleman is in NO RUSH to get it back to you.

I read the negative comments prior to my order but assumed it was a few angry people. I learned my lesson the hard way.

Update by user Mar 31, 2016

I discovered the answer! Working for CEO's for 25+ years I learned alot.

I decided in my frustration to reach out to manufacturer of the set I purchased from Coleman. They in turn contacted Coleman.

Within minutes, I received an email from an unknown person/sister-company called Renegade/Director of Operations who said my refund was being processed asap for the damaged loveseat. "CHECKMATE" That move worked!

Update by user Mar 30, 2016

Never accepted delivery of the love-seat from day one and to this day my living room is empty on one side.

Original review posted by user Mar 30, 2016

Ordered and paid for via Paypal in December. Delivered 2/9/16.

Sofa great! Loveseat damaged with a hole in the armrest and lighted cup holder would not shut off and a dent in the back right side. On 3/8/16, returned the loveseat and the dent was gone, left cupholder light would not cut off (failed to fix) and now right cupholder would not work unless pressed very hard, several times. The hole in the armrest had a patch over it.

BADDDDDD Business! Now, Melonie in Customer Svc says cupholders are on backorder til May. They asked if I would accept it broken and send someone to come and fix it later. I said NO!

I want a refund! Paypal contacted Coleman to request a refund and Coleman LIED and sd I have both pieces in my possession and did not reject the loveseat. I bought new not damaged patched or repaired. This is FRAUD!

I payed in Dec.

and it's almost April. I want the money refunded for the defunk loveseat.

Madison, Wisconsin, United States #1342950

Thank you very much for posting your experience here. I am having an equally horrible experience purchasing with Coleman. Can you please share the contact info of who needs to be contacted at Ashley

user55333110
Damaged, Repaired, Patched up furniture, I paid for brand new, Shady company
Damaged or defective
Full refund
Review #819760 is a subjective opinion of poster.