Coleman Furniture - Terrible Service & Stealing Customers' Money

I ordered a sectional from Coleman. I was very excited and waited a month for it.

I even had several discussions with Coleman reps because there had been so hiccups with the delivery dates/times. Before ordering, I did everything that I could to make sure the process would go smoothly. I measured everything it said needed to be measured on the website, I cleared a path, reserved the loading dock in my building, etc... Upon delivery, the sofa could not fit into my unit in my apartment building because the ceilings in the hallway were too low and the delivery men needed to turn it on it's side.

The delivery men tried to call Coleman to determine what to do and the Rep gave them the runaround (telling them that she'd call back and then not doing it, redirecting them to other reps, etc..). She finally got frustrated that she was having a hard time understanding them (Spanish was their first language) and they put me on the phone. She then rudely told me that I would be paying for this whole situation. I told her that I wanted to discuss the issue but not on this man's phone and she said that we could discuss it but I would be paying.

I then immediately received an email saying that I was being charged $330.60 to restock the sofa. I've tried several times to reach out again about this issue and the only time I've been able to reach someone, was again given a rude "this is what you have to pay" with an abrupt end to the conversation. To me, this is borderline theft. They have my credit card and are taking advantage of that by charging me whatever they want.

I do not believe that I should pay for this situation because nobody told me that I needed to measure the ceiling height. I followed all instructions that were given to me. It was also explicitly indicated that pieces of the furniture needed to be assembled once it was in the unit (which is why I assumed that other measurements were not needed).

For all I knew, the arms came off the sofa and it would fit in just fine! Coleman did not include these explicit measurements but are claiming that I should have known them and are now taking my money without my permission.

Pricing issue
Full refund
Review #1011722 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1011722.

Short Review on February 16, 2017

Wanted to charge me a restocking fee on an item that was out of stock!!!!!

Problems with payment
Review #1009405 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1009405.
1.2

Coleman Furniture Delivery Service Review

I oedered furnature, took a month, then it got damaged. Now the y want to charge me 25% to restock it.

Order was cancelled. Im not paying for furniture I ne er got, supposed to be free delivery, and they, damaged it. Still never a word.

Do not trust them, dont want furnature, and Im not paying a cent. Communication is really bad!!

Poor customer service
Review #1004278 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1004278.
1.8

Coleman Furniture - OMG! How is this company still in business? Once they get your money you are screwed.

BUYER Beware!!!! I spent over $4000.00 Dollars with this company and OMG!

I have never been treated so badly by any department store. Steve is the Sales manager there he would not tell me his supervisors name and was extremely rude. The furniture was supposed to be delivered in 2 to 3 weeks when I spoke to the company before ordering and it took 5. The furniture was damaged when it got here so I had to call back multiple times.

My options were to keep it or send it back and have some repair man fix a $3000.000 dollar bedroom suit . NO, not replace it ,but repair it, and wait another 5 weeks to get it back. ARE YOU KIDDING???!!!! How is this company still in business??????

Stay away, never again. Customers you have been warned. Once they get your money you are screwed.

I have no idea how in the world the sale manger Steve still has a job. I am hoping the owners gets to read all these bad reviews and will hire someone who cares about their customers.

justinmccrory24
Whole experience, Unprofessional, Customer service
Poor customer service
Review #999763 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Coleman Furniture in Cedarhurst, New York - TAMBO SECTIONAL SUCKS CHEAP MATERIAL THAT CRACKS WHAT A WASTE

sold by coleman furniture the tamboo is cheap material like fake leather. in the pic it look like fabric but it isn't..

It is very thin material.. this is the worst sofa I ever bought. And its made by Ashley Furniture.. I should have got the Hogan its real fabric..

I wish they would take this one so I could swap it for the other one. The design was ok and delivery was fast and clean.. I think they should do something for me in regards to this matter.

I really do not want to have to go to the Better Business Bureau for help.. They should stand behind what they sell.

Tags
I didn’t like
Product is not as described, Cheap material cracking
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Preferred solution
trade this one for another one made with FABRIC
Review #998852 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer998852.

Coleman Furniture - LOVE

Reluctantly I ordered a swivel rocker recliner. I was nervous about ordering something that important without sitting on it.

Well, it is my favorite chair; the reviews were spot on and the set up and delivery was wonderful. I could not be happier with my purchase and the cost was below any other store that I could find that particular chair.

I recommended the chair to a friend who ordered the same idem and also had the exact same experience. I highly recommend this company and will be ordering the next piece (whatever that turns out to be) from them or at least checking prices and not being afraid to order.

Product
Fair pricing
Review #996809 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer996809.

Coleman Furniture - These guys are terrible with customer service

I order and waited for a couple of weeks The order confirmation said that I would be receiving a shipment I received no shipping notification, there is no online status. I tried calling them but after holding for over 15 minutes I gave up after a few times.

I finally got through and they said they would call the manufacturer and call me back. They never called me back. Another multiple times trying to call them on hold. Finally, got through and they said that in fact the chairs had been shipped!

No tracking information still. Left my name for a supervisor to call me back. No call back.

Get the picture? I am actually on hold now again and let's see what happens!

Poor customer service
Review #996734 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer996734.
2.2

Coleman Furniture in Cedarhurst, New York - Placed order Dec. 15,2016, Still not recieved as of Jan 18,2017

I placed order on December 15,2016. Their web site says orders are received in 3 to 4 weeks.

It is January 18, 2017. I have called on 2 occasions. I was told it would be shipped to the shipping company on January 23, but it could take a couple weeks after that, before it would shipped to me. The furniture manufacturer is Ashley, I'm told the delay is with them.

Next time you placed an order with Coleman furniture, make sure you checked with them to find out who the manufacturer is, because that is the determining factor, as to how fast, you get your order. I was ordering as Christmas present, for my son.

They have been sleeping on the floor, waiting for it to arrive. I will have second thoughts, before I order from them again!!!!!!

Dissatisfied with delivery time
Problem with delivery
Review #993401 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer993401.
2.1

Coleman Furniture Customer Service

I have to agree with others on this site. We ordered a bed from Coleman Nov.

16th. The 21st they said they were delivering within a few days. On Jan 3rd, they still had not delivered. After trying to cancel the order, they all of a sudden are wanting to deliver the bed.

We want the order canceled but they want 25% restocking?

We have sent numerous e-mails (per their request) and made numerous calls of which were not returned as they said they would do? We will never purchase from Coleman again and just want everyone to know they are shady to deal with!

Fort Worth, Texas, United States #1271878

Agree. I ordered on Nov 6th the bed and the order has still not been delivered.

Entire experience, Mostly customer service
Full refund
Review #991037 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer991037.

Coleman Furniture Furniture Repair Review

Do not order from this company the will deliver u damaged furniture and try to repair it multiple times then charge u a restocking fee of 25%

Problems with payment
Review #988281 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer988281.