Coleman Furniture - Very dissatisfied with customer service!!!!

I bought a 2000 dollar wall unit from coleman furniture. The bridge has dents and it can't be repaired by a marker.

The whole unit was shrunk wrapped except the bridge that was wrapped in a blanket. It must have been a return because of the damage. I couldn't get a hold of anyone for days because of the Jewish holidays. When I did it took forever to get an ans.

When I did I was told I didn't say anything right away and the dents weren't dents....it was the LOOK of the wood!

I was sent a marker in the mail. I would suggest you try wayfair or hey needle when buying on line

Damaged or defective
Review #1127082 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1127082.
Featured
5.0

Coleman Furniture - Wonderfully surprised

Just logged in to comment on the fantastic customer service I received when ordering the kitchen island for my home. I am surprised to see any negative reviews!

I received a spectacular piece that completes my kitchen beautifully. The communication with Coleman was fabulous. The Coaster Island in cherry and buttermilk looks amazing. It's a heavy piece.

The item was delivered by two kind gentlemen who lifted, brought inside up steps, and assembled to my liking in the exact space that I had marked and measured. They were kind to remove all debris and trash as well. I received an excellent product at a price that my local retailer wasn't able to match.

Plus the white glove delivery was free! I am sure to order from Coleman again when household furniture is needed!

Read

They are horrible! Do not order anything from them!!

This is a complaint website.

It is not a forum for free advertising or apple polishing.

Tell us about someone who ripped you off, lied to you, sent you junk, etc.

cdb232_81
Good customer service
Review #1124555 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Coleman Furniture - Horrible buying experience

do not buy from coleman. they are not doing straight business.

when you buy "new" furniture and delivered to your home with scratches and other sorts of damages they will not replace it with new one. they will try to repaire it for you and it does not matter if you like it or not they will not even reimburse you with whatever cost you incurred.

this is what they offered in case you want to return the damaged item "return break down and advise. Amount Paid $521.50 (Total) ( real cost paid $969) Restocking Fee $78.23 (15% of Total) Delivery Fee $150.00 Return Fee $228.23 (Restocking+Delivery) Total Refund: $293.28 (Paid-Return Fee)" and this is out of $966 paid Do Not Buy From Coleman.

akharbouch
Damaged or defective
Full refund
Review #1110223 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.7

Coleman Furniture - HOW DID THEY GET ANY GOOD REVIEWS?-The reviews on their website are fake.

1.It took 2 months to get delivery pf a $2100 sideboard and they wanted their money before delivery was scheduled. Pay Pal disputed it and I did not pay before the truck was on the way.

2. They give White Glove delivery and is warranted. Sounds good, right? Until you have a problem that you didn't see during delivery.

You have to report the problem within a 5 day period. I reported the problem within 3 days , which was a crack that separated the finish from the wood. It was under the top hangover so I did not see it when it was delivered. They said that I should get a furniture repair man over and they would give me a $200 refund.

I asked them how would I know that it would only be $200. and the customer service rep said she saw the picture and it would probably be less than that. Fast forward to the 8th day after delivery. The furniture repair person said that the sideboard was not put together properly and the nut connecting the top to the side was defective and caused the crack.

The unit would need a new side and a new door and could not be fixed easily. He suggested I get it returned and said he would write up a report. 3, Just try and get them to get back to you. I called the supervisor as well as emailed the parent company: Renegade Furniture.

First the supervisor was out of town. Then I spoke to her and she said she would get back to me by the end of the day. Didn't happen. Then I called the next day and she was out of the office on a family emergency.

So what would your take be? The warranted paper is no good because it covers accidental damage, not a flawed piece in the first place.

I didn’t like
Salesperson and customer service, Customer service and return policy
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Replacement of sideboard
Review #1094821 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1094821.
Featured

Coleman Furniture - Horrible

NEVER order from Coleman Furniture. They are absolutely horrible.

You will regret it. We ordered an entertainment center from them in December 2016. It got delayed and was delivered late, which would have been fine if that was the only issue. But then there were a MILLION more issues that we encountered with this company.

They repeatedly told us they would call us about the delivery and never did, so we had to proactively follow up with them. They eventually said it was delayed because of an issue with their trucks. Then later, they said a piece of our order was damaged/didn't pass their inspection so it was delayed again. Then they delivered it but only brought one small piece of it (four large pieces were missing), so we had to set up a second delivery appointment.

When they came for the second delivery, they were STILL missing pieces of the order. By this time, it had been about 5 months since the order was originally supposed to have been delivered. We also noticed immediately after the delivery guys left that there was a gash in the top of the unit. We didn't notice it when they were in our home because we were so focused on the fact that the delivery was incomplete again and were dealing with that problem (plus it was a hard to see place at the top of the 6 foot tall unit).

We called Coleman immediately when we noticed it (right after the delivery guys left) and sent them a picture right away but to this day, they refuse to help us fix it or replace it. They claim that they can't see the gash in the picture even though it is clearly there. The light on the unit also stopped working by the end of the day they delivered it. And throughout this ordeal, every time we called Coleman, we were told that Melissa Hans in customer service was the only person that could help us (nobody else would help us) because she was assigned to our order and that Melissa was always "on another call but would call us back by the end of the day," which she never did.

This happened repeatedly. I would call them before end-of-day to follow up and make sure she was going to call me back as promised and they would assure me that she would --- but of course, she never did. She provided horrible customer service. Coleman says "Customer satisfaction is our top priority" but that is clearly a big lie.

I strongly recommend that nobody ever order from this company. We definitely never will.

Read

Yes this company is nothing but a sham they promise you the Moon and give you a bucket of caca. Never purchase anything's not even a pillow from Coleman now known as Renegade furniture.

Same thing happened to us. DO NOT buy from Coleman furniture

That's hardly a "MILLION" issues.

Sounds like a lousy company.

Time to stop calling and spitting ; begin a paper trail immediately if you're really determined to flog this any further.

Write a specific, factual letter stating the problem, a brief outline of the history, and what you wan to have done about it. Be polite.

Leave emotion out. Allow a 10 day response as stated in your letter.

Send it Certified Mail, return receipt requested. Ramp it up if you receive no response with another warning of imminent action within 7 days if no action has been taken.

But NO MORE CALLS.

You're through talking about it !

Did you pay via credit card ? Complain to the issuing company.

I didn’t like
Whole experience, Poor communication, Customer service, Damaged product, Delay in delivery
Problem with delivery
Review #1078258 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1078258.
2.5

Coleman Furniture in Cedarhurst, New York - Poor customer service

I received $3600 worth of my furniture and most of it was not what I ordered. I did not order online.

I ordered through a salesperson in hopes of everything arriving correctly. Wrong! I spoke with 3 different customer representatives who were not willing to help at all. I ordered white chairs and received an ugly brown color.

They say there is no white, but when I called Ashley they said its on backorder, so whatever was available is what they sent. My bed was suppose to be white and it is brown. I have a gray and white house so none of this matches. Customer service was not willing to do anything unless I paid for it.

It is not my mistake. I spoke with Cierra, Candace, and Felice. So, be very careful. Do not order from them because it is yours whether it is right or not!

Very expensive lesson. Also, their delivery drivers deliver when they have enough load, so you may get your furniture in one week or four weeks.

DIVAMOM1169
Tags
  • Renegade Furniture Delivery
I didn’t like
Return and shipping information not easy, Failing to honor terms of the agreement, Backordered, Out of stock products
Not as described
Preferred solution
EXCHANGE WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY TO DO IT!
Review #1066360 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.2

Coleman Furniture - Horrifying experience

purchased my sofa on April 23, 2017. I received a recliner sofa and love seat where the sofa has a gap between the base and the back.I sent over pictures to Cierra and Felice.

I opened a warranty claim. I was allotted $150 to get it repaired. I had 3 technicians inspect the sofa, who specified that it is a manufacturing defect and cannot be restored to manufacturer's standards. I told Felice repeatedly the same thing and sent her the supporting documentation that everyone has recommended that it needs to be replaced.

Please see the attached supporting documentation. But I was repeatedly insisted to get it repaired. I paid $200 to another technician to come and take a look at it. 3rd technician I brought in, that has not been able to repair it.

We are suffering from sever back ache due to the bad posture that sofa forces us into. My cocktail table that I ordered along with the sofa has been failed to be delivered 3 times. I do not here a response from Cierra for the last 1 week on that status. Each time she schedules a delivery someone needs to *** from work and stay home.

What is the point in having a customer service that cannot offer satisfactory resolutions to the customer. Warranty policy clearly states that the repairs and price needs to be determined by the manufacturer, If Felice had contacted Ashley and they have seen the pictures and determined a resolution, that would be fantastic , which never happened. I am happy to speak to someone from Ashley that can repair this sofa to manufacturer's standards for $150, I have not been able to find a technician that is able to do that so far. I ended up spending lot of money per the direction of Felice.

I do not want this to happen to anyone. For a middle class individual that saves money for years to buy furniture or TV or anything, it shatters the dreams and ends up being a night mare experience.

sandeep.anihar
I liked
Price
I didn’t like
Customer service, Delivery, Quality of the product, Warranty policy, Return policy
Poor customer service
$2000
Preferred solution
The defective sofa needs to be replaced
Review #1064912 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Coleman Furniture - Coleman: Cooler Quad Chair

I would ask Why you would make such a nice chair for outdoor and patio use and the users are never able to place the chair back into the case. This chair is large with nice add-on but after use due to the size of the chair and the size of the case---you can't put the chair back into this small case.

I have huffed and I have puffed and the chair will not fit.

The bag/case is safe just like the Three Little Pigs were in their nice little home. The Chair, Coleman Cooler Quad Chair will not fit back into the original case.

Read my concern
Loss
Review #1063340 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1063340.
1.8

Coleman Furniture - 5 weeks still no delivery

I absolutely regret ordering from Coleman furniture. I placed my order over a month ago and have still not received my furniture.

Customer service is an absolute NIGHTMARE!! They have young rude careless incompetent individuals that pacify you over the phone with NO positive results. I spoke with "Lori" today and felt like I was speaking with a box of dead nails. Her attitude was terrible and basically told me that she could cancel my order for a refund but I would be charged a restocking fee because it was "en route" already.

So, now I'm in my nice new home waiting for them to decide to send me my PAID for new furniture.

Shame on you Coleman...never even updating me on my status. Pleased stay away from this slum company.

Problem with delivery
Review #1060902 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1060902.

Coleman Furniture - Total Fraud, customer service is the worst department

5/26 - I have recieved a defective hutch that do not close on 5/25, I was not home at that time and my parent signed the document which were presented by the moving person who got the furniture. After I came and observed the defect and contacted coleman furniture they were just trying to wash away my complaint saying that you have already signed it.

That is ridiculous even though I have the gold protection plan to cover any accidental damage. Along with the same order they have not delivered a night stand but they don't update anything regarding that order.

Also I had to make several calls for the past 4 weeks to get the order delivered. I have not seen this kind of behavior with Overstock, Wayfair.

Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1052532 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1052532.