Still to receive claim check for home damages.

after tree damage per cole taylor mortgage co request - I sent via certified mail all paperwork requested. they stated didn't have all of it b/c ''we are in process of going paperless'' really?? but ahhh, they had my endorsed 10,000 dollar insurance check - by the way it was attached to the necessary paperwork. contractor finished -on 8-16 -sent in more paperwork - and had to call to get final inspection before any of 'my' money could be released - roof done, inspection done - but, no check- called to find out status - only to be told - the check would mailed on 9-2, still waiting. no check, called again, we will mail it out. wait - what happened to the check from 9-2?? ''oh that one never went out'' . I get - ''I understand your frustration'' - oh I don't think you do!!!! the tree fell on my house in june, this is sept 22. do you really think you understand?? doubt it.... I asked to talk to a supervisor multiple times - got - not in yet, oh I am locked out of my computer, they are on another call, here is voicemail leave a message..and-- you're going to like this one - ''there are other people here that you can talk to but, I am the only one who can log onto the computers at 8:30". what kind of company is this. - i should have known something was up - their address is 5225 CROOKS RD no lie..... so I still wait to see if my contractor gets paid. as I write this I wait again for a call back from yet another supervisor - think I will just go out and *** the garden - that will be more productive. I was assured today yet again ''the check is in the mail'' only this time they closed the account. - this is very concerning to me, so I asked - what if I don't get the check, and you have now closed out my account? ''well you SHOULD get the check", this is very frustrating. how can a mortgage company play with people like this. the contractor in good faith fixed my house and has been more than patient waiting to get paid. maybe it is time to start 'mortgage shopping' because if this is the way cole taylor does business, then they are not for me.
ID

Already have Flood & Wind Insurance & have submitted proof but Cole Taylor continue to send me threatening notices!

I keep sending proof of coverage, they will not call or acknowledge my proof, it almost appears they are trying to sell insurance for someone I have submitted all Insurance forms but they continue sending letters to me. I have Flood and Wind all proper paperwork has been sent. I have called all parties no response. I am considering legal action because of the lack of response from Cole Taylor Mortgage. It has cost me a lot of time filing complaints against them. They are uncaring and act like a typical back. I am sorry they are the Mortgage Co. I now am stuck with. I have never missed a payment.

Same thing here. I endorsed and sent them a check months ago.

I jumped through all the hoops to prove I had the work done (multiple things notarized, contractor receipts, and even an inspection). 1 month after all that, still no check.

So I called today and guess what they say?

"We don't know what happened to your original check. It was supposed to be deposited into our escrow account but never was.

You will have to have your insurance company cut ANOTHER check."

So now I get to contact the insurance company and see if the check really wasn't deposited (they lost it), or if they are just flat out trying to steal.

Unbelievable. In the mean time I have contractors that are very anxiously waiting to be paid.

Orlando, Florida

Request for current mortgage statement

I had requested Cole Taylor Mortgage to send me my current mortgage statement as their website was unable to register new users. They asked me to send the request via mail and I did so. I had told me of the urgency in getting the statement as I needed it for another loan. They sent me a letter a week later stating that they needed 45 days to send me my current mortgage statement. In today's digital economy it seems hard to believe ti would take 45 days to get a statement. Ideally i would like to download it off the website, but the last three months they keep telling me the registration would be fixed at the end of the month and it has not.

I am dealing with this same issue. I am trying to qualify for a loan and to do so, I need to present all current mortgage statements.

Cole Taylor bank is unable to provide a statement of any kind.

They keep claiming their system does not have the ability to generate a monthly statement. What's frustrating, is consumers do not get to choose who services their loan.

Therefore, Cole Taylor bank has no incentive to improve. Banks like this, with incompetent mortgage servicing systems get no recourse for their ineptitude.

My home loan was secured through an agent of Cole Taylor Mortgage. We closed last month but have heard nothing from Cole Taylor Mortgage (CTM) except an attempt to sell us some unrelated insurance, no coupon book etc.

Their phone number and customer service department (open only during daytime hours EST apparently) led us to a recorded statement that they are closes "due to the holiday". Is there a holiday on June 9th??

None that I know of!!

I have been reading their paperwork and apparently I can make a prepayment but must sent a signed statement saying that I am doing so. I'm already getting sick of this and would gladly transfer the loan to another company,at a greater rate of interest, one that I trust and that is not so hard to contact.

View more comments (1)
Colorado Springs, Colorado

About

Summary

Cole Taylor Mortgage is one of the Cole Taylor Bank divisions. Cole Taylor Bank is a commercial one which is based in Chicago, IL. The home office of Cole Taylor Mortgage is located in Ann Arbor, MI. Cole Taylor Mortgage originates loans all over the country. It has locations in such states as California, Connecticut, Florida, Maryland, Taxes and much more.  Among the loan products offered by the company there is 15-Year Fixed-Rate Mortgage, 95% Loan-To-Value Mortgage, Adjustable Rate Mortgage, Jumbo Fixed-Rate Mortgage and others.

Cole Taylor Mortgage reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article