Colby agency is low level

I worked with Ryan for a few months and he never gave me money, he stole me 700$. He lied about my rate on a shoot, wanted to give me 300$ instead of 500$, and got caught by the designer. He finally ended by giving me nothing for the few runways and shoot I did when I am in his agency. Colby is a low level agency that won't reach you anywhere but its a good start to have some test shoots and some castings, if you are lucky. Most of the time his photographers are average or REALLY gross trashy gays. They would try to *** with you or to shoot you nude, please do not say yes. Nude are ok if its classy and at a nice level, which is not with Colby. Being shoot nude in a dirty studio or wearing a fox mask won't get you anywhere (Btw these photographers never gave me the previous pictures as I refused to shoot nude at the end). Ryan Colby himself is a mess. He tries to be *** by all his young models and they sometimes agree hoping he would then reach them to the top. I had to pretend I would *** with him someday or pretend I care about him and his life, in order to get shoots and castings. You can play him because he is ***, begs for sex/attention and under estimate young people. He thinks he is smarter than us and that we don't know his game. Be smarter than him, he is weak and cheap. Most of all, don't sign any contract with him. Always considers him like the first baby step in your career and be self confident, don't show your life/money situation isn't good, don't expect him to help you neither. He is not your manager, he is an agent, don't let him drive your life nor your choices, or you will end up like him : a fat trash living in Jersey and stealing people to pay a random cheap apt. If you get into the business, you'll see you can find better photographers and castings than him because successful people barely don't work with him. Also when you mention "Colby Models Management", people will pretty often know it but 95% will say "Ewww gross, what are you doing there? Please, tell me you did not sign any contract?!". So yes like I said, Colby is really bad but it can be a good first baby step or at least you will have some nice pictures for your facebook page and to show to your children in 10 years... Don't do nude, don't give him information about you that might become weapons later, you should not have to *** him or you don't have what it takes to model/act, be careful with all his friends they all are the same acabit, respect yourself and protect your image. Good luck, I hope my review will help someone.
ID
New York, New York
Pros
  • First baby step into modeling world
  • Some good runways for fashion week
  • One good photographer
Cons
  • Free work
  • Sexual harassment
  • Stealer
Reason of review
Problems with payment

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article