Coggin Made a mistake then Stole the Car back

I bought(leased) a car from Coggin Toyota two weeks ago. Everything was fine until they called me up and asked me to come by the dealership. That's when the nightmare started. They asked me to sign a purchase contract and wanted to tear up my lease contract in their words "to save me lots of money" I refused because the initial deal I got was payments of $566 for 60 months, the new contract they wanted me to sign was for payments of $704 for 75 months. Then they said I wasn't approved for the lease. They when asked later in the conversation with the manager if I was approved. He said yes, I was approved. I asked them if they wanted the car back. They said no. I told them if they wanted the car back to return all the money I had put down and my first payment they also took before the car was delivered and they could have the car back. They said they didn't want the car back. This morning I woke up to find the car was gone. I called the police and they told me Coggin repossessed the car. I have had to retain an attorney just to get my personal property from the car because no one at the dealership will tell me anything. My attorney says I have a binding contract but that taking them to court would be a waste of money because they do this all the time (the auto dealers) and that they hope people like me will go broke trying to fight them so we wont bother to fight and we'll just go away. The attorney also told me that Coggin will spend whatever it takes because they can and they know I can't. Talk about the average consumer getting a raw deal. They sold the car, made a mistake then stole the car back from me. Wrongful repossession and they have my personal property, nearly $7000 worth. How fair is that?
ID

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article