Resolved: Coffeewiz.com has the worst customer service ever

So I have one of those semi-ancient pod coffee makers. And it's tough to find coffee pods in stores- the selection usually isn't very good. So I started buying my coffee pods online. At first I was using coffeeforless.com- they were good until they did not send me a free bag of coffee I had earned. Long story short, I e-mailed them several times and told them that they were going to lose me as a customer. And they never responded or sent me my free coffee. So I switched to coffeewiz.com. Again, this was good for a while. They had a great selection, and free shipping on orders over $50, which works out pretty well when the coffee comes sealed- you can order a few months' worth of coffee and it's fine. The problem started when I ordered some "clearance" coffee in October of 2010. It was about half price and probably past its sell-by date (which is fine with me, I'm cheaper than I am picky). After about two days I received a call from a guy from New York (I live in Southern California) named Larry who had received my coffee order. I guess his name and address was on the outside and mine was on the form inside. He said he had tried to call their customer service and had not been able to talk to anyone, but he'd sent a couple e-mails (and they hadn't responded). So I sent an email as well. After a few days both Larry and I had gotten responses, both from the same woman (who may be their only customer service representative). In both e-mails she claimed she hadn't heard anything from the other person, which is weird- how often do they mix up orders like this? So eventually Larry was given a shipping label to send my order back. He warned me that a lot of the clearance coffee I had ordered was out of stock, according to the shipping form in the box. I wondered why I was not informed of this before my credit card was charged for the FULL AMOUNT of $50.50 that the total order came out to. When I finally received a box from coffeewiz, it contained $11 worth of coffee- all the clearance coffee I ordered was out of stock. I received a refund of about $20 from coffeewiz at some point before I received this box, but that leaves about another $18.00. After about another week of hearing nothing about a further refund I spent 45 MINUTES on hold on their phone line trying to sort this out. In order to stay on the line I had to hit "1" about every 30 seconds otherwise I would be "automatically redirected" to an answering machine (seriously, what the ***??- they really don't want to deal with people). Clearly, I was being stubborn. I wanted to talk to a person. After those 45 minutes, I gave up because I was wasting my daytime cell minutes. I sent the same polite but angry email to every available e-mail address on the site. I told them I was disgusted with their handling of the situation. I told them that I was going to get my bank involved if my money was not refunded. THAT got their attention. I got another e-mail from the same woman who Larry and I had been communicating with before. After another 4 days, I got my $18. But the most apology I received was "We're very sorry..." Despite my threats to stop giving them business and to tell others about my bad experience, they did not make any serious attempt to keep me as a customer (eg, offering me a coupon or at least a more sincere-sounding apology). Larry, during one of our conversations about the situation with my coffee, told me that over the last year he has had other similar bad experiences trying to get any customer service at that site. So don't buy coffee from coffeewiz. I've been using coffeecow.com so far, and I guess we'll see what happens. I'm running out of coffee pod-selling sites.

As someone else said - great company until you have an issue.

Ordered coffee on 5/6. It has not yet arrived. Cant get any updates or details on my order, or anyone to return a contact email. They had no problem taking my money though.. .They have until after the bank holiday on Monday, then it;s time to get the credit card company involved.

NEVER again Coffeewiz

I used to be ac customer until...

I received a shipment where most of the boxes of coffee pods had been opened and then resealed with packing tape. There was also loose coffee in the shipping container. I called immediately and they sent FedEx back to pick up the box. So far so good, but the fact that they thought it was OK to ship like this means they have already lost me as a customer.

A month later I sent an email asking where my replacement coffee was. No response.

Its been almost two months now, I called today and they said they will issue a refund. We will see.

Have yet to have problems and have been satisfied.

Have yet to have problems and have been satisfied.

Terrible customer service! I was sent wrong coffee, and after several emails and notifying customer service, I have still never even gotten the courtesy of a response.

Good coffee, good site UNTIL you have an issue, then customer service - terrible. They just don't care if they lose you as a customer even one like me who was with them for years! Goodbye Coffeewiz.

View more comments (5)
Resolved
ID
San Diego, California

About

Coffeewiz Terms of Service
The Customer have not viewed any products recently. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEB SITE. THE USER'S USE OF THIS WEB SITE CONFIRMS THE CLIENT'S UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF THE USER DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THIS WEB SITE. Products, Content and Specifications. Certain weights, measures and similar descriptions are approximate and are provided for convenience purposes only. The inclusion of any products or services on this Web Site at a particular time does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available at any time. It is The Client's responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state, federal and international laws (including minimum age requirements) in regard to the possession, use and sale of any item purchased from this Web Site.
To read more: http://www.coffeewiz.com/service/terms.aspx
Coffeewiz Privacy Policy
The Customer have not viewed any products recently. www.coffeewiz.com take the security of The Customer's online transactions seriously. The User's credit card information is protected by state-of-the-art encryption software. The encryption process makes The Client's online ordering safe; it is the standard for processing a secure credit card order over the Internet. At coffeewiz.com, The Company are fully aware of the concerns about personal privacy on the Internet. The Company have created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate Coffeewiz's' firm commitment to privacy. Coffeewiz.com employs data-acquisition practices that provide Coffeewiz's' clients with value and that foster the level of trust among consumers that is necessary to grow long-term value relationships. It is completely The Customer's decision how much personally identifiable information The Client of Coffeewiz choose to disclose to Coffeewiz.com.
To read more: http://www.coffeewiz.com/service/privacy.aspx
Coffeewiz FAQ
The Client have not viewed any products recently. Orders ship via Super Saver (USPS Smartpost) or Fedex Ground. Expedited FedEx shipping options like 2nd day and overnight shipping are available. Cost is based on location, weight and size of the shipped package. Yes… please sign up for Coffeewiz's' newsletter for the latest discounts and coupons available. Also follow Website on facebook and twitter. Super Saver (USPS) shipping could take up to 9 business days to arrive. As soon as an item appears on backorder www.coffeewiz.com do note it on the site. Unfortunately there are times when a customer places an order and one of the items on the order is out of stock. If and when this happens The Client will be notified via email or via phone. www.coffeewiz.com do hold the entire order until complete unless the customer requests a replacement for the backordered items.
To read more: http://www.coffeewiz.com/service/faq.aspx
Summary

Coffeewiz serves gourmets who love qualitative tea and coffee, providing them with products that make the process of making their favorite drink as fast and easy as possible. The company sells coffee and tea brewers from the leading manufacturers, such as Dolce Gusto, Keurig and Tassimo, as well as original mugs, cups and tumblers. And, of course, it offers great assortment of coffee, tea, hot chocolate and cappuccino for any test. Here you can find hazelnut coffee pods, roast decaf coffee pods, java coffee pods, butter pecan coffee pods, French vanilla coffee pods and much more flavors that will make you able to start every morning with a cup of new exclusive and exotic hot drink.

Coffeewiz reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article