Verified Reviewer

Very Unhappy Customer

Update by user Jun 02, 2021

No have not heard from Clopay, after posted this. Not a good company.

Update by user Apr 29, 2021

Filed a complaint with the Department of Consumer Protection. Learned Sales Rep was not registered which is a violation. And there is no cancelation clause on the contract which is a violation.

Update by user Apr 29, 2021

Per Clopay's email they stated it is what it is - talk to the Dealer. Clopay sent me to the dealer, and is now blaming the dealer.

Original review posted by user Apr 29, 2021
I went on Copay's website design center and designed the perfect door. Once complete Copay sent me to the nearest dealer. I than purchase the door $9,000 and waited with excitement for the door to arrive. To my disappointment the door came and was NOT what I ordered. After the fact, I'm told by Clopay Customer Service the design had to be changed to fit my opening - too bad you're stuck!

User's recommendation: Do NOT order from Clopay they do NOT have the customer's best interest.

ID
Pros
  • Nice brochures and website
  • Offer wood customer doors
  • Provide a nice wood door - when built correctly
Cons
  • Do not care about customer satisfaction
  • Do not stand by their customers
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Ideal Doors/Clopay Inferior Quality Products.

I purchased a 9X7 door from Menard's in 3/2015. Due to surgery, I did not install the door until 7/2015. I followed the included install guide, and, not even 2 weeks after the installation, the bearing on the torsion bar had came separated from it's holder, causing extra strain on the door to operate, causing the top portion of the door to buckle. When submitting everything to Ideal/Clopay online, they blamed the incident on "poor installation", even though their defective bearing was the root cause of the problem. They won't even acknowledge that part of the issue. So, I guess I am stuck with an inferior quality door, the time spent installing it, and, as I live less than 30 miles from their manufacturing plant, I guess we'll just have to give them some highway advertisement, since apparently, they are afraid to get out from behind their desks, go out in the field, and see how POOR their quality truly is. So much for supporting the local economy, go out of the US and buy something that WILL be supported by the manufacturer.
#2007964

Clopay does NOT back their customers. They blame you and/or dealer.

ID
Urbana, Ohio
Cons
  • Poor quality
Reason of review
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Replace damaged parts, cause by their defective part.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article