Lawn equipment company failed to perform

I dropped off my Craftsman Power Trimmer because I was having issues with it keeping idle. It worked, but kept stalling. Clinton Road Power is located in Brooklyn, Ohio. Chris, the owner said it would take a week to look at it and fix. This was on June 16, 2015. On the work order is the statement by them, "Call if over $50.00". On August 28th, after several calls and stop ins, I was told it was fixed. Cost.$48.60, and told the carb was replaced. I asked them to start it to make sure it worked. It did not. Worked but would not hold an idle. Left the unit there to fix. Called back a week later and told that they could not fix it, but would replace the motor with another. They did. Replaced with a Troy-bilt. Only after replacing the motor, the driveshaft was broken. It wasn't broken before, nor was it listed on the invoice as broken. I finally picked up the working trimmer, and was charged for another $43 dollars for a new driveshaft, what I suspect was never broken. I picked up the unit on September 21, 2015.
ID
Athens, Ohio
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article