Cleveland Motors Reviews

Show reviews that mention
car business excellent condition deal guys sales price hood drive condition
Filter review

Cleveland Motors Inc.

I just had the exact same thing happen to me. I live in the Greater Cincinnati area and asked to see additional pictures of the vehicle so that i could feel good about offering a price. He send the pictures i wanted and ensured that the truck was in great condition. SO I negotiated a price with Cat and asked what i needed to do next. He told me to go to their website to complete the credit application to which I immediately did. I followed up with another text asking if there was anything else i needed to do, and he said no. That he would get in contact with me. The very next morning I sent Cat another text to make sure we were good to close on the truck and gave him my plans for traveling up to Cleveland. A few minutes later, he responded and said he'd touch base early afternoon. Around 12:00 he left me a VM and I immediately returned his call to find that he had sold the truck out from under me. He said we didn't have an agreement and they didn't run my credit and that i didn't give them any deposit to hold the truck. I told him that is a poor way of doing business and he knows it. After reading you're comments, this sounds like Cat's MO. I'm very disappointed in Cat's ethical standards. I think it is complete BS that he did that to me and then tried to say that he is a Moral and ethical person. I find that completely hard to believe. I plan to pursue this to the fullest extent. Better Business Bureau and any means via social media so that people know of his business practices. Completely unacceptable.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Cons
  • Completely unethical in an attempt to make an extra 500
Reason of review
Broke a Written agreement to purchase a vehicle
Loss

Review in Dealers category from South Bend, Indiana

I was taking with Cat today, about a 2011 Silverado, and was getting my loan approved by my local credit union. I said to him that I did not want to lose this truck. I live about 4 hours from Cleveland and shared, with him, my plans to ride a motorcycle out this Saturday to pick up the truck. He informed me of the new Harley dealer that opened nearby and how they may be able to help me get the bike in the bed of the truck for the drive back home. Cat was to fax the deal to my CU and I told him after they contacted me, to let me know they received the documents, I would call him back with the deposit. Several hours later, Cat calls me and apologizes for not getting back with me sooner, but he was with the customer that bought this very same truck! He said to me, "Don't think that I sold it out from under you." They were a local customer, with a trade-in and I believe he said they financed with Cleveland Motors as well. Humph... I call this very bad business. Cat said we didn't have a deal since I didn't put the $309 deposit down. I asked him why he didn't call me to inform me someone came in. He stated he was busy with a customer...the very customer that bought my truck. I guess the sale is more important than the customer. Cat wasted my time today. What do you think?
#1120343

I feel your pain but having been in the business 30 years I can tell you that by law (at least in Ca) any vehicle is for "sale" until someone signs a contract.

South Bend, Indiana

Lies,lies and more lies

I enquire about a vehicle,i get a pitch which makes the car sound perfect,so we decide to view,what a heap of ***.the attitude of the sales guy was arrogant,and thought he was Gods gift.We both new the only thing on his mind was money.Ours by any means he could think of.his name was kat and he was the main man. I warn you keep away from Cleveland Motors,nothing was as described on the cell phone that lured us to his site he thought he was having our money but we escaped with it.he contacted us again saying he had found other vehicles which he thought we would go for.what an arrogant ***

Hello,

Unfortunately no such customer exists. This is a hate e-mail in regards to a website that can remove feedback off pissed consumer.

Cleveland Motors was contacted by a third party website stating they have an inner connection that can remove feedback from this website at a fee of $1,500. If this is not a scam then I don't know what is. Please do not judge us by people who post anonymous and have no accurate account of any doing Of such. If this was a legitimate claim then please provide your name and address for everyone to see.

We at Cleveland Motors take pride in what we do. We stand behind everyone of our vehicles and keep good relationships with our customers.

Cat

Cleveland Motors, Inc.

440-281****

@PissedConsumer999349

BS. Customer was 100% accurate.

DO NOT trust Cleveland Motors at any cost!! Buyer BEWARE!

@PissedConsumer1004248

Customer was accurate? I thought you are the customer. My point proven and well noted here!

View more comments (2)
Sheffield, England
Poor customer service

Make sure you thoroughly look at the car, they will always tell you the car is in "excellent" condition

Stay away. I was going to buy a car from there and our salesman advertised it as in excellent condition. Their definition of excellent condition was that the car had poor paintwork done, and other minor things such as the hood was not properly aligned. He failed to mention this over the phone and I wasted my day, including a 4 hour drive one way out to the dealership to try to pick up the car. I ended up not buying the car and ripping up the check. If you have to buy a car from these guys, make sure they you take a real good look at it and also maybe bring it to another business to get a second opinion.
#1120345

But a new car.

Mr. Nguyen,

You initially contacted us on this vehicle and we did a full walk around inside and out of the vehicle to make you comfortable about your shopping experience with us.

This vehicle in question had over 83,000 miles and was never advertised as being in an excellent condition. You had mentioned that this was your fourth vehicle in the last few days that did not meet your criteria.

We hope that you find that perfect vehicle and come see us again in the near future.

-Cat

Cleveland Motors, Inc.

View more comments (1)
Henrietta, New York
Not as described/ advertised

Car buying experience at cleveland motors

Worst car buying experience ever. I bought a premuim suv for bout 28000$. The car fax they showed me was a clean one. I noticed some paint work done on the rear end of the car, so my feeling is that this car was in a *** condition(not reported to carfax somehow) in an auction, fixed it and selling them as nothing was ever wrong with them. It was my fault that i did not check it throughly, but i relied on the sales guys when they said nothing was ever wrong with the car, and we are able to give you great deal only because we are wholesalers and not because they repair *** cars and sell them. 1 Day later i am having trouble with the wheels, tires, steering , bad sounds from under the hood. When i called them they are saying, you signed the papers and we are not responsible for anything at this point. They gave a great deal, but a *** car(i feel that they bought salvage cars that are not reported to carfax and cleaning them and selling them at 1500$ less than average market price, sounding like a great deal)

Our dealership specializes only in Carfax Certified vehicles. Carfax generally provides accurate reports but there are rare cases when certain things may not be reported.

The vehicle described in the previous review does not show any signs of damage. Please don't judge us by an unfair review. We stand by our vehicles and don't just tell customers that they signed the paperwork and its not our responsibility anymore. We work hard to make sure our cars are mechanically and cosmetically sound.

Cleveland Motors always works with it's customers should any problems arise. We have earned multiple awards through our dedication to customer service and put out the best cars that we can.

We never use any pushy sales tactics and always take the time to accurately answer all questions and address all concerns. We care about each and every customer and always try to deliver a positive shopping experience.

Cleveland, Ohio
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article