Lost $500 and Wife's watch

OK, let's start with, YES, I was *** and gullible. About two years ago, my wife's REPLICA Rolex (Yes, she knew it was a replica.) broke. I researched the internet for repair services. I came across Clean My Watch. I emailed and asked them about their services. Russell Taus, owner, responded and said that his company would do the repair and restore the watch to new condition for $750. When I purchased the watch new, it was almost $1200. Yes, I, NOW, know how *** that was. As far as the repair, I thought that the $750 for a newly restored watch would be a better deal than starting over with finding another new Replica. Russell said the restoration would take about 4 weeks. He wanted 50% up front and the balance when the watch was finished. I thought that $375 was an excessive deposit. I sent him $250. I called after about three weeks and asked how the process was going. He replied with an "on schedule" comment. He also, requested another payment. I, foolishly, gave him another $250. Weeks went by and no news of the watch. I called and emailed. During one contact, Russell asked for the balance of what was owed. I told him he has all the money that he was going to get until I get the watch back. I told him he needs to send the watch to me first and after I inspect it, I will send him the balance due. Needless to say, I have not heard from Russell Taus nor seen my wife's watch. I have copies of all of our email correspondence. Russell talks a good game and sounds convincing but he is a NEW YORK CROOK and SCAM ARTIST. I asked him to, please, send my wife's watch back even if it was not repaired. I figured, Russell Taus took my money and then repaired my wife's watch and resold it. All illegal profit. Clean My Watch is a SCAM.

If factual, I am sorry that Russell has passed away. If his company was legitimate, it would have contacted the individuals that had on-going work to let them know the status of their projects. The Clean My Watch company should have returned the watch.

@PissedConsumer985635

Russel was actually a good person. He was a one man show.

Russel is deceased as of 050614.

View more comments (2)
ID
Savannah, Georgia
Cons
  • Clean my watch it is a scam
Reason of review
DID NOT DELIVER
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Tag watch with a sapphire crystal, repaired using a mineral crystal but charged me for the sapphire one.

Update by user Feb 25, 2014

Finally... I received "the check" today.

Update by user Feb 15, 2014

Russel has promised a check yet again.... Actions speak louder than words!!!

Update by user Feb 04, 2014

Russel, the owner of Clean My Watch, has contacted me , and stated he would be sending me a check. It's been three weeks now, and I still haven't seen anything... (must be in the mail)

Original review posted by user Jan 15, 2014
This is currently an ongoing dispute. At present, the owner hasn't responded to my efforts to contact him, with the details he asked for, for over a week. It has been approximately three weeks since I first contacted him. He did respond to that contact, but offered no solution. Once he had my watch, he informed me that my quote would have to be increased because the sapphire crystal was much more expensive, so he was aware of the type of crystal the watch used. The watch had another unrelated issue and was sent back to Tag Heuer for repair and review of the crystal. This is when I new for certain it wasn't what I had paid for at Cleanmywatch. I found out after the fact that the owner works on grandfather clocks and subcontracts out the other work... not at all what the web site leads one to believe. I will keep this post up to date.

Russel passed away May 2014. RiP

View more comments (1)
ID
Dekalb, Illinois
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article