Verified Reviewer

The tops separated from the soles on my Clarks shoes.

I called customer service and the woman I talked with said there is no warranty on their shoes, so there is nothing they could do. BUMMER!
Minnetonka, Minnesota

Verified Reviewer

Damaged product

Clarks - Damaged product
I started to wear Clarks shoes (my birthday gift) a week ago and found out that I got cracks on the sole of the shoe.
#2089784

Please respond to my complain.

Product
Clarks Usa Shoes
Loss
Preferred solution
exchange

Mask Mandate

Ive been using Clarks for 5 to 6 years with the recent pandemic 2020 has been a rough year and everyone however Ive never worn a mask going into the Clarks on new circle road on my way to work every day on my lunch break on my way home with Aiden from work never once have I worn a mask in the store for the whole year of 2020Then last week I go in the store the lady tells me that corporate sent her a memo saying that I was not welcome in that store without a mask my phone number 859-492-**** I need someone to call me thank you Jack Crowe

User's recommendation: At this time until we get a solution to this I would not recommend the store to anyone if we get this resolved me and every other patriot in Lexington Kentucky will spend our money at your store.

Lexington-Fayette, Kentucky
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Clark shoes

I own many pairs of Clark shoes. The tops detached from the soles on two different pairs that are about 6 or 7 years old but are in good shape, since I did not give them excessive wear. When I took them to a shoemaker for repair, he told me they cannot be repaired and that Clark used a material to stitch them that disintegrated. He added that he had many customers come to him with the same problem. He also said that other customers had no luck contacting the store where they were purchased or trying to reach the company that makes them. I am curious to know if anyone else has encountered this problem and if any satisfaction was obtained trying to rememdy it.

My sandals were not that old. I only had them about 2 years.

You buy leather so they will last. I was shopping yesterday 4/12/15 - the sole just blew apart. The threads were intact but the rubber crumbled. I will never buy another pair of these expensive junk sandals.

It is not something I wore everyday it was a casual sandal I would wear on weekends when not working. Done with Clarks.

I don't know if the original poster will see this, but I work in management for Clarks and I am familiar with this problem. It is called "hydrolosis" and occurs when a pair of shoes is worn occasionally, and then left in a wardrobe for a long time without being worn at all.

Basically, the moisture residue from the sweat you left in the shoes the few times they were worn has reacted with the leather and caused them to disintigrate. The shoes are being designed now to combat this, but it will occur on older pairs. Your store should be able to give you a £10 gift voucher in exchange for this, but there is nothing else Clarks or a repairer is able to do.

Shoes should be worn every so often to keep them lasting longer. This may seem a bit paradoxical, but it's also true.

@PissedConsumer412438

I have cheap brand shoes that I have had for years that have never done this. My issue is the sole...the threads and leather upper are intact.

The sole cracked as I was walking and broke apart.

I was basically barefoot in the mall and had to buy a pair of shoes. My sister said she had a pair that did the same thing.

The same thing happened to me! I had two pairs of Clarks clogs.

I loved them. I moved from FL to PA the winter of 2009. In the summer I took the one of the pairs out of the closet to wear them. They fell apart!!!!

I tried the second pair and the same thing happened!!!! I bought them in late 2002, one pair in red and one in brown. I wore them a lot. I can't believe they both fell apart at the same exact time.

I did get them at a buy one get one 50% off sale, but still. I would not have expect both pairs to fall apart at the same exact time.

View more comments (3)
Erie, Pennsylvania

Brands Related to Clarks

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article