City World Toyota - Auto Leasing Review from Bronx, New York

I'm actually giving a star because I love the truck but the truth is... We got screwed!! I came into Toyota with A 2008 Mercedes Benz Gl550. I wanted a Toyota truck equivalent to it in power and technology more affordable. I was looking for the Land Cruiser but we Went with Mike in the leasing department and decided to go with the leasing department. I truly felt like mike was trying to give us a good deal at first. He showed us a Sequoia with 25 miles and I was amazed. We decided to take it and the numbers we worked out was in the $800 a month range which is the average on a new limited 2015 sequoia at the time right?? .... Ok moving on.. We went into financing and the numbers jumped into nearly the $1200 - a month ON A LEASE!!!!! I said *** no!! Walked away. I was called back to negotiate better numbers. They gave me the car for $1102 a month and they told us they will put us in Tier 1 plus Toyota Credit(the highest credit they have) they also stated to us we can drive the car for a few months- if it doesn't work out for us. They will swap us out and put us in whatever we want to lease. So we took the deal after trying vigorously to get the payment even Lower. Now this is when it really get Funky! When we signed the agreement for the lease. Everything was on a signing pad where you can't really skim the reading properly to see what's in there- we had no idea this was a 60 Month lease and on top of that- the ballon payment after we pay it off is 27000 dollars. From January to May we drove the truck- loved it- but decided that we'd prefer something more comfortable in price and fuel economy. Things changed around completely- they're looking at our credit again as if we didn't buy the car from them. I was given the complete run around with Jose in financing and furthermore, they wanted a ginormous amount of money down!! So now I'm still with the sequoia (still love it-hence the star), but City world lost my business and anyone that I know personally looking for a car. I don't want anyone to go through what I went through.
ID
Bronx, New York
Service
City World Toyota Auto Leasing
Pros
  • Truck
Cons
  • Service
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article