Dishonest practices have cost me $4000

City auto Group sold me a 2018 Nissan representing it as being in great shape. I paid in cash $18,300. The ONE and ONLY repair it needed the dealership mgr. said was that the backup sensor didn’t work so he gave me $200 in cash in lieu of repairing it. Once we drove back home - 3 hour drive- and took it to our service dept at the local dealership he found $4,000 in major repairs needed. After finding this out my husband talked to Mr. Shaw who promised to pay half. To save money we got another estimate at a local reputable mechanic who has incorporated used parts to keep the cost down. We have trued many many times to reach Mr. Shaw and he never answers or calls back. Mr Shaw told us in discussions while we were there that he buys his used cars at auction. In talking to others who do the same it’s clear they examine the cars and know any possible problems they may have. I feel I was intentionally deceived and lied to. I would never have paid what I did for a car with these major problems. I’ve been without my car for over a month. Now I’m at a loss for how to pay my mechanic. He completely lied to me and I’m still without a car and a way to pay to get it out.
ID
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
Product
Nissan Car
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article