Verified Reviewer

CITRUS HAS SOME ISSUES THAT SERIOUSLY NEED TO BE ADDRESSED.

MY MOM WAS ADMITTED INTO CITRUS MEMORIAL IN AUGUST OF 2022. SHE HAD A SEVERE CASE OF CELLULITIS THAT THREATENED TO TAKE HER LEGS. SHE WAS SEVERELY DEPRESSED AND IN A-LOT`OF PAIN. CITRUS WAS THE CLOSEST HOSPITAL TO US AND BC MY MOTHER DIDNT HAVE INSURANCE WAS OUR BEST OPTION. EVERYDAY SHE WOULD CALL ME AND SHE WOULD CALL ME AND CRY ABOUT HOW SHE WAS TREATED. CLAIMING THGEY TREATED HER WORSE THAN SOMEONE MIGHT TREAT THEIR PET. BECAUSE SHE HAD A HISTORY OF DRUG ABUSE, THEY DIDNT WANT TO PRESCRIBE HER ANY PAIN MEDS SO SHE WAS LEFT TO DEAL WITH THE PAIN. SHE WOULD SCREAM AND CRY ALL NIGHT LONG BC SHE HURT SO BAD AND THEY WOULD TAUNT HER, LIKE IF SHE DIDNT QUIT CRYING THEY WOULD THREATEN TO NOT GIVE HER THE LIL BIT OF MILD PAIN RELIEVER THEY WERE ALLOWING HER TO HAVE. SHE WAS NEVER ABLE TO SLEEP MOSTLY BC OF THE PAIN THEN BC EVERYTIME SHE WOULD DOSE OFF ANOTHER NURSE WOULD COME THRU AND WAKE HER FOR SOMETHING STUPID. LIKE IT WASNT HARD ENOUGH TO FALL ASLEEP ALREADY. I WOULD HAVE TO CALL UP THERE AND SPEND HOURS ON THE PHONE JUST TRYING TO GET THEM TO LET HER DRINK SOMETHING. I UNDERSTAND NOT BEING ALLOWED TO EAT OR DRINK FOR CERTAIN TESTS BUT FOR DAYS SHE WAS ON FLUID RESTRICTION AND I JUST COULDNT FIGURE OUT WHY THAT WAS NECESSARY. IM NOT SURE IF MAYBE THEY WERE SHORT HANDED BUT ASKING A NURSE TO BE ATTENTIVE WAS ASKING TOO MUCH. SOME OF THE COMMENTS THAT WAS MADE TO MY MOTHER WAS UNHEARD OF. EVEN COMING FROM THE DOCTOR HIMSELF. MY MOTHER CRIED REAL TEARS OVER A COMMENT THAT WAS MADE ABOUT HER DRUG HISTORY. I DONT CARE WHAT KIND OF PAST SOMEONE HAS, THAT DOESNT DEFINE WHO A PERSON IS TODAY. NOONE IS BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE, WE ALL HAVE OUR ADDICTIONS REGARDLESS WHAT IT MAY BE. AND NOONE HAS THE RIGHT TO JUDGE ANYONE ELSE. YOU CAN FEEL HOW U FEEL BUT HAVE ENOUGH COURTESY TO KEEP UR OPINION TO YOURSELF. BY THE TIME MY MOM WAS RELEASED SHE WAS SUICIDAL. I COULDNT BELIEVE HOW UNPROFESSIONAL A HOSPITAL COULD BE. I PROMISED MY MOTHER NEVER AGAIN WOULD I LEAVE HER IN SUCH PEOPLES CARE.

User's recommendation: GO SOMEWHERE ELSE, IT’S WORTH THE GAS TO GO A LITTLE FURTHER.

ID
Orlando, Florida

Citrus Memorial Hospital Inverness Florida Dangerous don't go

I took my daughter to their ER and because she is a minor 16 they would not do any testing even though it could be a life threatening issue. I complained to the director that was there and I saw another doctor but she did not want to go against the other. Then she stated "you can stay here and sip water or you can go home and sip water." Then further stated, "even if we did testing we do not have a pediatric floor we would have to transfer her." So do the testing if benign great if not lets transfer. I got aggravated and was like ok bye ty. Sad that the doctor a good doctor said take her to Ocala.
ID
Do not send a 16 year old away without any testing at all

Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers Expert Talks

4th COVID Vaccine, Monkeypox, Mask-Optional Policy

Jan 6, 2022

COVID, monkeypox, mask-optional policy: Are we safe? Watch an expert interview with Prof. Karen Jubanyik from Yale to learn more about viruses and how to stay protected.

Prof. Karen Jubanyik
Prof. Karen Jubanyik

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article