Dishonest Landlord

My husband and I used to rent a Citifront apartment in Salt Lake City, Utah. Our lease with Citifront ended on January 31st of 2018, but we moved out of the apartment on January 6th of 2018 because of my husband starting school in a different state. We paid our rent for the whole month of January in full and we did email the management in December to notify them that we would be moving out before January 31st. We cleaned the apartment on January 5th and decided to drop off the keys to the management office the next day. They were supposed to be open on Saturdays from 10 to 2pm, but when we went there to drop the keys off, there was a paper sign saying they won't be open that Saturday. Since we were moving out of state, could not wait till Monday to return the keys. I sent the keys and an envelope for the security deposit with the address which they received on January 12th according to USPS tracking info. Under Utah law, a landlord must return the tenant's security deposit within 30 days after the tenant has moved out. We even had to send the Tenant's Notice for Deposit via certified mail (they received it on Feb.16th) and even then we received our check 5 days later, on February 24th minus $40 and they never sent us any itemization or reasons as to why there were deductions from our deposit.
ID
#1204962 Review #1204962 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Service
Citifront Apartment Apartment Rental
Reason of review
Problems with payment
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article