Verified Reviewer

Fees are ridiculous

Hi, Love your shows, but will no longer attend because of TicketMaster et al fees. Ive asked to be removed from your mailing lists etc. Plz stop sending me emails, and any other correspondence, I simply dont engage any longer. Im not paying $65/per ticket in service charges in order to purchase tickets to a show in addition to already pricey tickets. Im out, take me off of any lists. I dont want to hear about your shows any longer. Thanks Meg Moneghan
Preferred solution
TicketMaster fees be removed or reduced. I can see $65/transaction vs. per ticket.

Verified Reviewer

Refused to honor promised discount

Cirque du Soleil - Refused to honor promised discount
We were planning a trip to Playa del Carmen, Mexico and received an email solicitation from the Cirque Du Soleil located at the Vidanta resort there. They offered a 15% discount on our tickets if we made reservations before May 1st, 2022 using the promo code JOYA202219. They provided a phone number, but did not say that the offer was contingent on the reservation being made through that number. I visited their website to see the various packages offered, the pricing and the seating available for the dates we wanted. I booked the reservation while online but didn't see a place to enter the promo code. I called the Cirque du Soleil customer service number immediately after making the reservation (within 2 minutes), to request that the promo code be applied to my purchase. They refused to honor the offer, saying that it was "against their policy to issue any sort of refund after the reservation had been made" - even if it was only 2 minutes ago. I then requested to cancel my reservation. They stated that cancellations and refunds were also against their policy. The discount would have been $150 for the four tickets that I purchased (15% of $1000). Clearly, a well thought out marketing ploy to attract customers with a discount, then pull it back due to arbitrary company policies".

User's recommendation: Just plan on paying full price.

Atlanta, Georgia

Cirque du soleil are crooks

I was given Michael Jackson Immortal tickets as a gift for Nov. 2011. That show was canceled without any notice and rescheduled for Aug. 2012. They canceled that one too without any notice. I went to the event center for the show and then found out it had been canceled along with the other people there. To this day almost 2 years later I have not received a refund or as much as an apology from them. I'm so angry they haven't responded to me at all. I have emailed them several times and still NOTHING! I'm furious with them. I don't think that is a very good way to run a company as big as they are. I feel that I have ripped off from them and they totally stole my money. I will NEVER put any of my money out for one of their shows and recommend everyone else to be cautious as you spend your money for one of their shows. They may steal your money too and cancel the show without notice.

I agree ...a rip off! I bought tickets for an Orlando show in August 2015 via telephone.

I paid with my bank debit card. They gave me a verbal confirmation number. We had to reschedule for Nov..Same row and same seats. I was given a new confirmation number and told the tickets would be at the box office for me.

They asked for 2 forms of ID and gave me the tickets. When I got my bank statement I found they charged me again on the day I picked up the tickets. . It is now 1/25/16 and still unresolved.

Their response is "it never happened." They say the girl at the box office remembers me and she did not charge me again. RIGHT! Thousands come there but she remember ME. Their problem resolution person did not seem interested in resolving this.

. Surely their accounts do not balance...

I am dropping my Cirque membership and telling everyone I know. I'll never go again.

Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article