Verified Reviewer

The worst insurance company ever!

Only sign up with Cigna if you truly enjoy being ripped off by a bunch of fraudsters who basically lie, cheat, and steal to sustain their business. This is honestly the most deceptive and fraudulent insurance company which Ive ever been ensured with in my whole life!! (And trust me, Ive dealt with quite a few in my lifetime.) All Cigna does is falsely guarantee their members they will be covered for certain procedures and care, only to then turn around and try to use legal technicalities in an effort to cheat those same members out of the care which they are legally entitled to. Cigna is a true master at the art of deception and dishonesty!! This company sunk to an all-time brand new low when they basically tried to finagle their way out of covering truly critical medical care which I had needed. As if being in intense agony and excruciating pain due to my medical condition wasnt bad enough, I had the added insult on top of that when my own insurance company basically tried to play me, saying I was fresh out of luck and not covered for the care which I had needed. (Even though there were several doctors on my care team who had provided Cigna with valid medical reasons as to why I had needed the care which I had needed at the time.) Cigna however, just didnt want to face facts. They view truly critical care for their members as essentially a financial liability on their balance sheets, since paying out those claims affects their bottom line business and profits. That is the only thing which Cigna truly cares about, not their members believe me, its not the members. So the next time you see one of those cheezey Cigna commercials on T.V. or phony videos on Youtube or some other online forum, just please remember that you are not going to be covered or protected by a company who is truly in the business of caring about their members. Those phony clichés of Cignas are so unbelievably commonplace and blatantly untrue, that it makes me just want to *** The purpose of us posting reviews here on Google is to share our honest experiences with a company, and trust me when I tell you that mine with Cigna was beyond deplorable and inhumane. So for those reasons, I feel that it is my civic duty and my obligation to forewarn others about how crummy this insurance company treats its own members, and about how dishonest and sleazy they are. Cigna has no soul, no conscience, and no scruples of any kind!!! They will sell your medical care and health out in a New York minute to advance themselves financially. The best advice which I could give to someone considering signing up for insurance with Cigna is to avoid this insurance company like the Bubonic Plague!!!t
Denver, Colorado
Service
Cigna Gold Health Insurance
Loss
Preferred solution
Just stop cheating consumers! Do the morally right thing... for once.

Avoid Cigna Insurance Company If Your Life Depends Upon It (Literally)

My only granddaughter died after a long struggle with leukemia a few weeks ago. Cigna Insurance Company unfortunately, tried to find numerous methods of not covering some of the services which she'd needed. One of these had included a necessary blood transfusion. While it is true that my granddaughter’s health had been in rapid decline throughout the past year, all the consistent denials from Cigna Insurance Company certainly didn’t help matters. This insurance company did eventually cover some procedures as summarized in my granddaughter’s plan for blood transfusion care. However, a lot of the delay and deny tactics which Cigna Insurance Company had so callously used probably cost my granddaughter precious time which would’ve been needed to possibly allow for her to make a full recovery. I’m not blaming Cigna Insurance Company directly for my granddaughter’s death, but I am blaming them for using what I honestly felt were dishonest stall tactics to ultimately avoid covering some of the procedures which she had needed several months earlier. Their entire appeals process was extremely cold-hearted, dragging on for several months when it shouldn’t have. It was quite sickening to know that doctors and medical directors representing Cigna who weren’t even directly involved in my granddaughter’s care were ultimately making what I felt almost amounted to certain life and death decisions. My family and I will never know for sure whether Cigna’s delay tactics were ultimately responsible for hastening my granddaughter’s death. Maybe they were, but then again maybe my granddaughter was just too ill all along to recover. She did have underlying medical complications, yet these could have possibly been alleviated using a more empathetic and caring approach by Cigna which I don’t feel like they ever used. My granddaughter to Cigna, seemed to be nothing more than just a ‘number’ who the company didn’t seem to want to provide care or coverage for. I firmly believe this was because Cigna viewed some of the expensive care procedures which my granddaughter would have needed as being too costly, amounting to nothing more than a profit loss of premiums collected versus claims paid on their corporation’s balance sheets. That is certainly how it seemed to be. It is such a shame that an insurer as large as Cigna Insurance Company would choose to act this way, with such utter disregard for human life. Obviously, I can’t make the decision for those reading this review as to whether they will or should decide on their own to use Cigna Insurance Company for their healthcare needs. (My family of course, never will again.) Yet my bigger goal of sharing this for public view is to allow for my granddaughter’s story to serve as a cautionary tale, so others can make their own well-informed decisions regarding their family’s healthcare needs. This insurer here, Cigna Insurance Company in my view, doesn’t seem to be very ethical. The health and well-being of their members appears secondary to the company’s profit versus loss strategic goals of limiting and minimizing payment or coverage on valid, possibly life-enhancing claims. There’s much more which I could write here, but honestly I don’t think it would make a difference in how Cigna Insurance Company ultimately chooses to conduct its business. Maybe a company representative or spokesperson might choose to post a standard company response below, denying virtually everything that I had alluded to above. However, Cigna Insurance Company knows very well, in their hearts, that their delay and denial tactics certainly did not do anything to help my granddaughter’s chances of survival, even if they were not directly responsible for her death. Thank you everyone, for taking the time to read and share my story. Please always value life in the moment and stay blessed.
Reason of review
Problems with payment
Loss
Preferred solution
For those in power making these life or death decision to be held accountable for their actions.

The Worst Health Company Ever!

THE WORST HEALTH INSURANCE EVER!! My family and me have Cigna for more then one year and we always payed everything to have the best health plan at all (which is always very expensive), Cigna Health Platinum. Now I did an endoscopy exam and it shows that I have reflux, which a lot of people have in all over the world. Cigna just call me now saying that they would not pay the exam and believe it or not, they are not going to pay me anymore anything related to gastro or intestinal subjects. Simple like that, they do a simple call saying that they are going to cheat you. SHAME OF CIGNA GLOBAL!! THEY CHEAT THE CLIENTS!!! GIGNA NEVER MORE!!

These people are crooks, honestly what they're doing is downright criminal! Here's what happened with the stuff I had to go through dealing with this dishonest and unethical company: the appendectomy operation which was suppose to be covered in my Cigna plan was denied for no reason!!

Cigna said that "medical necessity has not been established for your procedure, so the plan will not be covering these expenses... however you can appeal our decision..." Now mind you, there were a total of 5 different (yes, FIVE!!) physicians who had pleaded with Cigna to change their denial decision. Cigna basically told them to go pound sand, and said that "no, the procedure is not covered because it does not address or treat an underlying condition", so your plan doesn't cover this. It was totally shocking, how could this company Cigna claim to know what's best for me and my health more than my own doctors???

That's just plain crazy! But you know honestly, I don't personally feel like it's the insurance industry overall in which stuff like this is a problem or happens. Throughout my working years, I've had like about 3 or 4 other insurance companies (different than Cigna.) None of them, repeat: N-O-N-E of those other insurance companies have EVER attempted to take a cheap shot with somebody's health like Cigna has. This is the only insurance company who has ever tried some monkey business like this, and it is just downright disgusting!!

How can an insurance company such as this one purportedly claim to care about their members "all the way", when their actions are the total opposite of all those cheezey corporate cliches?? It just doesn't make any sense. Now, as a result of all Cigna's dishonest denial tactics of basically trying to weasel out of doing what they must obviously KNOW is the right thing to do, I'm in debt for the first time in my life for thousands and thousands of dollars!! Just writing this review right now is so infuriating and depressing, I'm crying uncontrollably right now, wondering how I'm ever going to be able to repay all this medical debt which I now owe the hospitals and doctors who did my appendectomy operation.

Cigna doesn't care however, they just basically shrug their shoulders and say: 'oh well, too bad, you're still not covered.' Of course they use proper, legal language to phrase it differently. But their message is still the same: you are not important, only our corporate business and profits are. So for all those reasons plus countless others which I won't have enough space to describe below, let me just forewarn anybody and everybody reading this review right now: DO NOT EVER choose Cigna as your health insurance company!!! Don't do it, for any reason!

If you have them through an employer, talk to your HR people and try to get them to switch to another insurance carrier who is more ethical and honest than Cigna. And if you're shopping the market on your own for individual or family coverage, stay far, far, far away from Cigna!!!

All they care about is making money, nothing else!! Their actions clearly show all of that....

Service
Cigna Global Platinum Health Insurance
Reason of review
Problems with payment

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article