Lost more than 30 years of my life to this cult - don't you make the same mistake!

I was actively involved with the Church of Scientology for over 30 years. Scientology is a very very expensive cult to get involved with. I "donated" over $250,000. As the years went on I saw that things were changing. And today, the complete aim of this organization is to buy real estate and stash away vast amounts of cash by relentlessly demanding that their "parishoners" donate every dime that they have, not just clear out their bank accounts and max out their credit cards, but put 2nd mortgages on their homes so they can give, and keep on giving. They have no concern about bankrupting you. That's your problem. They claim to have the "only workable technology" of the mind and spirit. Well, sorry, but that's a load of BS. If you're interested in spiritual enhancement or want to improve yourself, don't put your life in the hands of the Church of Scientology. I guarantee you will one day regret it. If Scientology interests you there is a huge number of Scientologists that have left this corrupt organization that you can find online - the freezone. Those folks aren't running an organized cult and will not take every last dime you have. Buyer beware when it comes to this organization. They have slick ads and slick sales people. Don't buy the hype. If you ever decide to leave after being in for a while and you have family that is involved - they will get your family to "disconnect" (i.e shun) you. My son will no longer speak to me because I left the fold and tell the truth about what goes on. I'm surprised that there are not more compaints here, but you can find plenty of horror stories just by using google. Google Scientology disconnection and you will see how families are ruined by this, the largest and nastiest, cult around today. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I post it here as a warning to the unwary.

Typical *** artists who prey on weak people with a lot of money!

Does Scientology have a deity? Is it a religion, a discipline or what?

I always wondered but when I asked a current Scientologist with whom I have an email communication, I never get a straight answer.

It seems they actively recruit people who are financially well off or celebrities who can bring notoriety. I find it interesting that as I am open-minded, that my friend has never attempted to recruit me - I have an average income and am not famous.

View more comments (1)
ID
Old Town, Maine

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article