I bought a 2008 Chrysler Sebring limited edition in October 2010 and on September 03, 2011, I had a near death experience while driving on the freeway in reference to case# 2243****, made on 07/24/12.

Here is the problem. On July 24, 2012, I spoke with a case manager name Jason regarding my car I bought at Chuck Van Horn Dodge a dealership located in Plymouth, Wisconsin VIN# 1C3LC66M28N162068. While I was driving on the Freeway, I experienced steering wheel failure and not a airbag deployed even though I was hit on the rear passenger side of the car and no airbags deployed when front of the car hit against median wall. According to my owners guide this car has ORC, air bag light, driver airbag, front passenger airbag, front seat-side mounted (thorax)airbags, front impact sensors side impact sensors, steering wheel and column, instrument panel, and front seat belt pretensioners. The Occupant Restraint Controller system provides output appropriate to the level of crash severity and which determines if a frontal collision is severe enough to require the airbags to inflate. The Event Data Recorder in the event of an accident, the vehicle is designed to record up to five seconds of specific vehicle data parameters. There is also recalls ID # 74739 for Electrical System Wiring, ID # 32449 Air Bags: Frontal, ID # 73283 Engine and Engine Cooling: Cooling System: Radiator Cooling Fan Motor Connector, all of which I reported to the US Department of Transportation National Highway Safety Administration on 10/19/2011 and at that time no recalls had been reported by Chrysler LLC. It was not until I had the accident in the car when I later found out that the vehicle I had purchased had been wrecked before I purchased it from Chuck Van Horn and had possible frame damage. When I had spoken to Jason at Chrysler Corporation he assured me that Chrysler was going to allow me to choose another vehicle. Today I am asking Chrysler to inspect this vehicle that I purchased for safety issues as well as checking the parts that are breaking every year like the sway bar, tie rod ends, and other front suspension parts. I want Chrysler to make good on what I was promised. Also check the car for airbags and possible water/flood damage to this vehicle. I have pictures that were taken by the insurance company that reveals a lot of very rusty old looking parts that were underneath this vehicle and those parts should not have been rusty at all when the car was only 3 years old and had only 37,297 miles on the dash. I can be contacted via-email at rlovely_1990@***.com or I can be reached at (920) 784-**** after 1 PM.
ID
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article