Christbilt Reviews

Show reviews that mention
metal building charles laboone delivery date canceling building charles steel metal building metal buildings blackberry charles anthony sampson
Filter review

Charles LaBoone of Christbilt ARRESTED

NEWS!! Charles had the Grand Jury in GA charge him with 6 felony counts of theft by conversion for his metal building scam. No surprise - he didn't show for the hearing. He moved to Colorado, but showing his true colors was arrested there several times and they found he had a bench warrant out to return to GA for a extended jail visit. Here are the new headlines he made in Aspen: http://www.aspentimes.com/article/201111****819 http://www.aspendailynews.com/section/home/148235 Never dull, but the lies and catching up to you Charles! Couldn't happen to a more deserving chap! See you soon!
Loss

ARRESTED - Charles LaBoone of Christbilt news video of arrest

ARRESTED - Charles LaBoone of Christbilt news video of arrest
Breaking News - Charles LaBoone of Christbilt ARRESTED on 3 felony counts of theft by conversion in nationwide metal building scam http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/paulding-man-charged-in-building-scam-020210#viewSingle9227**** Check out the You Tube clip of how Charles of Christbilt canceled a order for a metal building and kept the customers $10K deposit in this metal building scam: http://www.youtube.com/user/christbiltinquiry eBay Metal Building SCAM - Christbilt aka Charles LaBoone has been running a scam that has taken the deposit of over a dozen people that we have located so far. 4 currently pressing suit in the amount of $31,500.00. Sometime ago he did sell metal buildings but when Mueller would not sell to him any more per their Legal Dept. the scam began. He found all of us from his eBay listings. But did not have us purchase thru them, that way you can't post the truth on eBay and ruin the scam. He goes thru the motions with contract, etc. seeming professional till he has your check in hand. Than the psycho behavior begins. Rants, name calling, whatever he can do to get under your skin to cause you to cancel your contract. He will either not give you a delivery date or will tell you New Years Eve 6 - 8pm. If he can't get you to cancel your order, he will cancel it. Than he informs you that you have given him so much grief that he is retaining your payment to him. It's that simple, than it's your job to try to get it back from him. Google Christbilt and you will see a sampling of the complaints against him, and people you can contact if you have been taken by this man. The other victims can assist you.
#207089

His new company is MBMA Engineering where he tries to mark up engineering drawings and rip people off.

Read all about him on the web before you even think of buying.

Unfortunately, his website is still up and running and he is still actively seeking new victims.

I contacted him last year but he sent me a bunch of wierd emails so I never did business with him.

In May of 2010, I again started receiving unsolicited emails from him trying to get me to buy a building. This was after his arrest.

Somebody needs to lock this guy up in a padded room and throw away the key.

EBay has revoked all priveledges. CHRISTbilt will have the opportunity to answer charges through the courts. Thank you Ebay, it is reassuring to see that you are willing to err on the side of protecting the consumers.

Feb. 10, 2010 eBay has listened to the victims and removed Christbilt from their website.

YES no more scam!! He is out of the business of stealing customers money.

View more comments (3)

Christbilt - Charles LaBoone video & rants posted

Check out the You Tube clip of how Charles of Christbilt canceled a order for a metal building and kept the customers $10K deposit in the metal building scam he is running: http://www.youtube.com/user/christbiltinquiry And below is a night with Charles rants and how he talks to you after he has your check. Everyday new people are contacting us with the same story pattern. The victims are just trying to save the public from what we have and are enduring. Please spread the word: From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 8:42 PM Subject: I KNOW you're OBSESSING over me... I KNOW you're OBSESSING over me right now. Hurry and say something, LOSER! Hahahahahaha! From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 8:43 PM Subject: Hurry and get online to post... Hurry and get online to post something and have it REMOVED like they have done! Hahahaha! What an IDIOT! From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 8:46 PM Subject: C'mon, C'mon, I KNOW you're thinking about me! HURRY and get online with your PATHETIC life! Hahahahahahahahahahaha! From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 8:48 PM Subject: All your attempts to hurt me are... All your attempts to hurt me are SO STUPID! How DUMB! My life is GREAT! Selling buildings to HONEST customers and delivering with NO PROBLEMS like YOU! From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 8:50 PM Subject: Patrick has already left you by... Patrick has already left you by now, right? I doubt he even exists! If he did, he would have controlled your STUPID behavior against me. From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 8:57 PM Subject: I hope your OBSESSION with me... I hope your OBSESSION with me RUINS every dinner, every lunch, EVERY second of EVERY DAY you keep messing with me. Your ANGER keeps your life IN SHAMBLES! From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 8:59 PM Subject: YOU have ruined YOUR OWN life with... YOU have ruined YOUR OWN life with all your spite, anger, vengeful behavior, LIES, DECEIPT... YOU have been YOUR OWN worst ENEMY! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 9:53 PM Subject: You can say what you want, You can say what you want, BUT we have a contract, AND I HAVE $15,000 From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 10:13 PM Subject: Hurry, get the last word, you... Hurry, get the last word, you UGLY, MANNISH-LOOKING, ***-looking, slanderous, libelous, defematory, witch. HURRY! HURRY! From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 10:13 PM Subject: Hurry up and waste your WORTHLESS... Hurry up and waste your WORTHLESS life getting online posting LIES. You're a waste of space and air Brenda. What a LOSER. From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 10:13 PM Subject: Your "FRAUD" case is SO strong... Your "FRAUD" case is SO strong that it's NON EXISTENT. From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 10:13 PM Subject: You think you're so tough... You think you're so tough...YOU ARE A JOKE making EMPTY THREATS that can't argue with our CONTRACT. IDIOT. From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 10:13 PM Subject: With the $15,000 contract, With the $15,000 contract, my dogs are loving their $15,000 beds and treats. From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 10:14 PM Subject: You're an IDIOT that THINKS you... You're an IDIOT that THINKS you can scare me, with a CONTRACT that you have breached with your online antics. The $15k per our contract was FUN spending. From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 10:14 PM Subject: The only "case" you've built is... The only "case" you've built is libel and defamation AGAINST YOURSELF, you in-bred, David Koresh looking, mannish FREAK. From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 10:16 PM Subject: You have a bigger penis and testes... You have a bigger penis and testes than Patrick. You are a sick-looking excuse for a woman, and it's easy to understand why you're ALONE. From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 10:41 PM Subject: I just can't get over how BUTT... I just can't get over how BUTT ugly YOU ARE. From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 10:41 PM Subject: $15,000 LEGAL. $15,000 LEGAL. Actually, I paid for landscaping with your $15k. But, that allowed me my Kenya and New Zealand vacations after the massive landscaping project! From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 10:41 PM Subject: Patrick DID finally leave you, Patrick DID finally leave you, right? If not, he's a spineless *** that let's an evil woman like U control him, and he deserves it for staying. YOU'RE UGLY! From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 10:41 PM Subject: You should go get a new drivers... You should go get a new drivers license with a MASK on! From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 10:41 PM Subject: You CAN'T KEEP agents working for... You CAN'T KEEP agents working for you, because they HATE you. They talk on the internet too, just like LOSER BRENDA. From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 10:41 PM Subject: With the court-awarded damages... With the court-awarded damages from your libel/defamation, I'm going to go to New Zealand this time. Thanks Brenda! From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 10:42 PM Subject: When I see your UGLINESS, When I see your UGLINESS, I understand why you have all this time to libel and defame me. You're a PATHETIC LOSER and YOU DON'T HAVE THE FORTITUDE to br From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 10:42 PM Subject: eak me down. eak me down. You're a WEAK, SAD, sorry excuse for a human being that thinks getting online and posting lies will work. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SHOW FOR IT? From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 10:42 PM Subject: I used the rest of your $15k from... I used the rest of your $15k from our LEGAL contract, after spoiling my dogs, in Australia now, LOVING LIFE! Thanks Brenda! From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 10:42 PM Subject: Not to mention the customers that... Not to mention the customers that have posted their blogs about you. I don't really care about that online stuff, but I know that's your life, so IT KILLS YOU. From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 10:42 PM Subject: We have a CONTRACT, We have a CONTRACT, u CANT deny the contract, and w/your libel +defamation, u contributed to my Kenya vacation that I LOVED SO MUCH. Better than South Africa. From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 10:45 PM Subject: Good night LOSER. Good night LOSER. Have fun pretending hen-pecked, *** Patrick is there to hold your MANNISH, ***-LOOKING, UGLY body while you wretch at night! From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 10:49 PM Subject: NODODY wants YOU. NODODY wants YOU. You are a selfish, pathetic, vindictive, controlling, impossible freak that NOBODY WANTS. NOBODY WANTS YOU. YOU'RE NOT WANTED. From: +167******** Sent: Jan 22, 2010 10:51 PM Subject: NOBODY wants YOU. NOBODY wants YOU. You are a selfish, pathetic, vindictive, controlling, impossible freak that NOBODY WANTS. NOBODY WANTS YOU. YOU'RE NOT WANTED.
#172034

Walk away from this guy he is nothing but trouble

Does not look like the company is living up to it's no hassle guarantee.

View more comments (1)

Christbilt - Metal Buildings

CHRISTBILT – CHARLES LABOONE I wish someone would have warned me about Christbilt Metal Buildings prior to my purchase attempt with them. I paid $15K and did not receive a single building, or my money back. And have now found the manufacturer Charles states would have supplied my building, will not sell to him nor have they for sometime, despite the stories he will tell you. He used to purchase buildings from them at the same price any customer would receive, mark them up and have them sent to his customers. But after he treated the manufacturer with the same psychotic behavior that he puts everyone thru they "banished him" and will not sell him any buildings at all according to the Manager. Seems the pattern since then for all the upset customers we have currently located, (close to a dozen in the last 2 years)is: he still goes thru the motions of selling you a metal building, even telling you "Mueller" the company that won't sell to him is the manufacturer. Takes your money, tries to make you so mad you cancel your order or he cancels your order, than he keeps your money, feeling he has the right to say and do anything he sees fit. Here is our full story: As a business owner myself I always thought I was a good judge of character, I now am second guessing myself. We had priced out his buildings over a year ago. When we re-priced the buildings again in 2009, he emailed us an offer too good to be true, 25% off the price. I took him up on his offer and ordered the 2 buildings. We paid for one in full, and the second one almost 2/3 paid for in the amount of $15K. He stated I needed to rush payment into him by Friday: Hey Brenda, I went ahead and paid the $48 for Fed Ex "first priority overnight" so you'd have the check by 10:30 tomorrow morning. You are welcome to send it back to me the same exact way and check off the bill to "recipient" (me) on the Fed Ex airbill to use my Fed Ex account # to overnight it back to me, because we are going to lose our Colorado engineer on Friday for 2 weeks to do Army Corps of Engineering volunteer work for the massive flood damage we had out here. If we don't get the payment processed to complete your order processing before the end of business Friday, that Colorado engineer won't be able to complete your drawings for 4 weeks, as opposed to less than one business week by getting the payment cleared through order processing by Friday. Please call with any questions. Sent via BlackBerry -Charles CHRISTbilt Steel Buildings Later we found out that he himself plays the role of his engineer, of course without a license and red stamps the plans himself which our county building dept. would not accept. The need to rush for the engineer was just his ploy to speed us up in sending him our check. (The county submitted the stamped plans to the State for investigation. And we never received the stamped engineered plans per his website.) He received our check Oct. 7th. I emailed a week after to ask about our plans that per the contract we where to receive within 21 days, to find a totally different man on the other end. I offended him by questioning my order and the verbal battering began. He seems to enjoy this and is very good at it. He will say things to you and about you that even your worst enemy has not said to your face, all trying to find your weakness to upset you and get you to cancel your order. Next thing you know you find yourself sinking to his level and you are calling him names back and wondering what the heck is wrong with this picture as "You get what you pay for" is ringing in your ears. Here's just one example of dozens of his emails/text messages: "It's your prerogative if you want to continue to waste your attorney's time by requiring all my future communications to go through him, for him to then have to waste more of his valuable time to forward those communications to you and be an unnecessary third-party mediator in such an unnecessary, petty, trivial, mountain-made-out-of-a-mole-hill issue that *you* have made out of this because your pride and arrogance got the best of you. If that is your choice, knock yourself out. I'm sure that if you've had much interaction with this attorney in the past, he already knows how your arrogant, egomaniacal, Napolean complex-driven, on-the-defensive, always-looking-for-a-fight demeanor has led to this trivial and petty dialogue that is 100% unnecessary- unnecessary except for the feeding of your already monstrously-obese ego." -Charles CHRISTbilt Corporation He offered to send back my check: "and would rather send your money back for you to go pay a higher price with another company, than to continue to be verbally assaulted for no reason at all. I also told you that, after I had already contracted my engineers begin designing your projects per our legal, binding contractual agreement, that I would rather *give* you $50,000 before I would *let* you beat me out of a nickel by entering into a contract for services that we have already completed, then you possibly attempting to back-peddle on a whim, out of personal vendetta, with zero-merit from a contractual, business stand-point," -Charles CHRISTbilt Corporation An offer I jumped on right then and there. I wanted nothing more to do with this company. He back peddled realizing I would not hang in there but would pay more to order from another company. He than would not agree to uphold his offer but started quoting all the fees he would charge me. I later got that in writing below that he would keep over $11k of our $15K, see below: I offered to cancel BEFORE we had completed engineering and supplied drawings. If there is a current cancellation request, it's by the Buyer, not us. Of course cancellation is always an available option, but after having engineered a building, it's not my first choice of remedy. If the Buyer's intentions are to cancel, here is the itemization: "¢ Entire cost of Building A would be forfeited: $5, 997.03 "¢ $175 change-order fee (paperwork) for canceling Building A. "¢ 8% ($479.76) of the total cost of Building A would be forfeited for an order canceled after engineering has been completed, allocation, scheduling, production disruption. "¢ $175 change-order fee (paperwork) for canceling Building B "¢ Given that the larger building, Building B, is the building that most directly influenced the pricing structure of steel and delivery that we offered the Buyer, canceling Building B would incur a forfeiture of 30% ($4, 279.29) of the total cost of Building B for allocation cancellation, production cancellation, and logistics cancellation. "¢ Net refund for canceling both buildings = $3, 893.92 -Charles CHRISTbilt Corporation We did not cancel but it now appears this is part of the process, after he gets your money, he upsets you to the point that you cancel your contract with him, then he seems to feel he can justify keeping your deposit. This has also been the theme with the other customers I have now banned together with to warn the public. I hired a male mediator to assist in the communication thinking maybe it was a male chauvinist issue and this would help everyone just calm down and complete the transaction. He sent him page after page of rude comments about me personally and ramblings, and has even attacked him personally. Male/Female doesn't seem to matter: Stop addressing me like you have control and leverage over me to be a servant on hands and knees at your beckon call, because it will only increase the difficulty of completing this project as peacefully as possible. It's not necessary to BEAT A DEAD HORSE and continue to ask about plans when you have sent emails with conflicting/ambiguous information and sometimes hard to understand because of of horrible grammar, fragmented sentences, misspelling, and horrible punctuation mistakes that an attorney definitely would not make. -Charles CHRISTbilt Corporation (yes he did make a grammar error in his rant) At first when Charles was directly asked several times who the manufacturer of these buildings was this is the only response we continued to get: Today is the first unambiguous clarification of exact intentions to follow through with Building A since cancellation became involved; hence it has been unnecessary to send out more copies of drawings. Your contract is with my company, not my manufacturer; therefore their contact info is irrelevant. The county IS accepting seismic 4D. Sent via BlackBerry -Charles CHRISTbilt Steel Buildings And of course there's the time he represent himself as an attorney and sent us all cease and desist letters from the name he made up, but that is also be investigated and just another lengthy story. In this email Charles sent emails from srlegal@***.com as Anthony Sampson. It was also posted on all the posting for every unhappy customer out there. But when I responded to Mr. Sampson that the truth was not slander, Charles responded from the email address within 30 seconds. Order of Cease and Desist From: "Anthony Sampson" To: "'RealPro Real Estate'" Dear Mrs. Flick, Good day, and I hope that even under the circumstances of the nature of these communications, this letter finds you well. I am Anthony Sampson, senior counsel to Christbilt Corporation, et Al. Pursuant to the LIBEL AND SLANDER ACT (RSBC 1996- Legal definitions, pertaining precedents, etc below) in British Columbia, Canada law regarding offending by libel, slander, and/or defamation, let this serve as our CONJUNCTIVE Canadian barrister's and U.S. attorney's OFFICIAL ORDER to CEASE and DESIST your broadcasting of all forms of libel, slander, and/or defamation directed at, but not limited to Christbilt Corporation, et Al. as a corporate entity and Charles LaBoone, both personally and professionally in and out of context, as you are in direct violation of the LIBEL AND SLANDER ACT- RSBC 1996, and you are also placing owners of domains reciprocally linking to and from bretins.com, unbeknownst the owners of the respective domains in vicarious breach of the same offenses. Given that you have linked yourself to Patty Bretin by engaging in commiserating conversation pertaining to the same libel, slander, and/or defamation at issue, you have thus made yourself a party to the same offenses. . . A search to find Anthony Sampson to see if he represents Charles LaBoone was fruitless, seems several of Charles companies including this one has Anthony Sampson listed as the owner, and his father that has been in prison since 1989 as an officer. This is also be investigated further. After many months had gone by and we still couldn't get a delivery date for the building we had paid for in full. Here is the only delivery time we ever received which was New Year's Eve & day when he tried to make us take delivery of the second building in his 12 month layaway plan prior to the one paid for in full: Subject: Building B scheduled to deliver... Building B scheduled to deliver December 31 between 6 and 8 pm. Building A scheduled to deliver January 1 between 6 and 8 am. Sent via BlackBerry -Charles CHRISTbilt Steel Buildings We all know trucking companies deliver on holidays. When we continued to ask for a delivery date he canceled my $15K order retaining the money stating that I had caused $15K worth of damage for sharing the truth on these posts warning other consumers of our experience: From: To: Subject: RE: LISTEN WELL I figure you've caused at least $15k of aggravation for me with all your extensive defamation lies online about me, so you can hurry up and get online to post this: YOUR ORDER IS CANCELED UNTIL WE CAN FIGURE OUT THE EXTENT OF DAMAGES FOR YOUR DEFAMATION, AND IF YOU WANT ME TO DELIVER ANYTHING THIS MONTH-GO AHEAD AND SUE ME AND GET A COURT OF LAW TO MAKE ME DELIVER THIS MONTH,BECAUSE YOUR DELIVER IS ABSOLUTELY NOT HAPPENING THIS MONTH, AND PROBABLY WON'T HAPPEN ANY TIME IN 2010 WITH THE WAY YOU KEEP TREATING ME. You'll have the cell next to my daddy when this is all over. -Charles CHRISTbilt Steel Buildings From: To: Subject: RE: LISTEN WELL So now, you and your buddies the Prevosts can put your dense heads together, and bring on that "perfect storm", because I know EXACTLY where I stand with both of you legally, I know my rights of remedy against your attacks against me, and THEY have breached our contract, and now you have caused so much trouble that cancelling your order is definitely a fair and viable remedy in this situation until we can get all this sorted out and you stop your attacks. Sent via BlackBerry -Charles CHRISTbilt Steel Buildings Subject: Can you also say that, Can you also say that, given the way you are relentlessly attacking me online and via email, 2014 delivery sounds about right? Sent via BlackBerry -Charles CHRISTbilt Steel Buildings On January 13th I finally got Charles to state that the manufacturer of my building was or would have been Mueller Inc. I called the manager of the LA office that had been working with Charles. Doug informed me Charles had purchased buildings from them sometime ago but they had much of the same experience we all have had, that they would not sell to him ever again. Joel in the legal dept. of Mueller stated to me that Charles was a customer like I would be if I ordered a building from them. No wholesale rate, not a distributor, but he would turn around selling these buildings after adding his mark up to it. I received a quote directly from Mueller for Building A which had been paid for in full in the amount of $11,700.00 for the same building, size, doors, etc. But with Charles and his offer of 25% off his price was $5997.03 for Building A. Was he going to pay money out of his pocket to sell me a metal building? Also Darrell with Mueller who provided this quote informed us our required snow load is 53.3psf per our county codes, which is also reflected by Charles on the plans he engineered. Mueller will only engineer buildings up to 40psf, so they could not and would not have been able to manufacturer our building for that reason alone. Thus proving there was never a building just a ploy to get $15K from me. Currently there are 4 of us pressing suit. And many that have got amounts returned to their credit cards, or reversed from Pay Pal. If you have had any issues with this company please contact me at the_flicks@***.com we can help you. Other wise Buyers Beware and run, he's all talk, and living off this scam.

find Laboone on facebook now

His father has been in prison since 1989 due to be released in 2015 for raping and drugging minors.

What does that mean "You'll have the cell next to my daddy..."? I think I'll try using google news archives to search Charles LaBoone to see what else is up twith this bunch if thieves...

View more comments (2)
Denver, Colorado

Wish someone would have warned me about Christbilt Metal Buildings..

I wish someone would have warned me about Christbilt Metal Buildings prior to my purchase. I am only one of many upset customers you will find complaining about this company on this and other sites. Please take the time to view them all. Seems funds where retained from customers in Aug., Sept., Oct., and Nov. of 2009. I hope we have saved any lose for Dec. Many of those complaining have lost their deposits in full from $3,500 to $10,000. I paid for 1 building in full, 2/3 of another in the amount of $15K and have not received any thing more than 1 set of plans that cost $800, no delivery date or promise to deliver. Any time I request a delivery date I get verbal battering instead. He has suggested to others that he is retaining their deposits to pay for his legal defense. As a business owner myself I always thought I was a good judge of character, I now am second guessing myself. We had priced out his buildings over a year ago. When we re-price the buildings again, he emailed us an offer too good to be true, 25% off the price. I took him up on his offer and ordered the 2 buildings. We paid for one in full, and the second one almost 2/3 paid for in the amount of $15K total sent to him. He stated I needed to get that into him by Friday as his engineer was leave for the rest of the month and it would delay our project. So we did. Later to find out that he plays the role of his engineer, of course without a license. He received our check Oct. 5th. I emailed a week after to ask about our plans that per the contract we where to receive within 21 days, to find a totally different man on the other end. I offended him by questioning my order and the verbal battering began. He seems to enjoy this and is very good at it. He will say things to you and about you that even your worst enemy has not said to your face. Next thing you know you find yourself sinking to his level and you are calling him names back and wondering what the heck is wrong with this picture as "You get what you pay for" is ringing in your ears. He offered to just send back my check, an offer I jumped on right then and there. I wanted nothing more to do with this company. He back peddled realizing I would not hang in there but would pay more to order from another company. He than would not agree to uphold his offer but started quoting all the fees he would charge me. I later got that in writing below that he would keep over $11k of our $15K. I hired a male mediator to assist in the communication thinking maybe it was a male chauvinist issue and this would help everyone just calm down and complete the transaction. He sent him page after page of rude comments about me personally and ramblings, and has even attacked him personally. Male/Female doesn't seem to matter. After rounds and rounds of battering emails (I have a book of these texts and emails sent from him with no response from us at all) we looked over his contract to see the cancellation fee was only $175. He addressed a restocking fee but does not state the percentage or amount. We all know about the disclosure laws. We thought it would be better to pay this fee, and the $800 for the plans already received and be done learning a valuable lesson. He sent us an email breaking down that if we canceled our order he would charge us and keep over $11K of our $15K. See this actual email from company: I offered to cancel BEFORE we had completed engineering and supplied drawings. If there is a current cancellation request, it's by the Buyer, not us. Of course cancellation is always an available option, but after having engineered a building, it's not my first choice of remedy. If the Buyer's intentions are to cancel, here is the itemization: "¢ Entire cost of Building A would be forfeited: $5,997.03"¢ $175 change-order fee (paperwork) for canceling Building A."¢ 8% ($479.76) of the total cost of Building A would be forfeited for an order canceled after engineering has been completed, allocation, scheduling, production disruption."¢ $175 change-order fee (paperwork) for canceling Building B"¢ Given that the larger building, Building B, is the building that most directly influenced the pricing structure of steel and delivery that we offered the Buyer, canceling Building B would incur a forfeiture of 30% ($4,279.29) of the total cost of Building B for allocation cancellation, production cancellation, and logistics cancellation."¢ Net refund for canceling both buildings = $3,893.92 We did not cancel but I wonder if this is not how it works so he makes money without ever providing any more than the plans he only charges $800 for. I'm just saying.... We have received one set of plans, when it turned out that the county required stamped foundation plans and we ordered them from him, he would not give us the 25% discount on these sets of plans. Stating again in writing that if I had ordered those with my original order I would not have gotten the offer for 25% off at all, and he can pick and chose who get the discount and who doesn't. But when a friend went on line and did the building pricing for a building with stamped foundation plans, yep you guessed it no change he got the same offer of 25% off. This we also have in writing. We also noticed he stamps his own plans putting himself out as the Engineer on stamped engineered plans, an item that is also being looked into. Now many months have gone by and we can't get a delivery date for the building we have paid for in full. Or who the manufacturer is, as he feels this is none of our business. I'm not at all convinced I would have ever seen the building I have paid for in full now. But he has given us all a common bond to ban together. If you have had the same experience with Christbilt, The Attorney Generals Office of Consumer Affairs would like to hear from you.

I got phone calls. and long emails and more phone calls that he would go under if We didn't help him along.

We knew we were at least 5 years out in our project. Could never get anything but gibberish.

So I had a trucker wander in.

. . . lasted about 8 minutes.

As the old adage goes "if it doesn't look real it isn't"

china lake?

so sorry didn't buy it.

#203392

This guy Charles LeBoone rip me off about two years ago, i tryed to get E-Bay to cut him off. I ordered a 24x36 building with a 5/12 pitch roof, got 3/12.

After the building quote he said the plans wasn't in the price, charged $800. I never got them, After getting your deposit he changed to a *** head. He cost me about $3800.

When he wouldn't talk to me i told him he would get his. I hope you lose everthing you own, like i did in Hurricane Katrina.

:) Christbilt - Charles Laboone - Panelmaster was removed from eBay. The public will not be scammed from the eBay website from this company name again.

Watch out for him to resurface. Scammers will face justice in due time.

I am sorry that this has happen to you but be grateful that it happen in a county the state of Georgia that gives a ***. Look up united steel building scam look at the people all over this country that lost thousands and continues today Florida will not do anything for the consumers now that you know that I am warning you ahead of time stay away from Florida now you have been worned

I would suggest the next time ANYONE is looking to purchase a Metal Building.... purchase direct from a REAL Manufacture.

Fox News Video - CHARLES LABOONE ARRESTED!!!

Has the fraud investigation into the engineering stamp made any progress?

Has the Secretary of State in Colorado laid a fraud charge on the fake engineering stamp?

Christbilt is a fraud! He and his wife are stealing peoples deposits and when we speak the truth about getting ripped off he threatens us with "empty" lawsuit treats as he did in the pevious post .

We are not the only people that they have stolen from. There are plenty. We sent Cristbilt 3500.00 for a 5800.00 building. after 2 months and no set delivery date we had some questions.

Thats when the verbal battering started from Christbilt.

Everything from petty name calling to personal attacks on my wife and myself. Unless you want your money stolen, while being cursed out and harassed i recommend staying away from Christbilt Steel Buildings

The State of Colorado has an investigation currently open regarding the red stamped plans that Charles designed and stamped himself. Along with the Attorney Generals Office and others I can't currently share.

Now like everyone else he has canceled my order retaining the $15K stating I have caused $15K of trouble sharing our true life experience with Christbilt. Facts are facts as I have left out the verbal battering issues of our story.

Doesn't seem there ever was a building but a ploy to get a deposit and than cause enough issues to justify canceling the order to keep any deposit or amount that had been paid in full. There is so much more to come, stay tuned.....

View more comments (13)
Denver, Colorado

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article