Chosen ChildCare Reviews

Show reviews that mention
child staff wall children job teacher care place money rate
Filter review

Staff curses at kids

my child comes home almost daily and has stories of specific teachers cussing at kids telling them they "haven't done *** all day" or they "need to sit their *** the *** down", coming out of the baby room talking to each other saying they are a "bad *** telling their class they need to "cut the *** and just cussing to each other in front of the kids. It's not the same teacher either. This has been brought to management once in regards to the teacher cussing at the child's class and I was told the staff was spoken to about it, but the cussing at other students continued after that. Some of the staff are ghetto as *** and unprofessional to say the least in regards to how they talk to the children. The main woman that handles transportation and parents, Ms. Salayna is wonderful and I have never seen or heard anything negative about her. She's a great go to and very professional but those others, are not. Overall the care is ok, but children should definitely not be cussed at.
ID

Lack of supervision / unprofessional behavior

When getting off work I was presented with my child, a busted lip and waste in his pants, as if he had it on all day..Never was I presented with a incident report day of busted lip or told my child told me as soon as I got there..There were lies told ,and a teacher had the nerve to tell me she had to edit the incident report cause her teacher can't word things right.ummm...sound like cover up to me. If my child had broke a bone i bet you they would have called. But I'm so scared an nervous for my child saftey here. I try to give ppl chances but my second sense are telling me something wrong..The employees are always on there phns. Not paying attention..They threaten me by saying " o you better get her out of my classroom cause you knw what happen to the last parent "..(what the #@!$)..very unprofessional..I really hate that my child is here but I love to work an get money, it's so close to my job. Does anyone have suggestions

Girl, I HATE THIS PLACE! My daughter was less than 6 months old when she received a broken collar bone while at the daycare center.

The orthopedic told me it was FORCED trauma.... this didn't just happen while sitting in a bouncer or crib.

I withdrew her so fast they sent a cop to my home because I didn't give them a notice nor did I pay for her care. There have been broken bones in the infant class since my child as well.

ID
#1532072 Review #1532072 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Short Review on March 16, 2017

The morning staff ...you walk in they dont speak barely acknowledge your child too engrossed on their phones n each others conversation...they just seem to lack interaction with people which is ironic and sometime you can't tell who works there?? Either high turn over or friends and family plan...either way many days dissatisfied and smh to stay or leave
Reason of review
Poor customer service

CHOSEN CHILDCARE IS RUNNING A HOLIDAY SPECIAL ON FULL TIME AND PART TIME RATES

Please call our Center to schedule a visit to learn about the tuition specials we are offering. We hope that you all have a safe and prospering Holiday. The price of full-time infant care in a center increased an average of 6.9 percent, while the price of full-time care for a 4-year-old in a center went up 6.7 percent during the study period. A sobering fact is that both of these increases are more than twice the rate of inflation (reported as 3.2 percent rate by the Department of Labor) for the period reviewed. Contact Information: Chosen Childcare: Administration Mrs. Wall 336-358-****

No Thank you!

I will call you all Monday.

Thank You for Your help. It is so hard to find good quality care.

Manda

View more comments (1)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reason of review
Fast order processing

Chosen ChildCare - Review in Kindergartens and Nurseries category

Ms Wall is your husband out of prison yet? if so what will be his postion around the children.

Whoever is behind these posts are VERY BOTHERED And Immature. I No Ms.Wall a this is childish an unexceptable.

*Bloop* NeNe Leakes Voice

This is concerning.. What is he in prison for?

@PissedConsumer917091

messing with a child

View more comments (3)

Chosen ChildCare - Staff Review from Greensboro, North Carolina

ITS REALLY SAD WHEN YOU GET TERMINATED OR NOT HIRED PERMINATELY BECAUSE OF ISSUES FOUND PERTAINING TO THE JOB SEEKER NOT BEING TRUTHFUL ON THERE PARTS WHEN HIRED.RETALIATING ON A SITE SUCH AS THIS IN HOPES TO RUIN SOMEONES BUSINESS IS HIDDIOUS.FILLING FALSE IFO TO A SIGHT WHICH HAS NO JUSTIFICATION.ONLY BITTER DO SUCH THIS AS THIS.THESE ARE FORMER WORKERS OR UNHAPPY CLIENTS WHO NO NOTHING OF WHAT IT TAKES TO RUN A BUSINESS.THEY WANT TO DICKTATE AND NOT ABIDE BY THE RULES. SO IT RESULTS TO PUNK MOVES SUCH AS THIS. MRS WALL IS VERY PROFESSIONAL..AND IF SHE IS TOLD WHAT STAFF HAS SAID OR SHOWN DISRESPECT TO A CLIENT SHE WILL HANDLE HER STAFF.SO WITH THAT BEING SAID I AM A PARENT. AND MY SON LOVES WERE HE IS.HAVE BEEN FOR YEARS.SN: MOST OF THE REVIEWS WRITTEN ON THIS DAYCARE ARE WRITTEN BY EMPLOYEES WHO HAVE BEEN LET GO. .THANK YOU BE THE JUDGE FOR YOURSELF BECAUSE WHAT YOU FIND HERE IS NOT TRUE OR FACT.

Girl bye

ID
#541948 Review #541948 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Greensboro, North Carolina

Ms Wall hireing practices

The director hires convicts, and let them take care of your child, she works people for 8 hours and then pays them for two, really? then she is very rude to her staff even if they are convicts, one of the teacher that quit I don't blame her that woman was in a den of thieves. If you are lookin for hard work, little pay, fresh out of jail. CHOSEN CHILDCARE IS THE JOB FOR YOU!! She need to get that daycare together and fast yes I heard this from a former employee, but former parents of children that went there said the same thing.

This is so not true.This has to stop.. You MADDDDD

*was *don't! That was a typo, which happens. I am very capable of spelling!!

You're not very intelligent by the was you spell! You have a lot of nerve speaking that illiterate talk.

This woman is a fraud, plain and simple. I do t think you have the mental capacity to see that!

Child to Staff Ratios

One of the most important quality indicators for child care centers is the number of children compared to the number of staff — its staff to child ratio. The fewer children served by each staff member is critical to higher quality care.

North Carolina considers the staff to child ratio, in addition to other environmental factors, when assigning points in the program standards component of a program’s star rated license.

The following chart shows the minimum ratio requirements for different age groups. Also included are the staff to child ratios for those centers that achieve national accreditation from the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).

Family child care homes do not have staff to child ratios because, by definition, they are staffed by one person. Refer to the definition of a family child care home for the number of children permitted per program.

Small centers in a residence may be licensed for six to twelve children. When a small center in residence has children of different ages, staff-child ratios and appropriate group size must be met for the youngest child in the group.

These centers may also care for up to three school-age children in addition to the children for which they are licensed (depending on the ages of these children).

see chart Under the Star Rated License system, a child care center may receive up to 7 points in each of two components: Program Standards and Staff Education (see page 6). To achieve 1 point in the Program Standards component (the minimum allowed), a center must meet the staff/child ratio requirement in Column A.

To achieve 3-6 points in Program Standards, a center must meet the ratio requirement in Column B. (For 2 points in Program Standards, a center must meet the ratio requirement in Column B or meet specific classroom space requirements.) To achieve 7 points in the Program Standards component (the highest number of points available), a center must meet the ratio requirement in Column C.

Teacher walked on you during her lunch break????????Lmao Classic!!!!!

Are you and your assistant Saylana Whitley still lying on the food program? Or are you marking children that are really there?

Are you still making teachers be out of ratio just to make a buck ? And last but not certainly least are you still alowing really sick children to be there when they should go home!!!!

Lamfo you are truly something. you need to ask God for.repentance for the underhanded things that you have done over the years to people and their familys through your corrupt bitness practices.....But as all things you reap what you SOW!!!!!!!!!!!

@PissedConsumer895169

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, 4for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. 5We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,…

The night is nearly over; the day is almost here.

So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.

See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant."

since the weapons of our warfare are not worldly, but are powerful through God for the demolition of strongholds. We demolish arguments

We use God's mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments.

IT AMAZING HOW ALL REVIEW ARE FROM THE SAME RATCHED PERSON.BEINGON THE OUTSIDE SUPPOSEDLY LOOKING IN.IAPLAUDE SUCH ATTEMPTS TO RUIN SOMEONES BUSINESS DO TO THE LACK OF THEIR OWN EDUCATION AND BACKGROUND.AS AN EMPLOYER HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY. YOU CAN BE HIRED BUT WHEN CRIMINAL REPORT COME BACK SHOWING YOU ARE DISHONEST.THOSE.

ARE GROUNDS FOR IMMEDIATE TERMINATION AND YOU ARE REMOVED FROM THE PREMISES.MY SAYING IS "BITTER PEOPLE TEND TO BELITTLE WHEN THE BOAT ROWING IS THERES"...so this is hidious.

The accuser is always the potental convict. Until proven innocent.

@PissedConsumer879407

The night is nearly over; the day is almost here.

So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.

@PissedConsumer879407

Apparently her husband had a record too, so what's your point? He spends time in the vicinity!! By law he should not be around the children either.

View more comments (9)

Looking for childcare

Unprofessional is true I call to get a price check and to ask a couple of question about there center the person who answered ,answered as if it was her residential phone I had to ask (is this chosen childcare) reply, yes so I started asking her a couple questions staff is unknowlegable and then I was rushed off the phone seem to me my opinion this place is just about a buck! Would not send my children to place to care for them and all they see them as dollar signs and a place to work sad to say

I agree. I called spoke to a staff member about what they offer, and she started yelling at one of kids.

That was a no go for me. I heard that the director is money hungry.

@PissedConsumer709983

The director is very professional.Money hungry is a slap in the face.She is a very reasonable person. Being a PARENT of a child she has had in her care before the CENTER EVER EVOLVED.I KNOW FIRST HAD THESE ACCUSATION ARE UNTRUE.The director by name Mrs.Wall being it formal and proffessional mannerizim.

Is very kind and will assist in help those who are struggling in anyway she can.She to has been a single parent and knows how things can be.Those that take her kindness for her weekness and choose not to pay there fee and make excuses to not pay there BILLS..WOULD SAY SUCH THINGS.

INSTEAD OF GETTING WITH HER BEFORE THE ISSUE IS OUT OF HAND.SHE ALWAYS WORKS WITHE THE CUSTOMER TO FIND A SOLUTION TO THERE PROBLEMS.EVEN THOUGH SHE REALLY DOESNT HAVE TO.IT IS THE CLIENTS OBLIGATION TO MANAGE THERE OWN FINANCE. BECAUSE CHILDCARE IS NOT A FAVOR TO YOU ITS HER BUSINESS AND LIFE.

@PissedConsumer879403

I hope you're not Jayden's mom. She talked about how you have no control over your own child! You must get free child care defending her this much!!

@PissedConsumer1104526

Its not about free childcare. Its about the TRUTH.

Ma.wall is a very nice person so for you to try an diss her like this , throw salt on her name is very immature of you. Grow up because regardless she still is a Blessed woman of God.

View more comments (3)
ID

CHOSEN CHILDCARE OF GREENSBORO, NC IS A DON'T!!!!!!

CHOSEN CHILDCARE OF GREENSBORO, NC IS A DON'T!!!!!!
This place & owner is highly unprofessional, Tinnequa Wall is a FRAUD, she's inconsistent, unorganized, makes promises she doesn't keep, and cheats you out of your money. At the rate this place is going, this business won't last a year. I am highly disappointed, beyond pissed from her conniving, manipulative deceitful ways. If you plan on applying there... DON'T, she promised a position to me & then went back on her offer. Please do your research on her & ask plenty of question's. Also when you ask her a question, she avoids it & beats around the bush, that's a sign itself. She claims to be a spiritual person but her ways are very DEMONIC. I would think twice about sending my child here or even applying. Everything that glitters isn't gold, and this place is the perfect example

Chosen Childcare: Tips on Hiring Staff

BE CAREFUL EVERYONE IS NOT DEALING WITH A "FULL DECK OF CARDS" Take for Instance Above...

Staffing: If you hire other childcare workers in your program, check out job applicants closely. Call the people they list as references.

Ask about their backgrounds. Ask the applicants about all the other places they have worked. Checking the person’s history carefully may uncover either good or bad patterns of childcare behaviors. When you talk to people who know his or her background, ask if there were any complaints about how they cared for children.

Ask about how they disciplined children.

You should also check if the applicant is old enough and has the right training. Look for more information about these requirements in other states, as well.

Ways To apply at Chosen Childcare:

1st: Present Application or Resume

2nd: We will call you if you meet NC State Requirements for Employment and We have a Position Available

3rd. If we feel that you are qualified for a position at Chosen Childcare, we will contact you for a Interview.

4th. If we decide to Hire you, you will be called for additional steps

Contact Information:

Chosen Childcare: Administration

Mrs. Wall

336-358-****

CHOSEN CHILDCARE

We are currently running a Holiday Enrollment Special. Come Visit our Childcare Center at 210*-106 Pyramids Village to get details on our full time and part time rates!

We look forward to meeting you! Hurry, enrollment spots get filled really quick.

Contact Mrs Wall to schedule a Tour of our Center.

336-358-****

I promised my child's afterschool teacher that I would give her a shout out on the worldwide internet. Thank You for helping my son with his hmwk everyday!!!

Your the Best

My children have been enrolled for three months and we love Chosen Childcare. The administrators are so helpful and consistent with NC Childcare Laws. My children will remain there until they start grade school.

Mrs Brown

Chosen Childcare is a privately owned childcare center located at the Shops of Pyramids Village and right beside Walmart. It is well lit, safe, reliable and has available good parking for staff, parents and potential customers.

Go check it out for yourself and ask to schedule an appointment with the Director to get an idea of what the Visions and Goals are for this Growing Childcare Center. We have an OPEN DOOR policy for all of our customers.

Currently, Chosen is in the process of opening a new center. We would like to thank God, current and past customers, employees, and business partners for their efforts in assisting Chosen Childcare with progressing our future Business Endeavors.

Parents can learn a lot about a program simply by watching. Here are some specific criteria to look for and ask about when visiting a child care program: What training do staff members have in infant-toddler development?

Do caregivers speak to the children, even babies? Do they sing and read to the children? Do they answer children’s questions patiently? Do they ask children questions?

Is each baby allowed to eat and sleep according to their own rhythms, and not based on a schedule imposed by the caregiver? For toddlers, is a daily schedule posted, using pictures and visuals, so that children can anticipate what will happen next? Are toys and materials well organized so that children can choose what interests them? Are caregivers able to accommodate the special needs of children?

Does the environment accommodate the special needs of children? Do caregivers respect the language, culture and values of families in the program? How does the caregiver feel about discipline? Weaning?

Toilet training? Feeding? Do the caregiver's beliefs match your own? Does the caregiver handle conflicts without losing patience, shaming a child, or frequently displaying anger?

Does the caregiver seem to enjoy children? Are you welcome to drop in at any time? Would your child feel good about coming here? Would you feel good about leaving your child here?

Is the environment sanitary and safe? Is the setting appealing with comfortable lighting and an acceptable noise level?

Licensing Issues Each state has different licensing requirements for programs and providers. Listed below are some initial questions to ask when selecting a child care program.

i love chosen childcare this was my first job and i wouldnt be suprised if its my last job . i plan on being here forever .

the kids love the employees and Ms. Wall shes a great director everything she do is for the children shes all for the children and her employees even cater to the parents from time to time . customers always leave out of here happy WHY ? cause we as employees take our time to greet parents in and out w/ a smile make sure there kids are WELL TAKING CARE of with MEALS and attention , affection.

kids dont even wanna leave sometimes thats how much we show them love . love my job and everything about it . so all the negative comments are just out of anger because you wasnt qualified for a job here .

i would be angry to if i couldnt work here . its such a wonderful place :)

Consumers be careful about what you post on this site especially if you are doing it out of anger. In order for you remove comments that you posted you will have to admit to penalty or perjury which can land you prison time!!!

View more comments (28)
ID

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article