Go somewhere else.

Absolutely worthless company. Do not deal with them. Save your money and book with a different rental company. Read the reviews online. We let a lot of stuff go over the years but its over. Dirty houses, holding security deposits for a month or longer after you have left, never get early check in. Check in times get later and later each year. Canceled our vacation rental months ago without even a phone call and then blamed it on us for giving a bad email address. I guess it was to complicated/hard for them to call my home phone, cell phone, wifes cell phone or send something in the mail. Best part, when you send an email to a bad email address, you get an instant notification that its invalid. Just shows how the staff is completely useless. Doesn't help or not able to comprehend how to do their job above the bare minimum. They just keep your hard earned money and then try to talk you into another rental thats way more expensive that the one you had booked. When you tell them you booked with a new company and you would like to just move on, they just literally respond: “Well its your fault your money is now forefieted.” Do your research, there are a lot of better companies on the island. I would give a 0 rating if it was allowed. SAVE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!

House dirty, busted windows

Rented a place from this agency this summer. House was WAY worse than we expected. Broken window glass over sink, neighbors said old problem. Grill on concrete blocks, no legs, deck unsafe due to age and severely splintered wood including handrails. Almost all double hung windows unable to stay up without pieces of tree branches left to support them, plus window wells were packed with years of flaked paint that could have been lead, impossible to tell. Paint flaking off front door as well. Front porch floor packed with years of pollen, all screens on porch overdue for cleaning with extensive spiderweb infestations. Curtains on bedroom windows fell down if touched at all, spring rods old and worn out. Table lamps without shades, bare bulbs. Told agency, said we'd stay given we liked location and could make it work. Agency very apologetic, twice repeated that we would definitely be getting substantial rebate (which we did not ask for) and claimed to appreciate our remarks. Delivered new grill. Once home, took long time to get security deposit back, never got any sort of rebate for problems, called and emailed, finally got a manager who said that's what we should expect in summer rentals, but agreed to $75 refund. Amazing. We have rented for about 20 years on Chincoteague including from this agency in the past and have NEVER had problems even close to these. VERY disappointing.
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Hurricane Impedes Travel - only 25% refund from Chincoteague Resort Realty

Hurricane Irene caused an evacuation of Chincoteague Island in August on the very day we were scheduled to arrive. The realty company called and told us NOT to travel there. The storm traveled north and hit our home and neighborhood just as Chincoteague was in the clear. Unable to travel, we had to forfeit our plans and our money. Chincoteague Resort Realty only refunded 25% of our rental fee which we had paid in full. When we phoned, they rudely hung up on us and ignored our written attempts to communicate about this matter. We've contacted the Chamber of Commerce and the Better Business Bureau. We would never rent from them again and caution all others not to do business with them.

I wrote up the situation where i was held against my will. Then lost it in cyber-space.

Shucks! Maybe will try again later. Would like to clarify something I wrote before. I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE UNTIL HELP ARRIVED.

I was not Told This! I was stating the fact, that I was held by force.

And only when someone came and assisted me getting the door open, was I able to be freed from the office. And was free to get away from Realtor S.

First day, I'm told that a request had been made....however......would need to get back with me. Next day told that, presently,there was no one in the office, from the department that sends out refunds.

Third day, I'm told that I am not allowed to call the office ever again. I responded that I have every right to follow up on this. I'm told that she has sent it out. And also, I have been reported to the Chincotague Police, so don't call again.

I asked for what reason were the police called? No answer and the person hung up. I called the Chincoteague Police and they were unable to find a formal written complaint. Though a verbal complaint might have been made but they are not allowed to let me know that, nor what might have been said.

So I made an informal verbal complaint as well. Besides this smaller matter ,there was a larger matter that had occurred over the past month plus. This resulted in one of the realtors screaming at me, putting her hands on me, and physically not allowing me to leave her office, until 'help arrived.' I will try to describe that incident in a second message. Since there is no formal report.

I have called back to talk with the manager and/or owner. I was told she did not want to talk with me, but I could leave a message. I left a message, requesting Firstly; a return call Re: The return of my security deposit. Secondly; Re: The refusal to allow me to speak with the person who had been wonderful in helping me over the past 6 plus months.

She is a true Gem!

And Lastly; Re: The not only inappropriate and unprofessional behavior of Realtor S.; but, the illegal actions toward me by Realtor S., when I did not agree with her about something. To Follow.

View more comments (1)
Clifton, New Jersey

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article