I received a letter today from check processing bureau legal services.

If not for this site I would have paid the $197.78 they say I owe. Thanks for passing the word along. Their letter state: Date 9/22/08 Case No: 70177**** Total balance $197.78 Criminal check fraud charges are being formally recommended as a result of your issuance of fraudulent check in the state of NY. ETC.... This process will begin upon receipt of your signed acknowledgement. Check fraud is a felony in the State of NY. PS: if you have already been contacted by local law enforcement officials, please do not call this office. Sincerely, Sanford Hutton (EXT: 112) Check Processing Bureau Legal Services 888-238-****.

He's now serving 2.5 years for mail fraud :)

disgrumpled employers.this company is fraudelent

he also defrauds his staff.he has defrauded about 5 staff members either not paying them or firing them for no reason or says we owe his income tax bull ***.his name is billy troper and can be found in Israel

Syracuse, New York

I too received a letter from Check Processing Bureau accusing me of check fraud in the State of WA.

It said that criminal charges were being filed and that I was supposed to have written a fraudulent check to Quality Tune Lube and Brakes! I have never even been to QTL&B much less wrote a check.I do not use checks - EVER! It was signed Ron Adams Ext. 107 Amount of $671.00....this letter is a SCAM. Where can we find these people and put them where they belong? It even had a case number. It also stated an address of 130 Church Street Suite 276 NY, NY 10007 and phone no. 1-88*-238-**** - and they had my new address of three months.

Hi,

Thanks for your pro information. I like it.

Thanks.

In Michigan, I too recieved the same letter. Called and left that company a message to not contact me any further.

Called local news to let others know before someone sends these jokers money. errrrr

Glens Falls, New York

Sent a letter saying I owe a 137.00 hot check

I just got a letter today from check processing bureau enforcement division in New York, New York. The letter says I am being advised of my issuance of a fraudulent check that was returned unpaid by my financial institution. Then it goes on saying how check fraud is a crime in the state of Oklahoma and threatens civil and criminal charges. It also states that it was previously placed with a collection agency that made numerous unsuccessful attempts at resolution. I never heard anything from anybody until this letter. It does not give the check number (I've only written 3 checks in 5 years and all have cleared the bank and the rest have been cash or debit card) nor does it mention the person/business it is written to or a date of the transaction. I called and only got a voicemail system to leave a message. I've called the local news stations and my mother who lives in Oklahoma City is calling her local stations to alert people of this fraud. There's no telling how many people have just sent a check to these people without questioning it. I don't owe anybody anything, and if I did they would give me the check number, date of transaction, and the company written to. They can't, so I won't pay anything.

I too just received a letter stating I wrote a check in California and criminal action will take place. I tried calling the number on the letter but also got a voicemail.

I was worried that someone may have stolen some personal info but after reading all the complaints I know now its a scam.

How do we take action against this fradulent company?

Hey, my daughter got one of these letters too. $160 owed to some store in Florida.

She did talk to someone who told her a date the debt occurred which was 2 months before she moved there, to a company she never shopped at , from a checking account she never had.

This has got to be a scam, but who do you report it to? Is it mail fraud?

ID
#119450 Review #119450 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Tulsa, Oklahoma

About

Summary

Check Processing Bureau Enforcement Division is a collection agency operating in New York. The company solicits consumers via mail and telephone for monies owed on bounced checks that consumers claim to have no record of. The company refuses to furnish consumers with copies of their bounced checks or any additional proof of debt, as required by law, stating that it can only provide such information in a court setting. Consumers are also told that the company will pursue criminal action if they do not pay. Most consumers believe the company is trying to scam innocent people into paying a debt which not only does not belong to them but which also may be completely made up. Check Processing Bureau Enforcement Division is not a licensed debt collector in New York City.

Check Processing Bureau reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article